Release: I9000XWJM6 - Multi CSC(s) Europe

Search This thread

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
I installed this version to my phone yesterday (see the attachment) and since I have nothing to complain about (has there ever been ;)), I decided to share this release with the community.

Few facts about this version:

INTERNAL release (not official, obviously)
It is 2.1 Eclair
Build time: 2010.08.06 23:20:57 KST
Changelog: Unknown
PDA version I9000XWJM6, MODEM version I9000XXJM3
All CSC versions are I9000???JM1 and unbranded, but CSC´s for specific operators (Vodafone for example) are included.

I have not modified the code in any way, although I have repacked the release to make CSC selection possible.

Usually Odin3 images are provided in a single integrated .tar package which contain all of the necessary files. This way the CSC cannot be selected separately.

That is why I splitted the release in three different parts (CODE, MODEM, CSC).
Since Odin3 has flashfile checksum support I also added md5 hash tail to the .tar files. This way is more secure because Odin will not allow flashing corrupted images. Flashing takes a bit longer thou because the checksums are checked in the beginning of the update process.

You need to download two files.
GT-I9000_I9000XWJM6_I9000XXJM3_CODE-MODEM.rar
CSC_I9000???JM1 (CSC of your selection)

I know this is not nearly all of the excisting variants, but repacking the softwares is quite a slow process for certain reasons. I have access to pretty much any Samsung firmware, so if you find a variant missing you can send me pm. I can have a look.

Here is the description of CSC´s (included country variants):

DBT (Germany specific)
OXA *Multi CSC* (for France, Germany, Italy, Poland, UK, UK & Ireland)
OXE *Multi CSC* (for Baltic, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine)
OXX *Multi CSC* (for Austria, Baltic, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Switzerland)

BMC *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Custom apps: (Canada)
HUI Branded: (Tre - H3G Italy)
OLB *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Branded: (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
OPS Unbranded / Custom apps: (Optus Australia)

XEE - Nordic: (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden).

TMN Branded: (TMN Portugal)

Download links:

GT-I9000_I9000XWJM6_I9000XXJM3_CODE-MODEM.rar

CSC_I9000DBTJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXAJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXXJM1.rar

CSC_I9000BMCJH2.rar

CSC_I9000HUIHUI.rar

CSC_I9000OLBJG4.rar

CSC_I9000OPSJG1.rar

CSC_I9000XEEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000TMNJM1.rar

Special request:

I9000OXAJF6
Mock-up, check post #182 for further information.

Extract the downloaded .rar archives to the same folder.
The archives are contain .tar.md5 files. Do not open them with Winrar for example. They are compressed Odin images which do not need unpacking.

So how to proceed:

Put your phone to download mode (hold down: volume down, home key, power)

DO NOT plug in your phone yet, Odin / driver does not like it at this stage.

Start Odin3

Tick "Re-Partition", check that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" have been ticked.

Click "PIT" button and select s1_odin_20100512.pit file.

Plug in the phone and wait until Odin finds it.
Click "Start" button... <Firmware update start...> <Get PIT for mapping...> appear. The phone will turn off and the screen indicates "Reset". Wait until Odin indicates "Pass".

Plug out your phone, remove the battery, put it back in and put phone to download mode again.

Click "Reset" button in Odin and untick "Re-Partition" box.

DO NOT select PIT file again.

Click "PDA" button and select "CODE_I9000XWJM6.tar.md5" file.
Click "MODEM" button and select "MODEM_I9000XXJM3.tar.md5" file.
Click "CSC" button and select the desired version "CSC_I9000???JM1.tar.md5".

Plug in the phone and wait until Odin finds it.
Click "Start" button and wait until phone reboots with the new software version.

When using *Multi CSC* you need to type *#272*????# after the flash (in dialer). ???? being the current time displayed by phone. For example if the time is currently 6.25pm you need to type *#272*0625#. Then select the desired CSC version from the list and press "Install".

Regards.

- Nottingham

Attachments

• I9000XWJM6.jpg
    I9000XWJM6.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,891
Last edited:

Spybreak

Nov 6, 2006
Valencia
Will you be providing regular FW releases? apparently the guy from samsung-firmwares isn't getting any so it'd be nice to have a regular source for newer versions :)

MSRemmert

Aug 9, 2010
Ah nice I'll give this a bash after work tomorrow in the name of science and fannying around!
Does anybody fancy sticking Quadrant benchmark results up in the mean time? :)

Last edited:

vcespon

Dec 10, 2007
Madrid
Just flashed. Looks identical to JM2. I cannot try many things now (it's 2 AM here :)).

You may want to add that spanish carrier Movistar is also supported. Detected the SIM and connected. Calls working. Wifi working. GPS unknown, I'm not going outside to try it now...

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
You may want to add that spanish carrier Movistar is also supported. Detected the SIM and connected. Calls working.

Yes, CSC is not critical for the phone.
It just contains (possible) operator customizations, country specific operator infos (APN´s etc) and sets preferences like default language.

Identical to JM2?!
Turn off the phone and you´ll see a difference :D

bratfink

Feb 8, 2010
London
Improvments

I understand that some tweaks were put into one of the latest roms (forgotten the name) such as improved ram management and better battery life to name a few. Are this improvements also incoroprated into this rom? And would you be able to give a froyo release at the end of the month, i mean samsung should have deffinitly completed the rom by the last week of August if they want to test it and allow carries to mod it in time for end of september... right?

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Just flashed and there's definitely an improvement in apploading speed(running 15 apps doesn't result in a black screen anymore when launching new ones). This is without any lagfix applied(was running jm5 + oneclick 2-3). Gonna try the gps now!