A2DP does not work with HTC/Sense music player - only works with WindowsMedia player

Search This thread

batesweb

Jan 24, 2009
I had the HTC Touch HD for a year and had no problems using bluetooth audio streaming with the standard HTC music player on my JVC KD-AVX44.

Now I have the HD2 I always have to have Windows Media player running before I select "Bluetooth" on the head unit, otherwise it will not connect.

If I use Windows Media player then all is OK with the head unit.

However I would prefer (and expect) the standard HTC music player to be used like my old phone.

Have tried searching on this forum but cannot find any solution to change the default A2DP music player to the HTC one.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Strange....it works just fine for me. No need to run WMP.

In fact, AVRCP only works on HTC Sense Music player, which is kinda irritating as it's a bit slow imho.

Reason4444

Oct 18, 2006
No issues for me too...

With Plantronics A590 & Toyota Avensis Bluetooth Audio System...

batesweb

Jan 24, 2009
OK thanks all for the replies - I will contact HTC support and see if they have any ideas - thought they all might work in this way but seems not!

Cheers

htc12345

Dec 25, 2009
maybe you have to enable "play system sound on external device" setting for this to work?

Ninja Jaiden

Nov 10, 2008
I had the HTC Touch HD for a year and had no problems using bluetooth audio streaming with the standard HTC music player on my JVC KD-AVX44.

Now I have the HD2 I always have to have Windows Media player running before I select "Bluetooth" on the head unit, otherwise it will not connect.

If I use Windows Media player then all is OK with the head unit.

However I would prefer (and expect) the standard HTC music player to be used like my old phone.

Have tried searching on this forum but cannot find any solution to change the default A2DP music player to the HTC one.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks

I have the same issue on my JVC KD-AVX44, audio streaming via the HTC album is just a no go for some reason.

However windows media player works fine displaying all ID3 tag info.

Unfortuntely I sold my old HD before getting this JVC head unit so never tried it out with that device.

What on earth have HTC done to cause this A2DP issue when using HTC album? it makes no sense.

I am currently using the latest 1.66 WWE ROM update.

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
Seems like you're trying to start the stereo connection from your audio device.

Try to connect using the HD2's Bluetooth interface. It's under settings -> menu -> more. Select your audio device from the list and choose 'Stereo Audio'. This should enable audio streaming for all sounds, including HTC's player.

pjfriend

Apr 9, 2009
Leeds
I have the same issue on my JVC KD-AVX44, audio streaming via the HTC album is just a no go for some reason.

However windows media player works fine displaying all ID3 tag info.

Unfortuntely I sold my old HD before getting this JVC head unit so never tried it out with that device.

What on earth have HTC done to cause this A2DP issue when using HTC album? it makes no sense.

I am currently using the latest 1.66 WWE ROM update.

Same here. JVC stereo 1.66 WWE ROM.
Worked fine with Touch HD but not HD2.
Not that big an issue though as I usually use the music player with Copilot. It was fine on the Touch-HD either Bluetooth or line-in cable but if I use the HTC music player (with line-in as I can't use Bluetooth), the music drops out constantly. It doesn't do this with Windows Media Player. Love the phone but bit dissapointed an otherwise inferior phone coped so much better with something that I make use of a lot.
I'll report it to HTC too.

Paul

pksm2k

Jun 24, 2009
Seems like you're trying to start the stereo connection from your audio device.

Try to connect using the HD2's Bluetooth interface. It's under settings -> menu -> more. Select your audio device from the list and choose 'Stereo Audio'. This should enable audio streaming for all sounds, including HTC's player.

Hi, i was wondering if you could expand on your steps. I got a chinese version and the steps seem to dissapear for me after the more.
In HD2, when i go to "more" i get the connections menu, where would i proceed or if this is incorrect? Thanks!

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
Hi, i was wondering if you could expand on your steps. I got a chinese version and the steps seem to dissapear for me after the more.
In HD2, when i go to "more" i get the connections menu, where would i proceed or if this is incorrect? Thanks!
Hm... I wonder if your Chinese version has a different setup. This is what I do:

* On the settings tab in HTC Sense, I have one softkey on the bottom right that says "menu".
* When I tap this, a menu pops up with only one option (silly): "more".
* When I tap "more", I go to a screen with a number of settings icons: Bluetooth, Sounds & Notifications, Clock & Alarms...
*When I tap on "Bluetooth", I go to HTC's Bluetooth interface.

1stRaven

Dec 14, 2007
Did anyone find a fix to this? I've got the same head unit which works fine with my desire and spotify but not with my hd2.

Wmp on the hd2 will play over ad2p but the htc player and spotify will not. I get a brief 1 second of music and then nothing.

I've tried the various options of enabling system sound over ad2p, setting the connections to connect as one rather than separately but still no joy.