[Q] complete reformat and start over

Search This thread

aknisley

Jun 4, 2010
Keokuk
After several ROM installs and getting to bricking, I ended up with folders with names like "0" and "obb". Is there a way to reformat the internal storage and get back the beginning? Currently using KATKISS.
I wanted to put Ubuntu on but "failed" in TRWP when installing the zip.

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
After several ROM installs and getting to bricking, I ended up with folders with names like "0" and "obb". Is there a way to reformat the internal storage and get back the beginning? Currently using KATKISS.

0 is for internal storage
Obb is app data folder

we can format 0
but I will only delete data of apps
install different ROM.

press thanks if I helped you.

barkeater

Aug 15, 2014
Buffalo NY

why not just return to stock and begin again.

follow this: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-tf101-development/31919-frederuco-s-guide-flash-tf101-back-stock.html

keithspg

Aug 26, 2011

Well, I cannot, because I cannot flash TWRP. TO follow the recipe, It calls for TWRP and all I have is CWM. Try as I might, I cannot install TWRP. I tried via ZIP and also from blob. Nothing. As I write this, I am trying to go back to stock via CWM. It is taking a while, so it may work. As of now, I have been able to re-flash CM10_Nightly, but when I try ano other ROM, it boot loops. I may have really hosed it, now, though. We shall see. I am not averse to NVFlashing it , but have not yet found instructions to do that under Linux. I do not have a Windows computer and most of them call for it.

keithspg

Aug 26, 2011
In case it saves someone else's bacon, I thought I'd post my findings.
I rebooted into windows and tried the 'one click transformer root' tool. It runs and then tells me that it cannot deal with my tablet as it is not running ICS. I tried another one called which is supposed to return to stock called EasyFlasher 0.83. It acted like it installed the stock image, but did not do anything. It would always reboot to CWM.

In CWM., I could wipe and flash an image, but it would never boot. Just bootloop. I had CM10 on the tablet and am guessing that the install was not quite kosher. I could not install any other recovery image, either.

To solve it, I downloaded the blob tools
Blob Tools
I already had wheelie since I used the CM page to install it
CM10 install

I unpacked the image by first unzipping the zip from asus. IN it was a file called 'blob'. I then unpacked it:
Code:
./blobunpack latest/blob
it created 4 files called blob.APP, blob.EBT, blob.LNX and blob.SOS

We want the blob.SOS file. I put it in the wheelie directory and modified the commands I used to initially install the CWM recovery:
Code:
# ./wheelie -1 -o 0x300d8011 --bl bootloader.bin -c transformer.bct
Wheelie 0.1 - Preflight for nvflash.
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 androidroot.mobi
========================================

Using SBK type 1.
Using bootloader: 'bootloader.bin'.
Using BCT: 'transformer.bct'.
----------------------------------------

[=] Chip UID: 0x370018042607097
[=] RCM Version: 0x20001

[=] CPU Model: Tegra 2
[=] Secure Boot Key Set: Yes
[+] Sending BCT
Sending file: 100 %
[+] Sending ODMData 0x300D8011
[+] Sending bootloader...
Sending file: 100 %
[!] Done - your device should now be ready for nvflash
# ./nvflash -r --download 5 blob.SOS 
Nvflash started
[resume mode]
sending file: blob.SOS
\ 4284416/4284416 bytes sent
blob.SOS sent successfully
# ./nvflash -r --go
Nvflash started
[resume mode]

My zip file was in the root of the SD card, so it immediately reflashed itself after it rebooted. Finally!

Last edited:

keithspg

Aug 26, 2011
congrats!

Yeah, I have no experience with cwm or any other os other than Windows. Glad you got it sorted. Happy Holidays!

Like I said, though, I could not get it to do anything in Windows or Linux. I think it was a permissions problem or a directory structure which was incorrect. Regardless, this worked and i was able to root it using one click root. I was unable to flash the twrp recovery by the preferred method and had to first 'fix sdcard write permissions' from the twrp app. Then the app would not flash it. So i used dd via adb and got it. I have flashed katkiss and am trying it out. I feel as though i have been released from cwm/cm10 hell, finally.