[Q] Kernel with USB otg support

Search This thread

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
I use this kernel and has no mention of USB OTG support that i seen.however i use a Sony 16g micro USB Flash drive with Stickmount ,Root explorer and works really well

myhy4ypu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: amirsh77

Seadra

Aug 18, 2013
I use this kernel and has no mention of USB OTG support that i seen.however i use a Sony 16g micro USB Flash drive with Stickmount ,Root explorer and works really well

myhy4ypu.jpg

Franco doesnt mention featured on his thread, but i use franco and it supports otg very well.

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
I know that CM supports USB OTG by default without the need to flash another kernel or use stickmount app. And also it charges the phone when I connect my usb 3.0 HDD with additional power to the USB. But why can't other ROM developers implement this option?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Seadra

Aug 18, 2013
Not ever trying to talk bad but the reported bricks involved with the use of Franco kernel is enough for me to stick with what i use .glad it works for you

Using franco from last 3 months and i haven't seen a post with bricks.. But having a nexus and bricking it? :p ... Never had problems with franco and i think it's the most used kernel here at XDA..

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
This is all i plug in with no power source and no extra cable/wires.
Stickmount pro
Root explorer pro
Pro versions just foe the extras and supporting the devs

gu8y9e7u.jpg

Under the white cap is the micro USB

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Not ever trying to talk bad but the reported bricks involved with the use of Franco kernel is enough for me to stick with what i use .glad it works for you

I've read the entire Franco thread for both the N5&10 and never read of anyone bricking their phone due to that kernel.

I use rooted stock with Franco r34 on both my N5&10 and OTG works well with the aforementioned stickmount and USB OTG Helper.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I've read the entire Franco thread for both the N5&10 and never read of anyone bricking their phone due to that kernel.

That's because you can't brick with a kernel unless:

1) You flashed it wrong (disconnected power through flash or something)
2) You flashed the wrong kernel for your device and perhaps supplied too much voltage to hardware.

Reactions: amirsh77

Top Liked Posts