HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010
i usually buy the new fone first then sell the old one, i'm debating now... since TEP insurance is going up to $11 a month.... sprint is sneaky lolz

What do they do to your old cdma phone after transferring your number to the new phone? Unlock it for any cdma carrier or it can only be used with Sprint.

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Question is will it come to Sprint.

Buying Quad-core makes sense.

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

Because its going to make a huge difference to the end user? Let's face it- these specs on paper regarding number of cores and clock speeds have little impact on the end user experience.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Nope, but if you listened to all these samsung fanboys, the SGS3 was about to take the world by storm with a 1080p HD screen, and a new processor that is faster than the speed of sound, and a GPU that makes xbox look like atari and a camera that is better than anything that hasn't even been thought of.....But at the end of the day its just on par with what has been/will be released this year.

This dude gets it!

It seems Samsung is getting an apple like following where users are blind to everything else...LOL

Like those that said the evo lte wasn't an upgrade from the 3D and the design was the same as HTC's usual phones...then Samsung releases an SGS3 looking just like the SGS2 and they flock to it. LOL...

Both are solid devices given the specs at a glance...no need to discredit either...though the camera tech in the EVO has me sold...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

K

knowledge561

This dude gets it!

It seems Samsung is getting an apple like following where users are blind to everything else...LOL

Like those that said the evo lte wasn't an upgrade from the 3D and the design was the same as HTC's usual phones...then Samsung releases an SGS3 looking just like the SGS2 and they flock to it. LOL...

Both are solid devices given the specs at a glance...no need to discredit either...though the camera tech in the EVO has me sold...

The SGS3 isn't even released yet. Those probably aren't even the specs. Chill..........

BTW..HTC makes **** cameras.

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
The SGS3 isn't even released yet. Those probably aren't even the specs. Chill..........

BTW..HTC makes **** cameras.

Engadget is now reporting that the Galaxy S 3 will have a 12 mp camera. And this is Samsung, who has a history of putting awesome cameras in their phones.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/20/amazon-germany-leaks-galaxy-s-iii-specs/

brownhornet

Jan 5, 2009
lol..these "leaks" are nothing more than speculation. Every time a new leak comes out the specs change. I think most on here are just hoping it doesn't own the One X like the GS2 did the 3D last year.

Reactions: WatermelonSlim

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
It's way better than the Evo 3D's camera.

Yeah, but gets schooled by the camera of the iP4s and HTC One.

I hope Samsung doesn't adopt the thinking that increasing MP makes a better camera, the illogical thinking that HTC fell victim to. We have seen time and time again that MPs don't mean a whole lot, if they did then the 5MP camera of the iPhone 4 wouldn't be significantly better than most of the cameras in Android phones. Using a 'zero lag shutter' with ****ty optics = ****ty camera. Making that camera 12MP instead of 8MP = ****ty camera with more MP.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgt. slaughter

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
Yeah, but gets schooled by the camera of the iP4s and HTC One.

So you're saying Samsung's camera on their last gen phone, which was better than any HTC camera ever made, isn't as good as the camera on HTC's brand new flagship phone that hasn't even been released in the USA?

And this is supposed to be some sort of knock on Samsung cameras?

Just read your edit...

Samsung has never put out a "bad" camera. I don't think you need to worry about the quality of the camera on the Galaxy S 3. Samsung consistently had the best cameras in the WinMo days, and they have consistently had the best Android cameras too.

If you're worried about future cameras, you should be concerned with the Evo LTE. HTC is the one who historically hypes a camera and it turns out to be crappy.

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
U guys sure love trolling the 3D forum....one would think with all the HTC hate you few have that you would move along to your greener place...

Reactions: Genjinaro and mlin

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
U guys sure love trolling the 3D forum....one would think with all the HTC hate you few have that you would move along to your greener place...

I own an Evo 3D. Before that I had an Evo 4G, Sprint Touch Pro 2, AT&T Touch Pro 2, AT&T Tilt, Sprint Mogul, Sprint PPC 6700, and Sprint PPC 6600. Those are all HTC phones.

I am not some HTC hater or troll. I just call it like I see it.

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
So you're saying Samsung's camera on their last gen phone, which was better than any HTC camera ever made, isn't as good as the camera on HTC's brand new flagship phone that hasn't even been released in the USA?

And this is supposed to be some sort of knock on Samsung cameras?

Just read your edit...

Samsung has never put out a "bad" camera. I don't think you need to worry about the quality of the camera on the Galaxy S 3. Samsung consistently had the best cameras in the WinMo days, and they have consistently had the best Android cameras too.

If you're worried about future cameras, you should be concerned with the Evo LTE. HTC is the one who historically hypes a camera and it turns out to be crappy.

I'm saying that phones like the iP4s and Sony xperia have really stepped up the phone-camera game. Samsung's most recent solution to try to put out a "good" camera was a failure. The camera on the iP4s, Sony xperia, and HTC One make a dedicated point and shoot camera completely unnecessary; we've entered a new world of what constitutes a "good" and "bad" phone camera. Samsung released their GN alongside the iP4s release and touted the camera as a strong selling point- only to realize that its performance was dismal compared to other top performers on the market. HTC has made an effort to make a great camera without just increasing MP. On May 3, we'll found out if Samsung did the same thing.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

And SPB Shell 3D is way better than both of them.

SPB Shell blows and is way overpriced.

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
I'm saying that phones like the iP4s and Sony xperia have really stepped up the phone-camera game. Samsung's most recent solution to try to put out a "good" camera was a failure. The camera on the iP4s, Sony xperia, and HTC One make a dedicated point and shoot camera completely unnecessary; we've entered a new world of what constitutes a "good" and "bad" phone camera. Samsung released their GN alongside the iP4s release and touted the camera as a strong selling point- only to realize that its performance was dismal compared to other top performers on the market. HTC has made an effort to make a great camera without just increasing MP. On May 3, we'll found out if Samsung did the same thing.
So? Again, this Samsung camera that you are attempting to put down, was better than any HTC camera ever made to that point. In fact, HTC has still not released a camera in the USA that is even close to as good as it. So I fail to see how this means you're better off trusting the next HTC camera will be good, while worrying if the next Samsung camera will suck. History has shown time and time again that if one of them sucks it will be the HTC camera, and if one is good it will be the Samsung camera.

SPB Shell blows and is way overpriced.
It most certainly does not "blow" lol. It currently has a 4.1 rating in the market with over 100,000 + downloads. Clearly, lots of people agree that this app is awesome. I agree that it's expensive, but it's well worth the money (as over 100,000 people in the market agree).

Top Liked Posts