New FW and gear manager New issue

Search This thread

Builtfordtough1

Dec 17, 2010
I just did the new FW update and the new gear manager update. Now at what appears to be random time when I unlock my phone it goes directly to my contacts then contacts crashes. I uninstalled gear manger and it never happened as soon as I re-installed it it started again. My phone in a stock rooted note 3. Anyone else seen this issue?

Last edited:

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear
I just did the new FW update and the new gear manager update. Now at what appears to be random time when I unlock my phone it goes directly to my contacts then contacts crashes. I uninstalled gear manger and it never happened as soon as I re-installed it it started again. My phone in a stock rooted note 3. Anyone else seen this issue?

I am rooted and running Freeza's fre3 ROM. I started getting this when I first got my Gear 2 but that was with the original firmware and gear manager. I posted about it in the Sprint Note 3 section but nobody answered. I haven't seen it for a few days so hopefully yours will go away too. I got the new gear manager yesterday but still don't have the firmware update and I still haven't seen the contacts issue again.

dominoid

Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth
Try going into notifications in great manager and turning off smart relay. That solved it for me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

robber

Nov 12, 2006
I am opening up to ICE contacts add screen since installation of the new gear manager.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I-TensE-I

Apr 21, 2014
Vancouver
My issue is that my gear keeps disconnecting constantly at random saying Disconnected because out of range when the phone is in my pocket. Also with the new update in notifications the apps I used dissapeared. Now its just the stock phone, msgs, s calendar. I use chomp SMS for txt and now it,s not there anymore either. Seems like Samsung just keeps ruining things with every update

hughedee74

Feb 13, 2009
I thought I was the only person with the contacts and phone logs popping up as well. It happened after the gear update. However I didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time. I believe I fixed it so far by uninstalling the contacts and phone app through titanium backup.