[JB][412][CWM] ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 (FREEDOM for EUR-xxx)

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
tested and confirmed that after "Unlocked" is shown in hidden phonemenu(dial 3845#*880#) using fastboot oem unlock or adb reboot oem-unlock, we got access to install recovery from root shell in recovery or during regular bootup.

updated - now uses latest 6.0.2.8 + fixed adb usb in recovery when connecting to pc.

pre-required
- unlock bootloader , if you got a EUR-xxx in Settings->about phoné->software version, otherwise it seems you cannot unlock your model.
(adb reboot-bootloader ; fastboot oem unlock -> enable unlock -> wait 30sec -> remove battery)
Some notes on Unlocking bootloader
- try and make sure your phone is fully charged (100% if possible, this might do good for the unlock mechanism to work)
- remember, if you s/w upgrade menu has bootloader state: unlocked - it is ok,
- if hidden dialer menu(3845#*880#) says Unlocked, it is ok.
- rooted v20a device (follow instructions from here ) (new easier root method)

GUIDE:
1. when you are running unlocked bootloader and is rooted goto step 2.
2. download attached zip files and extract content to internal sdcard location
3. use adb shell or terminal from market and execute the commands below
4. you are now running with native CWM recovery and unsecure boot, which enable adb root at boot instantly.

5. boot into recovery, by rebooting device and hold VOL-DOWN during bootup. (from power-off = keep holding vol-down during power on)

execute these 2 commands for recovery image install
Code:
 su
cat /mnt/sdcard/recovery-6028.img >/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
sync

or see screenshot here
34t92mx.jpg

do this at your own risk, and do NOT try this on old 4.0.3, which is not with unlocked bootloader, and you are required to install KDZ again.
note: unsecure boot is not included anymore, as it was beta v20a based.

THANKS to:
skydev - for his continued effort in finding root and giving our device full freedom with boot/recovery.

Attachments

• LG-o4x-412recovery-CWM6028.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 18,839
Last edited:

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy
it's so fast, in two days only everything has changed

waouh!!

Soon, Kholk's kernel and a lot of ROMS !

Last edited:

phynix5800

May 20, 2010
Thats so awesome, big thanx to our devs!

@Dexter_nlb:
Is there a way to lock the bootloader again, so the warranty stays intact?

sQuAshPL

Apr 11, 2011
Gdynia (Poland)
Odp: [JB][412][CWM] ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.1 + unsecure images for v20a (THIS IS FREEDOM)

Very good information!
This is a new life for our LG.

Now we are waiting for custom roms (official CM! ;D).

nbock97

Apr 14, 2012
F**k yeah !!!

f**k yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally unlocked bootloader for 4X :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Today is the day of 4X HD!!! I can't wait for test kholks kernel with CM 10.1 :good: I can smell the custom roms uhhh yeah :good::victory::victory::victory::victory:

if I unlock bootloader with tutorial above can I flash CustoNexus/CM 10.1 (when CWM is available) and the bootloader will stay open?

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Thats so awesome, big thanx to our devs!

@Dexter_nlb:
Is there a way to lock the bootloader again, so the warranty stays intact?

well, do you know bootloader is not already officially locked?
maybe its the BETA that opens but official will relock it, like htc, so your warranty is broken.

but no, i do not know when "fastboot oem lock" will ever work or not.

Reactions: pandar3 and Graveen

igorstoja83

Dec 9, 2012
BIG THANX for all on this work.We unleash the beast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :laugh::laugh::laugh: yeah:good:

Subhajitdas298

Sep 10, 2012
Kolkata
Re: [JB][412][CWM] ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.1 + unsecure images for v20a (THIS IS FREEDOM)

Thanks for your great work but can you give more detailed steps? It is hard to understand for a regular user like me. I maen exactly what to do step by step. Thanks in advance. And also will this CWM replace stock recovery or work aside like in ICS?
And I always wanted to say "beast unleashed"... Thanks.

icewaere

Oct 7, 2007
absolutly AWESOME WORK Guys love you ;)

thx to make this happen!!!

X-Mas Day Yeaaaaa

regards ice

igorstoja83

Dec 9, 2012
Thanks for your great work but can you give more detailed steps? It is hard to understand for a regular user like me. I maen exactly what to do step by step. Thanks in advance. And also will this CWM replace stock recovery or work aside like in ICS?

