[GUIDE] [Root] Lenovo A680 (ROW)

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, i've just purchased this new Lenovo A680 (ROW). I live in Malaysia.
    And its not all that original. Its probably one of those china made.

So here's how i got it rooted. You can also share how you got it rooted if you have any way other than mine.

Download rooting app -> http://www.mgyun.com/vroot
    (Yes its a chinese website and app. Who else to do it better than their own people right ? (No racism intended)
    There is an english version to this app, DON'T USE IT. Only the chinese version installs the Kinguser app needed (You'll know why later)
    Nope, i didn't download any drivers app.
    ON your phone, turn on USB Debugging. (Go to Settings->Developer options)
    If you don't see developer options, go to Settings->About Device-> and tap on Build number more than once
    Do NOT do this with the phone turned off.

Tested on Windows 7
    Device Lenovo A680 (ROW)
    Baseband A680.V13.P8, 2013/11/01 09:01
    Build number A680_S316_140108

1) Open the app on your computer, let it do its 'LOADING' and stuff
    2) Connect USB cable and let windows install the appropriate drivers.
    3) Once that's done, the app will show a small green box on the bottom right and it'll say 'connect'
    4) Click on that, and let the app do its magic.
    5) Once done, the phone will reboot and you can disconnect the USB cable now.

Once the phone reboots, you should see a new app in your phone named ' Kinguser'. This means the phone is now rooted.

Now for those who want to replace this app with SuperSu, go ahead and try installing it from the play store.
    Based on my experience, it doesn't update the binaries as its supposed to.
    So im using the app installed, and disabled all the other funny apps in the phone using Link2SD app.
    So far i haven't come upon a CWM or TWRP for this model.

Customizing the phone is up to you, and if you'd like to do so you might wanna check out Rom Toolbox from the play store by JRummy.

Now many people say VROOT takes your phones IMEI and uses it for their own use.
    I personally think that doesn't happen and this app just uses automated adb scripts and whatever.
    I use VROOT to root my Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, Lenovo A680, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Ace, and so much more.

Let me know if i've made a mistake here.
    Also if this helps you or not.
    PEACE !
    Hi there. Well as far as I'm concerned, there are none.
    No CWM/TWRP
    No custom ROM

And I can't really make one myself as not much of a developer myself. Maybe a hero will come to save us soon :'D

Sent from my GT-S7275R using XDA Free mobile app
    I found a cwm recovery for lenovo a680 but can someone test this? I dont have laptop atm so i down want to risk it. http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/4537-cwmtwrp-lenovo-a680-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9-%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8/ register first to download
    Edit: its working!! Flash with mobile uncle tool (Lenovo a680 512mb ram Chinese version)

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Can you show me a video tutorial for flashing stock rom ? i've done all the instruction to flash the phone, but still no luck to get the phone detected on the computer T.T

You need to install vcom driver. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ztm6QE_qiZc
    Lenovo installation of cwm and rooting

guys if you look for an authentic cwm ? you can download in my facebook group i created, i tested already the cwmyself, and it works, you can visit here this group Lenovo a680 official group- ctp
    D
    Deleted member 6222911
    Just use framaroot

Sent from my Lenovo A680_ROW using XDA Free mobile app