[ROM] Cyanogenmod9 ICS Android 4.0.4 RC0 (UNOFFICIAL) Beta2 4/25/2012

Search This thread

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
Netflix and flash works if anyone was wondering.

I'll fix the headphones tonight.

Sent from my HTC Speedy using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: c00ller

Kirby Baker

May 1, 2006
Southwest Michigan
Forgive me for asking, but is it likely we will see 4G on this? Cant recall what the issue with 4G is, was it that we need an official 4G Sprint ICS ROM to rip it from? Is there one of those out there yet? Or some other issue?

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Forgive me for asking, but is it likely we will see 4G on this? Cant recall what the issue with 4G is, was it that we need an official 4G Sprint ICS ROM to rip it from? Is there one of those out there yet? Or some other issue?

no its a matter of the AOSP doesn't have support for wimax radios, since cm7 had it they might be able to backport the code but its a secondary thing since most of the devices that use wimax have bigger problems at hand than 4g.

Reactions: Kirby Baker

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Same here
And, noticing your sig, that your Intercept is bricked I couldn't help but remember when I had one. Even when functional, it wasn't much more useful than a brick :D

samsung's early android phones for sprint were all jokes, the moment was the biggest POS out there, which is funny because it was better spec'd than the hero at the time

agmyers76259

Feb 17, 2010
Thanks! Also, it appears the hardware keyboard needs work---fn key not working for any number/character input/etc

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
The only problem with the keypad is the shift and function lights

Sent from my HTC Speedy using xda premium

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
didnt work for me on the initial release (didnt flash the fixes zen uploaded)
and it also didnt work when i swapped out the mms apk with one i knew worked. (what i did with deck's ics roms before he fixed mms)

yea, the mms.apk doesn't really have a ton to do with the actual mms, I know with the miui rom for the Evo3d it was an issue with the way the framework parsed the package that was causing the issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an unofficial cyanogenmod9 RC0 for the shift.

This is my personal ROM. I am only uploading this for people to preview and test nothing more nothing less. I am not part of the cyanogenmod team. Don't ask for eta's, updates or fixes.

It comes as is. No google apps. Download them from rom manager or somewhere else.

All discussions, comments, complaints, bugreports are welcome.

There is no warranty expressed or implied. I make no claims to this work besides making it available for the shift.

Working:
    Mostly Everything but 4G
    Yes camera/camcorder/panorama work

Bugs:
    You tell me. There is always something.

Notes:
    Try this for vvm. I'm not going to include it in the ROM.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23635884&postcount=1

Instructions:
    Be rooted
    Custom recovery
    Full wipe
    Flash ROM
    Flash any patches
    Reboot

Download ROM
    Download Patch1
    The following is the main repo I used for this. It's a repo for the vision but since our phones are very close only minimal modifications to some frameworks and the kernel are needed. I'm not going to be doing anything more on the shift so I hope this helps.

https://github.com/jerl92

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
    New rom is up. Everything should be working but 4G.

Here is a link. Its also in the OP.

cm9 RC0 beta 2
    Anyone want ics sense with camera and all that working?

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
    I agree with sparksco.

Zenulator. It seems like we are really close to a fully functional ICS ROM for the Shift.

Please post the full source code either here or github so that other developers can access it and make contributions for the good of the community.