[Q] Can't Access Internal SD Card - Need original platform.xml file

Search This thread

morockin

Aug 22, 2011
So things were going well... I had rooted my S5 thanks to Geohot, was able to install and run Titanium Backup and see my old backups from my last phone. Then when I tried to backup my S5 I ran into the "insufficient space error". A quick Google searched revealed that I needed to edit my platform.xml file to be able to write to my entire External SD. So I did edit platform.xml, reboot the phone and voila.... I can't access either my internal or my external SD card! Far as I can tell, I screwed up my permission in platform.xml.

Can someone please send me their original so that I can hopefully get my phone fixed?

If that doesn't work I may just have to reformat and lose all my data since I can't find any other way to fix permission since I can't run most of the programs on my phone (I can, however, use Solid Explorer).

nicetucu

Mar 10, 2014
Salem, Oregon
Where is the file located? And you need it from a non rooted phone? Just did this for another member today.... I suppose I could do this for you as well.... don't want you to lose all your data bro.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What I did with titanium Bu was use the sdfix https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix and went into preferences in TBU and changed Backup Folder Location to /storage/extSdCard/TitaniumBackUp

This of course assuming you have a micro sd card in the phone. Give me the path to where the file is and I'll grab it for you from my wife's non rooted phone.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Pm sent with the file from my rooted phone that has working permissions... good luck!

morockin

Aug 22, 2011
Where is the file located? And you need it from a non rooted phone? Just did this for another member today.... I suppose I could do this for you as well.... don't want you to lose all your data bro.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What I did with titanium Bu was use the sdfix https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix and went into preferences in TBU and changed Backup Folder Location to /storage/extSdCard/TitaniumBackUp

This of course assuming you have a micro sd card in the phone. Give me the path to where the file is and I'll grab it for you from my wife's non rooted phone.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Pm sent with the file from my rooted phone that has working permissions... good luck!

You're a life saver! The platform.xml file it located in /system/etc/permissions . As I said, I really hope this is all I need to get back to normal...

morockin

Aug 22, 2011
You're a life saver! The platform.xml file it located in /system/etc/permissions . As I said, I really hope this is all I need to get back to normal...

Thanks again for the file, however it does not seem to have done the trick. As far as I can tell, something is happening where the mapping is incorrect for my internal and external SD. I can still access the files for the internal SD through /data/media/0 and the external SD through the media_rw directory, but the "normal" mappings lead to an empty folder. This is a real problem because most of my apps can't run without access to these folders (I have about 6 apps continously FC'ing when I boot up the phone). What do I do?!?!

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks again for the file, however it does not seem to have done the trick. As far as I can tell, something is happening where the mapping is incorrect for my internal and external SD. I can still access the files for the internal SD through /data/media/0 and the external SD through the media_rw directory, but the "normal" mappings lead to an empty folder. This is a real problem because most of my apps can't run without access to these folders (I have about 6 apps continously FC'ing when I boot up the phone). What do I do?!?!
I had the same issue. First try a factory reset. If that does not work, then you will need to downgrade, with a factory reset. Just resetting the platform.xml file doesn't work without a factory reset, neither does a factory reset without resetting the platform.xml file. Once you screw up the permissions, then your phone is screwed pretty good. I have a guide in the general section.

Reactions: s8freak

Superfish1000

Sep 13, 2012
I had the same issue. First try a factory reset. If that does not work, then you will need to downgrade, with a factory reset. Just resetting the platform.xml file doesn't work without a factory reset, neither does a factory reset without resetting the platform.xml file. Once you screw up the permissions, then your phone is screwed pretty good. I have a guide in the general section.

Could you please direct me to it? I have f'ed my phone in a similar manner and would really like to be able to use it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.