[Solved] Facebook update/reinstall issue - insufficient storage available

Search This thread

bivasdas

Feb 14, 2012
Hi,

I had an issue runnisg FB, it'd go blank and upon back-press it'd kill itself (or something like that - with a toast that said, app killed). To make things worse, I had the issue of insufficient storage available when I tried reinstalling it. Searched a lot, tried top hits like, wipe cache/dalvik-cache, delete *.odex from /data/app, use market helper, lucky patcher, uninstall big apps, and what not. Frustrating part was I HAD 4+ FREAKING GB OF STORAGE AVAILABLE!!!

No luck! So I decided a DIY approach. Install CatLog and watch...

Does this sound familiar:

Code:
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_jpegtexture.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_dalvik-internals.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_cpucapabilities.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_stlport_shared.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_tracker.so

Well, this is the problem! Manually deleted them, from terminal emulator:

Code:
su
cd /data/app-lib
rm -rf com.facebook.katana-1

and FB installed without any issue! Next time you have the same problem, just hit thanks! ;)

Oh! before I forget, my specs are Nexus 4, Pacman rom and Franko Kernel, just in case.

bivasdas

Feb 14, 2012
Same, now with Yelp

Had same problem with Yelp update today! Manually deleted the .so file from /data/app-lib/com.yelp.android-1 and /data/app-lib/com.yelp.android-2

Any idea, what might be the root cause? Why is the file left there, even if the app is uninstalled?

apex88

Aug 19, 2011
Hi,

I had an issue runnisg FB, it'd go blank and upon back-press it'd kill itself (or something like that - with a toast that said, app killed). To make things worse, I had the issue of insufficient storage available when I tried reinstalling it. Searched a lot, tried top hits like, wipe cache/dalvik-cache, delete *.odex from /data/app, use market helper, lucky patcher, uninstall big apps, and what not. Frustrating part was I HAD 4+ FREAKING GB OF STORAGE AVAILABLE!!!

Code:
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_jpegtexture.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_dalvik-internals.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_cpucapabilities.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_stlport_shared.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_tracker.so

Code:
su
cd /data/app-lib

and FB installed without any issue! Next time you have the same problem, just hit thanks! ;)

Oh! before I forget, my specs are Nexus 4, Pacman rom and Franko Kernel, just in case.

have you used lucky patcher recently?

me_gusta

Nov 10, 2011
umm

terminal says cant rm, directory not empty.. what can i do, pls help? says that when i try to remove it with root browser too.. it seems like the cache folder is the problem..

stevenb123

Jan 1, 2012
install location

Hi Bvisdas, are you still having the same problem? I have had this problem recently and have been able to fix it. :laugh:

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles
Hello I have the same problem with apply geek. But can't find anything in data/app-lib

And yes I did use lucky patcher! To remove the ads.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

ajayk92

Jul 23, 2012
Palakkad
Deleting using terminal worked..

I had the same problem in installing facebook, in my Galaxy SL, now solved.. :good: :D

Work!!!!

Hi,

Code:

Code:
su
cd /data/app-lib

Very Good! Solve my problem! :good::good::good::good:

amingning@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2013
cant update facebook my device
gingerbread huawei c8650
how to update
please can someone help me

Sent from my C8650 using xda app-developers app

mattizuppiroli

Nov 5, 2013
Bologna
I'm here only to confirm that the same method worked even for me. Galaxy S3 with CM 10.2 stable build and Boeffla Kernel. Thanks so much! :good:

tjackrabit

Apr 20, 2013
Hi,

Code:

Code:
su
cd /data/app-lib

Thanks, worked for me to with Galaxy S3 having Omnirom Android 4.4.4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Code:

Code:
    su
    cd /data/app-lib