[APP][2.1+] BeWeather Pro for Android

Search This thread

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what are the exact steps you take?

Happens about once or twice a day. Have weather to update every hour. When screen is off, with auto update, notice that the clock isn't right when waking the device. Also noticed this can happen (not always), when you refresh the weather from the application, it can freeze the widget.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

cnadra

Feb 20, 2005
Someone should solve this problem. it cannot happen to such an essential application. please beweather developer do something

pfluger

Jan 15, 2006
Hamburg
Everyone who is having problems with freezing widgets, I would need a couple more details if possible:

- What launcher are you using?
- What BeWeather widget are you using? Are you using only one BeWeather widget?
- Do you use the default iconset or a custom one (BeWeather custom/Beautiful Widgets)?
- Do you use a Beautiful Widgets skin for the widget?

Thanks!

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
Everyone who is having problems with freezing widgets, I would need a couple more details if possible:

- Do you use the default iconset or a custom one (BeWeather custom/Beautiful Widgets)?

Thanks!

1. Stock launcher
2. 4x3, only one
3. Default iconset
4. No beautiful widgets skin

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

cnadra

Feb 20, 2005

Thanks!

- Go Launcher Ex
-I have tried all of the 4x???
-No

Actually in the old version (before updating to this current one with ICS support) the same issue was there even with the TWLauncher from Samsung. hope this will help you resolve the issue :)

pfluger

Jan 15, 2006
Hamburg
A new beta version is online. See first post for change log and download link.

This version addresses the widget freezing problems and excessive use of wakelocks on some devices. Let me know if this version improves the issues if you were affected.

cnadra

Feb 20, 2005

This version addresses the widget freezing problems and excessive use of wakelocks on some devices. Let me know if this version improves the issues if you were affected.

Downloading and will keep you posted :)

cnadra

Feb 20, 2005
Sadly the issue is still there. Although the update is superb especially the hourly icon option but still the widgets freezes. Check the image

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-24-00-37-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-24-00-37-08.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 388

cnadra

Feb 20, 2005
Also I can note the below

Most of the freezes is taking place whenever I wake up the device (I have my location selected )

Also somtimes whenever I am clicking on non responsive part of the widget (the date or the temperature I receive a vibration feedback) the freezing is taking place.

little times whenever I am adding another beweather widget (I am adding beweather widgets for testing purposes)

hope this will help you in fixing the problem.
and hope to hear good news soon

digidep

Jun 15, 2011

Installed 18 last night, but still froze the widget during the weather update at 6:15 overnight. Woke up and turned the screen on and noticed the widget not update.

When I force stop beweather and the launcher to fix, the last updated time is 7:15, like the updates continue even though the widget froze at 6:15. I have updates set to every hour.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335266707064.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335266707064.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 258

pfluger

Jan 15, 2006
Hamburg
According to a Google Issue reported by some users the widget freezing problem might not be BeWeather's fault. It seems to happen to other widgets on ICS 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 as well.

We are looking into this to find out if this is an ICS or a BeWeather bug.

See http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=28216 for details.

Please try the proposed workaround and force close the launcher app when the widget freezes. Does it update again after that?

cnadra

Feb 20, 2005
According to a Google Issue reported by some users the widget freezing problem might not be BeWeather's fault. It seems to happen to other widgets on ICS 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 as well.

Please try the proposed workaround and force close the launcher app when the widget freezes. Does it update again after that?

After restarting the launcher the widget starts working again but freeze will occur after sometimes . I am 100% positive that BeWeather at least is triggering the issue since if I uninstall BeWeather no freezing issue is occurring. Hope this will help to resolve the issue. I have beautiful widget also installed but no freezing issue as long as I do not have BeWeather installed :-(

digidep

Jun 15, 2011

Yes, force closing launcher does fix problem, however I do agree that BeWeather is somewhat at fault. Other widgets refresh without issue (tweetdeck, etc). It seems on scheduled weather update causes it to happen the most.

gbcox

Apr 25, 2012

I had reported the above link in a problem report I had submitted to you a few days ago. Apparently this is a quite pervasive issue. I have switched to Nova launcher and the problem still occurs - although now it is faster to restart the launcher... :rolleyes:

For me the issue seems to occur when I receive an incoming text message or phone call... if there is no activity on the phone, things seem to be fine. As I had mentioned earlier, there was some conjecture that this was due to an API change - but your updates mentioned you had optimized for ICS, so I would doubt that would be it.

Please advise if you find out anything. If it turns out to be an ICS issue having app developers complain hopefully will get it fixed quicker.

Thanks for the good support and quick response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BeWeather is a visually stunning weather app for Android. People coming from a BlackBerry might know us for apps like BerryBuzz/BeBuzz and BerryWeather.

To join this beta you need a licensed version of BeWeather Pro. BeWeather can be purchased at http://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweather

Please install over your existing installation to make sure your license can be detected.

Download the latest beta APK from http://www.bellshare.com/downloads/beta/public_beweather_android_apr12/beweather-release.apk

Posting of your device ID is NOT NEEDED ANYMORE.

Version 1.2.18 - 4/23/2012 3:00 PM EST
    - Added setting to select graph/icon display for hourly forecast
    - Fixed high/low temperature cut off in 4x2 w/forecast widget
    - Improved widget performance, potential fix for widgets freezing
    - Improved use of partial wakelocks
    - Improved transition between weather animations when switching locations (fade out/in)

Version 1.2.15 - 4/17/2012 7:30 PM EST
    - Added new 4x1 widget "Current Weather with Clock"
    - Added option to select default map for a location
    - Added option to select application to launch when weather icon is clicked on widget
    - Added 'Location's Default Map' and 'Location's Weather Conditions' as launchable apps from widget icon or clock

Version 1.2.14 - 4/16/2012 3:30 PM EST
    - Fixed several layout problems on pre-ICS/HC devices
    - Several text size adjustments in widgets
    - Fixed radar maps being lost between app launches

Version 1.2.12 - 4/14/2012 7:00 PM EST
    - Using separate temperature notification sizes on 2.1/2.2 and Honeycomb/ICS
    - Fixed main screen not honoring device's rotation lock setting
    - Fixed solid background showing through on widget when changed to 'widget' background

Version 1.2.11 - 4/13/2012 1:00 PM EST
    - Fixed widget sizes
    - Added widget preview images (in ICS launcher)
    - Made 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3 widgets resizable
    - Increased temperature notification digits size

Version 1.2.10 - 4/12/2012 2:30 AM EST
    - ICS/Honeycomb support
    - Weather animation download is now optional
    - Added support for landscape orientation
    - Added hourly forecast graph
    - Many bug fixes

Pro Only Features:
    - 100% Ad-Free
    - Visually stunning display of weather information using high definition (HD) videos
    - Fully customize widget backgrounds and clock
    - Completely customize BeWeather using one of more than 150 weather iconsets
    - Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
    - Dynamic Google Maps based animated radar and satellite maps (US only)

Standard Features:
    - Automatically track your location via GPS/cell location
    - 11 beautiful homescreen widgets in 6 different sizes. Fully customizable colors and fonts.
    - Temperature notification in statusbar
    - Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    - 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    - 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    - Instant weather advisory notifications (US only) via push technology (Android 2.2 and higher)
    - Built-in animated radar maps (US only)
    - Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    - Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
    - Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
    - Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    - Completely customize BeWeather using fonts and colors

device-2012-04-11-142935.png
    device-2012-04-11-143042.png
    It has been quite some time since the last update to BeWeather.

We will be releasing a beta of our next version very soon here in this forum.

Some of the changes included in this version:

- ICS support
    - Better tablet support
    - Landscape orientation
    - Hourly forecast graph

Here already a couple of screenshots.
    A new build is online. See first post for change log.
    Ah, in typical Bellshare fashion, they disappear for months then suddenly pop up with? A free version for BlackBerry 10.

Never mind the bugs in the apps that people paid for!

SMH...
    A new build is online. See first post for change log.