[ROM] [WIP] [BUILD 6] [9.1.13] Firefox OS (B2G) - NOT ANDROID, SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Search This thread

Axel2033

Nov 21, 2011
Penza
4pda.ru
attachment.php

General Info:

More information about Firefox OS (B2G) is available here and here. So... I saw this and couldn't resist having a little sneaky play around with it. This is NOT a daily driver. This is NOT stable. It's pre-alpha. If you want something to use as a phone, this isn't it. If you just want to use your phone as a phone, you need android rom.

With that aside, and with the clear understanding that while this won't brick your phone, it's nothing to do with me if it did for some reason, or likewise if your cat (or other cute pet) suffers a painful death as a result of flashing this. At your own risk, like everything else here on XDA-Developers!

So without further ado, WTF is this? Well, it's a project from Mozilla (the lovely people behind the Firefox browser). I won't go into details, suffice to say I suggest you read a lot over at their wiki - start off at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G and work your way through the pages.

These builds can only be installed with CWM!!!

Instructions for installing the first time :

Wipe data/factory reset
Format system
Install data.zip
Install system.zip

Upgrade Instruction:

Format system
Install system.zip

Download:
Data
System

Code:
Build 6:
-Update code base
-Some changes in kernel
-A new method of installing data

Build 5:
-Update code base. This month guys from mozilla have done a lot work on creating your own font and acceleration drawing graphics.

Build 4:
-Update code base
-Volume keys used as a menu button
-A new method of installing firmware via recovery
-Use ftp server for firmware. Thank you so much for this, [B][I][U]ancdix[/U][/I][/B]
-Small code cleanup
-Fix some small bugs

Build 3 did not laid out in public.

Build 2:
-Update code base
-Support flash firmware via recovery
-Increased performance

Build 1:
- Initial release

Follow me on G+ for more news:good:

Attachments

• Mozilla-Boot-2-Gecko-OS-image.jpg
    Mozilla-Boot-2-Gecko-OS-image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 218,069
Last edited:

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
So what doesn't work?
That would make it's easier to determine whether to experiment or not!
Do calls and sms work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Axel2033

Nov 21, 2011
Penza
4pda.ru
So what doesn't work?
That would make it's easier to determine whether to experiment or not!
Do calls and sms work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
It is not for daily using, only for experiments)

Instalation from twrp or cwr recovery nor work, only fastboot?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I wrote instraction. For now it only for fastboot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: josteink

itsDefying

Dec 16, 2011
hehe, just tested it out.

Looks pretty awesome, suprised at how fast it boots. Can't wait to see the development for this, looks like it's going well already! :)

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Neat, going to test it out :)

One massive bug I noticed is that the ROM has no buttons, which makes doing anything difficult, since you can't go back or home :p

Last edited:

JonathanBarca10

Feb 1, 2012
San Bernardino
Actually theres a few youtube videos of what it looks like. Not great videos but at least an idea of what it is. Honestly it doesnt look super different from Android. At least as far as the interface goes.

Reactions: cleansafi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

General Info:

More information about Firefox OS (B2G) is available here and here. So... I saw this and couldn't resist having a little sneaky play around with it. This is NOT a daily driver. This is NOT stable. It's pre-alpha. If you want something to use as a phone, this isn't it. If you just want to use your phone as a phone, you need android rom.

With that aside, and with the clear understanding that while this won't brick your phone, it's nothing to do with me if it did for some reason, or likewise if your cat (or other cute pet) suffers a painful death as a result of flashing this. At your own risk, like everything else here on XDA-Developers!

So without further ado, WTF is this? Well, it's a project from Mozilla (the lovely people behind the Firefox browser). I won't go into details, suffice to say I suggest you read a lot over at their wiki - start off at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G and work your way through the pages.

These builds can only be installed with CWM!!!

Instructions for installing the first time :

Wipe data/factory reset
    Format system
    Install data.zip
    Install system.zip

Upgrade Instruction:

Format system
    Install system.zip

Download:
    Data
    System

Code:
    Build 6:
    -Update code base
    -Some changes in kernel
    -A new method of installing data

Build 5:
    -Update code base. This month guys from mozilla have done a lot work on creating your own font and acceleration drawing graphics.

Build 4:
    -Update code base
    -Volume keys used as a menu button
    -A new method of installing firmware via recovery
    -Use ftp server for firmware. Thank you so much for this, [B][I][U]ancdix[/U][/I][/B]
    -Small code cleanup
    -Fix some small bugs

Build 3 did not laid out in public.

Build 2:
    -Update code base
    -Support flash firmware via recovery
    -Increased performance

Build 1:
    - Initial release

Follow me on G+ for more news:good:
    HEEEEY!!!! There are a lot of people with that problem, NO ONE WANT TO HELP?? XDA is a great place for DEV, but any great DEV have to HELP users with problems, or just tell something (like next build fix, etc)

HEEEEEY!!!!!

First, stop talking like a bloody kid. It sounds immature, and is a sure-fire way to make sure nobody wants to listen to you.

There might be a lot of people with that problem, that would presumably be why this thread is marked "WIP"?

When you write like you do, it doesn't surprise me that NO ONE WANT TO HELP. Perhaps if you complimented your annoying all-caps with some rainbow colours, people might want to help? Or perhaps if you actually wrote something that people wanted to reply to, it might help?

XDA is a great place for devs. So great in fact, that devs don't have to listen to annoying users, who come here *****ing and acting entitled. This thread is marked as WIP!

Did you even read the first post?

This is NOT a daily driver. This is NOT stable. It's pre-alpha. If you want something to use as a phone, this isn't it. If you just want to use your phone as a phone, you need android rom

Which part of that wasn't clear? Devs don't have to help end users - if they do so, they do it out of the goodness of their own hearts. Maybe they are busy doing things more important than obtaining a Rosetta Stone to convert your post into something decipherable by an ordinary human?

BYEEEEE!!!!

(see, I can pretend to be an annoying and immature demanding kid too)
    I don't see the point in this os, all it does is make your gnex useless.

It may be that, but most ROMs start out like this, especially experimental builds. If everyone thought like you, there'd be no progress in development at all lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Good news guys, tomorrow will be a new build with tons of changes)
    I will try to fix bugs and will make a new build every weak. Second build will be avaliable as cwm archive without wiping sdcard)

Sorry for by bad english =)