G3 features with 3rd party launchers?

Search This thread

nap007

Sep 28, 2008
will my device still retain features such as knock on, knock codes, lg's customized nav buttons, qslide apps, multi windows if I use a 3rd party launcher like nova launcher?

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
yes. the only thing you will lose is the lg specific widgets, the lg health page and the ability to knock off anywhere (you can still double tap the status bar to knock off)

i'm using nova and all the other lg stuff works great

nap007

Sep 28, 2008
yes. the only thing you will lose is the lg specific widgets, the lg health page and the ability to knock off anywhere (you can still double tap the status bar to knock off)

i'm using nova and all the other lg stuff works great
Thanks, but how about the nav buttons? I don't want to lose the ability to rearrange the nav buttons and quick notification pull down button

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
I wish there was a way to still get the LG widgets and health app outside of the stock launcher. I'd also love the lock screen clock as a widget

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
Knock off will only work if you double tap the status bar. It's unfortunate.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
I'm also using Nova. I wish it came with gestures for locking the screen. It would have been easier to replicate the knock off feature

Protagoras

Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm also using Nova. I wish it came with gestures for locking the screen. It would have been easier to replicate the knock off feature

I found the "Turn Off" little free app works beautifully for that.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.marinelli.android.TurnOff

Just install it, then bind the double tap gesture in Nova to "Turn off" shortcut, and you get an exact replacement for Knock Off.

Reactions: keithleyson

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
Turn Off utility works great. Thanks for the link.

SpencerAR

Feb 21, 2008
Thanks for the lead on the program, and for the tip on hitting the notification bar.

I was afraid I'd have to make the tough choice between the functionality of the double-tap and just using Nova.

Forgive me if I missed the explanation, but why doesn't the double-tap just work in Nova like in the standard launcher?

munkiii

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks for the lead on the program, and for the tip on hitting the notification bar.

I was afraid I'd have to make the tough choice between the functionality of the double-tap and just using Nova.

Forgive me if I missed the explanation, but why doesn't the double-tap just work in Nova like in the standard launcher?

I think that the double tap gesture in Nova needs to be tapped on a blank/empty area without any icons/shortcuts/widgets.

ADRIANPG

Jul 26, 2014
new orleans
using g3 tweaksbox I set the double tap on home key to turn screen off and enabled double tap on status bar. so when using phone with one hand I can reach the home button easily.

Top Liked Posts