Jellybean vs Gingerbread

Search This thread

Shark_On_Land

Sep 17, 2011
San Jose, Cali
What are you thoughts on this?
Of course 4.2 is newer and better, but is it actually better on our phone in the real world. I feel that gingerbread on this phone was the best an there really wasn't anything smoother or faster FOR THIS DEVICE.

Is there anyone still out there that stopped at the last 2.3 build of Oxygen or Peter Alfonso?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: malick186

pandaman21

May 6, 2012
Could you link oxygen because the website is down now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

husen4u

Feb 17, 2012
Kuwait
According To Me JB Is Also Smooth. I Am Running JB It Works Great. No Lags Nothing. Big Games Like Modern Combat 4 & Dark Knight Rises Run Smoothly.

malick186

Jan 16, 2013
Karachi
Gingerbread Rocks For Nexus S

Well i will go for the gingerbread because in GB i get better benchmark than JB! :p

me currently Using MIUI GB 2.3.7 by brainmaster! with cm7 kernel! :fingers-crossed:

newdevo

Jul 7, 2012
What are you thoughts on this?
Of course 4.2 is newer and better, but is it actually better on our phone in the real world. I feel that gingerbread on this phone was the best an there really wasn't anything smoother or faster
FOR THIS DEVICE.

Is there anyone still out there that stopped at the last 2.3 build of Oxygen or Peter Alfonso?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

i don't agree with your statement that '4.2 is better' and that gb runs smoother or faster on this device only, i actually think that 2.3.x was the best android ever made and it all went downhill from there
show me one device where jb / ics works better than gb and i'll buy you a new car

Last edited:

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
U need to distinguish between speed and fluidity. GB browser is really, really bad, menus are complicated and UI is unpolished on *every* device. JB is maybe tad slower, but it is better in every aspect except battery consumption wise...

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dwielunski

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
I tried that oxygen rom, and that even without gapps. I got to say, after jelly bean 4.1.2 gingerbread is too slow and too ugly to use it. I rather have little smoother UI and nice looking rom more up to date than old, slow, sluggish, ugly rom. Also gingerbread doesnt have hw acceleration. There you have it.

Sent from SpeedMachine i9100

jayjay3333

Oct 15, 2011
Ontario
Just because I can listen to music on a Sony CD Walkman just as well as a MP3 player doesn't mean I should.

It worked just fine but it is older, clunkier and not as well developed as the player today. Tech moves forward, so should we.

Nuff said :idea:

:crybaby:

Reactions: anshumandash

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
Time to move on WP probably. HTC 8S is tingling my mind and is ridicoulosly cheap here because everyone wants android phone now:). 8S is very fluid and great battery life...

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts