Car charger is not charging the device fast enough

Search This thread

amir77a

May 1, 2004
Hi

While I'm driving I'm using Waze for navigation, and the device is also connected to my in car multimedia unit via BT as a phone.
I'm connecting the device to the car charger, and getting the charging icons, so it is actually charging the device.

BUT... it seems that the charging is too slow. The percentages of the battery is going down, instead of going up. Yesterday while driving & charging, the battery totally got drained, and device turned itself OFF.

The charger cable is Samsung OEM, purchased before for the Galaxy S2.

I wonder if any other charger will better charge the S3?

What do you think?

Thanks!

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Use a kernel where you can.change the charging rate (eg siyah) and switch.the screen off when not needed. Naigation will then be usable with constant battery level

Sent via TCP/IP

amir77a

May 1, 2004
Use a kernel where you can.change the charging rate (eg siyah) and switch.the screen off when not needed. Naigation will then be usable with constant battery level

Sent via TCP/IP

I'm currently using stock kernel, and prefer not to change kernel.

I wonder if there is a simple way...another charger maybe?

iris_aim

Mar 10, 2006
Lahore
I was having similar problems,changed the USB wire that goes into wall charger and BOOM!it was charging all fine again,try changing to other USB cable,won't hurt in trying..:)

mustang2012

Jan 10, 2012
I'm currently using stock kernel, and prefer not to change kernel.

I wonder if there is a simple way...another charger maybe?

I am also using the stock kernel but car charger is changing well when I am using the navigation. Maybe, change the car charger.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using xda premium

amir77a

May 1, 2004
Just to inform, I've changed to another Samsung charger.. now it's charging much better.

With 2 hours of driving, using navigation software and BT was connected to the car's multimedia unit: Started with battery at 2%, ended with battery at 15%. not the best but reasonable.