[APP] Meditation Timer [v0.1 alpha]

Search This thread

Toolmaker

Jun 18, 2010
I recently picked up my habit of meditating again, and found it rather difficult to meditate for a while without losing track of time or reaching my intended quiet time.

Thus, I have developed MeditationTimer for this. A very simple 1 screen timer that allows you to set the number of minutes you wish to meditate and start it. When the sound option is selected it will play a sound after finishing and go back to the start screen.

Looking for some feedback on how the GUI works and scales on various phones, as it's my first WM application ever. Developed on a HTC Touch Pro 2 running Windows Mobile 6.5

Requirements:
- .NET CF 3.5
- Windows Mobile 6 (6.1, 6.5)
- 1MB of storage

Features:
- Simple to use Sense SDK GUI
- Plays a gentle sound upon completion

Features to implement:
- Delayed start
- Run in unattended mode with the screen turned off
- Display a different form when meditating only showing the time left and a cancel button.
- Configurable sounds

Current issues:
The application currently calls SystemResetIdleTimer() while running, which obviously drains the battery way more than required, as meditating doesn't require you to interact with the phone. I did that so I could already start using it myself, instead of postponing it until I figured out how to get it to run in unattended mode.

Secondly: It plays a stock Microsoft sound taken from Windows 7, embedded as a resource. Obviously not the best sound, but it does the job for now. I do need to replace it.

And thirdly: It's a single screen application. Meaning that everything it does is a bit cluttered as it all happens in the main form where you can start a new session. I'm currently working on this to separate that out, and have a more tranquil second screen just display the time and a stop button.

Attachments

• MT-install.CAB
    754.6 KB · Views: 726

FrancisB1

Oct 12, 2009
That sounds great (and a great idea too).:)
Thanks to have developped that.

A way that I would like it to work (not for meditating, sorry) should be to hear a beep every past hour (but not at night), maybe is it possible to implement your prog this way.

Last edited:

lucvangestel

Apr 18, 2010
after using it I had to reset the phone

Hi

I like your idea of application, I would like to use it frequently,:)

but after trying it I had to reset the phone, before I could do other things,
the program would not shut down, the button turn of screen did not work.
after the soft reset, when trying again, it did not shut down.

maybe good idea is to have a button with the choice to block all incoming phonecalls, or block all other sounds maybe?
also different sounds would be great.

I am using hd2, with original latest rom, and spb shell 3.5.

regards Luc

SpinalRemains

Jul 1, 2010
Lynbrook, N.Y.
I used this twice since install. Both times were 15 mins. The program worked just as it should on Sprint TP2, stock ROM. I really like it. Very simple and functional.
- The pic on the XDA page advertising the app would be perfect for an icon! :D (There was no icon in the .cab, right? :confused:)