[Q] Grand 2 Duos in Brazil: model number SM-G7102T (not G7102)

Search This thread

chicao

Mar 22, 2014
Hello from Brazil to Grand 2 owners and developers!

I've just bought a Grand 2 Duos smartphone, to replace my Grand Duos (GT-I9082L) because of a broken screen. After reading many XDA posts on this phone, I found out that my model number is not the same mentioned here: mine is SM-G7102T, not SM-G7102. I guess "T" stands for "TV", as it has a digital TV receiver, with antenna and builtin app (see photo/screenshots attached).

I would like to try rooting my phone, but it seems dangerous to install @balliboxer's prerooted ROM, because of the different model number. Is there any safe way to test it? TV is not important, root access would be much more useful. But I'm afraid of bricking my phone with the custom ROM.

As it's a newly released phone, I couldn't even find its stock ROM on samfirmware.com or samsung-updates.com. Is there any way to backup my current firmware, so that I can restore if needed?

Can I help XDA members to find out some technical details about this specific model, so that balliboxer and other developers can assure if the custom ROMs can work with it?

-> UPDATED - April 1st (not April Fools!!): CF-ROOT file made for SM-G7102 works with SM-G7102T! Check this thread (thanks, chainfire!):

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-grand-2/development/-t2698428

Thanks a lot!

Francisco Mogadouro da Cunha
Campinas - Sao Paulo - Brazil

Last edited:

gerardojunior

Dec 18, 2011
Friend. I bought SM-G7102T but it is impossible to use. Lock too. It is very difficult to make and receive calls. Until changed by another but the default continues. Your gran 2 also came with this defect?

rlfmeneses_

May 10, 2014
Root and call problems

I cant do the root and Im having trouble with calls (very slow with the contacts). Any solution?

JussaSP

Oct 14, 2014
Re:

1) Install KIES on your desktop;
2) Plug your Grand 2 Duos (SM-G7102T) via USB cable;
3) When KIES recognizes device and it's version (SM-G7102T), it will automatically update with new firmware version that fix this problem. (Problem: Very slow to answer calls and to made new calls also to view contact list).

Thanks;
Jussa.

rspaulo

May 4, 2011
Brasília
1) Install KIES on your desktop;
2) Plug your Grand 2 Duos (SM-G7102T) via USB cable;
3) When KIES recognizes device and it's version (SM-G7102T), it will automatically update with new firmware version that fix this problem. (Problem: Very slow to answer calls and to made new calls also to view contact list).

Thanks;
Jussa.
Just want a 4.4 rom, but thanks

Oct 26, 2008

I've just bought a Grand 2 Duos smartphone, to replace my Grand Duos (GT-I9082L) because of a broken screen. After reading many XDA posts on this phone, I found out that my model number is not the same mentioned here: mine is SM-G7102T, not SM-G7102. I guess "T" stands for "TV", as it has a digital TV receiver, with antenna and builtin app (see photo/screenshots attached).

I would like to try rooting my phone, but it seems dangerous to install @balliboxer's prerooted ROM, because of the different model number. Is there any safe way to test it? TV is not important, root access would be much more useful. But I'm afraid of bricking my phone with the custom ROM.

As it's a newly released phone, I couldn't even find its stock ROM on samfirmware.com or samsung-updates.com. Is there any way to backup my current firmware, so that I can restore if needed?

Can I help XDA members to find out some technical details about this specific model, so that balliboxer and other developers can assure if the custom ROMs can work with it?

-> UPDATED - April 1st (not April Fools!!): CF-ROOT file made for SM-G7102 works with SM-G7102T! Check this thread (thanks, chainfire!):

Thanks a lot!

Hi friend... I´m from Brazil too and I have a g7102t. When you rooted the phone, the TV stay works?
I have some issues on my smartphone. The battery is very hot and terminate so fast. The GPS is very slow to connect.
I need to upgrade to 4.4.4 or 5.0 (CM12). But I can´t lose TV function.
Can you help me?

chicao

Mar 22, 2014
Hi friend... I´m from Brazil too and I have a g7102t. When you rooted the phone, the TV stay works?
I have some issues on my smartphone. The battery is very hot and terminate so fast. The GPS is very slow to connect.
I need to upgrade to 4.4.4 or 5.0 (CM12). But I can´t lose TV function.
Can you help me?

Hi Thiago! I'll write in English, as the answer may be useful to people from other countries. I really don't know if there is GM-7102T in any other country, or if it's a Brazil-only version.

Everything works fine after rooting, including embedded TV. Unfortunately my phone broke some months ago, and I've changed to other model. So I think I can't help you with the other issues.

Francisco

Oct 26, 2008
I don't know anything about CM12 on G7102T. I've used only a rooted stock ROM.

I guess TV won't work, as it requires specific software. But you can try it and reinstall original ROM back if it doesn't work.

Dear Chicao,
Do you think that it´s possible do a backup of TV´s software (with Titanium Backup) and restore on CM12?
Regards,
Thiago.

Daved+

May 25, 2008
Dear Chicao,
Do you think that it´s possible do a backup of TV´s software (with Titanium Backup) and restore on CM12?
Regards,
Thiago.
The tv app uses a lot of libs and system files tb won't backup. I already did it.

We already lost the hope on getting an official update for the g7102, didn't we?

Sent from my Note3

coputer

Aug 4, 2017
I am have problem in Odin write failed... Can you help?

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1210)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> tz.mbn
<ID:0/004> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/004> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Erase)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!

I dont have permission for post picture or URL :(
Enviado de meu MI 5 usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks a lot!