[How-To] Port Your TW ROM to All Major US Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I have flashed ATT TW AND AOSP roms for my Tmobile out of the box and it works. I then change the build.prop with root explorer.

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
Going to give this a try this weekend. It's a dumb question but could I use this to say port a Sprint ROM to my AT&T phone ? Just a straight port over but just changing the things you list here ?

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Going to give this a try this weekend. It's a dumb question but could I use this to say port a Sprint ROM to my AT&T phone ? Just a straight port over but just changing the things you list here ?

I can't say for sure, but it should work just fine.

Though I must admit, Sprint is the worst choice you could make for your first port attempt. You could have problems with both libs and kernels.

And I still haven't figured out how to get MMS working on my Sprint port. :mad:

Reactions: oldbbman

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth

Though I must admit, Sprint is the worst choice you could make for your first port attempt. You could have problems with both libs and kernels.

hrmmm Verizon doesnt seem like a good port either and most tmo are fairly compatible already. I'll keep searching I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Anonymously_Unknown

Feb 9, 2012
Kingston
Is there any way of porting anything from the international i9300 to the AT&T i747 using a similar method as found in the original post?
I understand the processor and radio differences.

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
Is there any way of porting anything from the international i9300 to the AT&T i747 using a similar method as found in the original post?

There is going to be a lot more than is listed here for that... I doubt its really possible. Kind like you can't easily port a i777 ROM to a skyrocket

upndwn4par

Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey

It will take much more than what is listed in the OP. I am not sure I have ever seen a ROM ported from Europe to the US (or the other way around).

As you mentioned, the processor and radios are different, but so are the system partitions. Anything is possible, but I think that would be a huge amount of work.

If you try this please be very careful. Many, many users have bricked their devices flashing a ROM from across the pond.

voltage526

Nov 18, 2011
Hey all, I was hoping to get some assistance on an issue that myself and stratatak7 have been having. We're trying to port the Intergalactic ROM over to VZW. Following this guide, I was able to get it to boot and everything is functional including calling and texts, but we cannot get any mobile data. We've gone as far as replacing the kernel with a vzw kernel and replacing the modules in Intergalactic with modules from a vzw rom but mobile data refuses to work. I would be grateful for any suggestions because it seems that we are at a loss. Thanks :)

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey all, I was hoping to get some assistance on an issue that myself and stratatak7 have been having. We're trying to port the Intergalactic ROM over to VZW. Following this guide, I was able to get it to boot and everything is functional including calling and texts, but we cannot get any mobile data. We've gone as far as replacing the kernel with a vzw kernel and replacing the modules in Intergalactic with modules from a vzw rom but mobile data refuses to work. I would be grateful for any suggestions because it seems that we are at a loss. Thanks :)

Just to be safe can you screenshot your APN settings please to make sure they set correctly. Settings>mobile networks>access point names. It should take two screenshots to get it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

voltage526

Nov 18, 2011
I get an android.phone FC when opening the mobile network menu.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

upndwn4par

Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
OK, I apologize for having to ask this, but are you sure you followed all the steps correctly? I have to ask because my ROMs are the same version Intergalactic. Also, are you sure you grabbed the files from a VZW BLK3 ROM? Libs are the most important for data.

I have attached the files I use for my VZW port. I would change nothing except the ROM name in the build.prop for now and see how that goes. The eri.xml is compiled, so you can just add the file to framework-res with 7Zip. I started adding the csc files recently, but I don't think they really make a difference.

Attachments

• vzw.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: stratatak7

voltage526

Nov 18, 2011
OK, I apologize for having to ask this, but are you sure you followed all the steps correctly? I have to ask because my ROMs are the same version Intergalactic. Also, are you sure you grabbed the files from a VZW BLK3 ROM? Libs are the most important for data.

I have attached the files I use for my VZW port. I would change nothing except the ROM name in the build.prop for now and see how that goes. The eri.xml is compiled, so you can just add the file to framework-res with 7Zip. I started adding the csc files recently, but I don't think they really make a difference.

All the files were pulled from k3 ROMs yes. I've done the steps correctly to my knowledge, but I'll try again with your files when I get home and get back to you all. Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

voltage526

Nov 18, 2011
Fantastic news; Using your files worked. I'm up and running with data and everything else seems to be working just fine. Thanks a lot for the help. Now i'm just gonna tinker around and find out where I went wrong. :p

Reactions: stratatak7

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
When I flash a att rom on my t999 do I need to flash a tmo modem or just change the build prop and kernel of choice?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
For your own personal use you should be able to get by with just changing your build.prop. Maybe the apn if you run in to any data problems. You should not need to flash a kernel or radio.

Ok well I'm working on getting Intergalactic to work on my T999. I guess i have some file editing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide has already been used twice (and possibly four times) to break xda rules. I will not enable that.

Sorry everyone. Thread closed.
    What rom have you tried?

I tried to flash something and got Status 7.

Status 7 error while flashing usually means there is an error in your updater-script.

hrmmm Verizon doesnt seem like a good port either and most tmo are fairly compatible already. I'll keep searching I guess

I think Verizon would be a good choice.