+1

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen

the steps are as simple as explained, 3 commands and you are using CWM native, which replaces stock now, so it works with VOL-down to start and so on.

so all you do is unlock + root it like explained.

i can confirm the "Unlocked" feature remains, i have flash v10h 4 times now, and i only unlocked my device once.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
try to unlock..but fail...can u explain clear step for unlock..BTW, thanks for ur work
patience?

fastboot oem unlock
answer question on screen
wait 30 seconds
unplug usb
unplug battery and let it reboot
and check you got "Unlocked" in hidden phone menu.

i did nothing else i believe, besides experiment a little with pressing buttons after i select unlock on screen, but i doubt that had any effect.
others did not report they did?

Reactions: gengi

Navios92

Nov 24, 2011
Damanhour
the steps are as simple as explained, 3 commands and you are using CWM native, which replaces stock now, so it works with VOL-down to start and so on.

so all you do is unlock + root it like explained.

i can confirm the "Unlocked" feature remains, i have flash v10h 4 times now, and i only unlocked my device once.

After doing this do I have to flash V20A again?
ANd If I flash V10 after that will I be able to access CWM or it will be gone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tested and confirmed that after "Unlocked" is shown in hidden phonemenu(dial 3845#*880#) using fastboot oem unlock or adb reboot oem-unlock, we got access to install recovery from root shell in recovery or during regular bootup.

updated - now uses latest 6.0.2.8 + fixed adb usb in recovery when connecting to pc.

pre-required
    - unlock bootloader , if you got a EUR-xxx in Settings->about phoné->software version, otherwise it seems you cannot unlock your model.
    (adb reboot-bootloader ; fastboot oem unlock -> enable unlock -> wait 30sec -> remove battery)
    Some notes on Unlocking bootloader
    - try and make sure your phone is fully charged (100% if possible, this might do good for the unlock mechanism to work)
    - remember, if you s/w upgrade menu has bootloader state: unlocked - it is ok,
    - if hidden dialer menu(3845#*880#) says Unlocked, it is ok.
    - rooted v20a device (follow instructions from here ) (new easier root method)

GUIDE:
    1. when you are running unlocked bootloader and is rooted goto step 2.
    2. download attached zip files and extract content to internal sdcard location
    3. use adb shell or terminal from market and execute the commands below
    4. you are now running with native CWM recovery and unsecure boot, which enable adb root at boot instantly.

5. boot into recovery, by rebooting device and hold VOL-DOWN during bootup. (from power-off = keep holding vol-down during power on)

execute these 2 commands for recovery image install
    Code:
     su
    cat /mnt/sdcard/recovery-6028.img >/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    sync

or see screenshot here
    34t92mx.jpg

do this at your own risk, and do NOT try this on old 4.0.3, which is not with unlocked bootloader, and you are required to install KDZ again.
    note: unsecure boot is not included anymore, as it was beta v20a based.

THANKS to:
    skydev - for his continued effort in finding root and giving our device full freedom with boot/recovery.
    here the new unsecure boot from the new update (v20a aneubk)

get root, follow dexters instructions and then adb is running at root all the time and flashing with fastboot is working again (with secure boot it didnt work)
    RC from CyanogenMod posted unlocking tutorial for L9 (which now has official update). Maybe we should have wait for official release. And maybe Dexter_nlb could add this in OP. (I don't know if this is valid for our device):

Unlocking the LG Optimus L9

The L9's (p760) update to Jellybean from LG started rolling out today. It has a ton of new stuff for people who are interested in keeping the stock ROM, and another new thing that's of interest to us: the bootloader is now unlockable.

How?

Step 1 - After installing the JB update (I don't know if there are any leaks, but it so avoid them. The real update is out), make sure you have a SIM in your phone and
    let it stay on for at least 30 continuous minutes. This is important!. If you skip this step, you may end up with a permanently locked device.

... (further is not important for us)
    well im stuck! When i enter reboot bootloader phone restart and lg sign is on, but on the top of screen there is nothing. And when i enter fastboot i got this (see picture). But if i unplug cable i got text running factory reset for the first bootloader unlock and thats it. Nothing happens.

update your tools
    Updated post #1 with CWM 6.0.2.8 + adb connection fix (now you can use adb in recovery too)