Sky Go on Milestone 2

Search This thread

crazyteknohed

Apr 10, 2011
Hello forumites. I did have a thread on the dev forum regarding this but it got deleted (don't know why?) and had little - no - response. Here's hoping this thread bears more fruit... I mean, surely I'm not the only one trying to get this app running?

Bottom line in case you don't know is that you need to use this version of the app and use OTA Voodoo Rootkeeper to hide the root before using the app (Sky has blocked rooted phones from working).

Problem No. 2 seems to be that Sky checks for custom ROMs and kernels so it is very hit and miss as to which handsets will work. So far I have tested MIUI (unsuccessful), MS2Ginger 3.0 (successful but didn't like the ROM) and stock UK GB (via santi's Nandroid backup - unsuccessful). Some guy here has managed to get the app going on a stock ROM so I'm currently flashing the SBF via RSD Lite to see if I get any more joy.

Anyone else here had a go at getting Sky Go working? If so, which ROM are you rocking?

crazyteknohed

Apr 10, 2011
Managed to get it running by flashing a UK GB SBF but the stock ROM is god-awful. Anyone tried running it under CM9? I know that ICS isn't officially supported but I have heard reports of it working.

commanderaj

Jan 31, 2008
Spalding
Don't use the universal de-blur script because Sky Go doesn't work anymore, only news no sport, it thinks its rooted even with voodoo :-(