[ROM] [4.4.4/5.0.2] [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth - Hammerhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

IFLPI

Sep 18, 2010
Jeeez, im so annoyed because of the buggy lollipop google made. Im so frickin angry and waiting so much time to get the memory leak problem fixed. And now this... But I love the lollipop look at the same time.. Meeeeh. I dont know what to do. Maybe I would try Cataclysm..

Last edited:

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
Moto G Power (2021)
Jeeez, im so annoyed because of the buggy lollipop google made. Im so frickin angry and waiting so much time to get the memory leak problem fixed. And now this... But I love the lollipop look at the same time.. Meeeeh. I dont know what to do. Maybe I would try Cataclysm..

Buggy lollipop - lolol - it's just you man. Of course, running an incomplete rom just may have something to do with it.
Memory leak - lolol - it's just you're imagination. Haven't seen a memory leak in any rom I tried, and that's more than a few.
What to do - get an iPhone. If stuff like this annoys you you really shouldn't be here - seriously - it's really not worth the trouble.
Bleeding edge can come with bleeding ulcers - it's part of the game.

Reactions: piperx

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Buggy lollipop - lolol - it's just you man. Of course, running an incomplete rom just may have something to do with it.
Memory leak - lolol - it's just you're imagination. Haven't seen a memory leak in any rom I tried, and that's more than a few.
What to do - get an iPhone. If stuff like this annoys you you really shouldn't be here - seriously - it's really not worth the trouble.

Which build are you running because latest if you try to in stall an app that could be put on SD card it reboots of course we don't have SD card and you can't change it in the app settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
Moto G Power (2021)
Which build are you running because latest if you try to in stall an app that could be put on SD card it reboots of course we don't have SD card and you can't change it in the app settings.

I've followed liquid for a looooooong time.
There are times to run it, and times not to run it.
Now doesn't appear to be the time to run it, obviously, so I don't.
Nothing against liquid, but when things are in this stage of development, and you don't want problems ..... Well ....... Guess what.
Consider this part of the cycle that is liquid, and other roms. They always pull through, when that will be is up to the developers.
Good luck!

Reactions: eodchn

IFLPI

Sep 18, 2010
You are seriously wrong man. I was using LS 5.0.2 - memory leak - afrer 24 hours of heavy use the system was using about 700 MB ram instead of 300 MB just like after fresh system boot. The RAM was leaking and apps were killed (eg launcher) and system bacome slow... So I had to reboot it each 1-2 days to feel snappy.

I installed LS 5.1.1 - incomplete ROM you say, you are damn right, its pre pre alpha stage... For me unusable.

Now im using Cataclysm 5.1.1 to check and see, and its quite good so far. Its a beta, but hard rock stable, so im staying to see.

I dont want to criticise anybodys work, cause I liked LS very much so far. Im just very frustrated. I want a custom ROM based on newest 5.1.x which is as stable and bugless as possible. Its not a big thing.

Last edited:

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
Moto G Power (2021)
You are seriously wrong man. I was using LS 5.0.2 - memory leak - afrer 24 hours of heavy use the system was using about 700 MB ram instead of 300 MB just like after fresh system boot. The RAM was leaking and apps were killed (eg launcher) and system bacome slow... So I had to reboot it each 1-2 days to feel snappy.

I installed LS 5.1.1 - incomplete ROM you say, you are damn right, its pre pre alpha stage... For me unusable.

Now im using Cataclysm 5.1.1 to check and see, and its quite good so far. Its a beta, but hard rock stable, so im staying to see.

I dont want to criticise anybodys work, cause I liked LS very much so far. Im just very frustrated. I want a custom ROM based on newest 5.1.x which is as stable and bugless as possible. Its not a big thing.

Lol - if you think ram usage stays the same as it is after a reboot, I don't know what to tell you, except you need to learn how an os works, any os.
That's like computing 101. I learned that back in the 70s!
Best of luck with your memory leaks - you're gonna need it for sure!

PS - there are many many many more than stable 5.1.whatever roms out there. And I'm extremely confident liquid will be in that group. Shyte takes time. Of course, you can build your own. But when adding as many features as liquid has, I'm certain your frustration level will be a lot higher than it is now.
Again, it's part of the game. I would consider it a learning process.

Last edited:
Reactions: eodchn

IFLPI

Sep 18, 2010
If you think that there is no memory leak in the lollipop, I think there is nothing more to talk about ...

choudhary i

Apr 23, 2013
something is wrong

i tried 2 updates of lollipop 8 may and 6th may update in multi rom but got error something like "error executing updater binary in zip" how ever im able to flash kitkat verson plzz help:(

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
i tried 2 updates of lollipop 8 may and 6th may update in multi rom but got error something like "error executing updater binary in zip" how ever im able to flash kitkat verson plzz help:(

You need to update radio and Boot loader.
Their is a installing app problem it has not been fixed yet.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
u mean to say there is a problem in this rom or bootloader or radio...plzz justify

As wrote. You have to update bootloader and radio.

Yes their is a problem with ROM.

I have wrote this installing problem many times you should read on before you start flashing away.

choudhary i

Apr 23, 2013
again in latest update

As wrote. You have to update bootloader and radio.

Yes their is a problem with ROM.

I have wrote this installing problem many times you should read on before you start flashing away.

i updated it and was able to install 8-may update but 25-may update of liquid smooth is giving the same error tell me now what??????.....the error is saying error executing updater binary in zip '/temp/mr_update.zip' in multi rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    October 12, 2014

October 12, 2014

Hey Everyone!

Kernel Developer here:

I'm announcing a new Official Liquid Nightly today for you. @liquid0624 has been really busy so I stepped up to fill his really large shoes (no seriously these guys shoes are hard to fill) while he works on some of his other projects. Personally I've even been dragging my feet a bit lately because it has been a pain to keep Liquid N5 as an AOSP still due to the CAF Audio commits that keep being added. The list of reverts is growing but I feel strongly about keeping this AOSP because there are more kernel options for you. (Although I hope you enjoy the kernel that comes with this ROM)

Many have said my blood builds are faster than official. This may be because I use a different server. Regardless, I hope this new build will be to your liking! I built it all with the same optimizations as I do my blood builds.

Probably the main thing to look for in this build is full F2FS compatibility. That has been officially merged to N5 so regardless of whether you are using EXT4 or F2FS it should flash and boot just fine.

Enjoy!

Download Link

http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Nightly/Nexus_5/

Changelog

http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Nightly/Nexus_5/LS-KK-v3.2-2014-10-12-hammerhead.txt

Note the changelog since the last build is even longer than this one. This is only the past week maybe but it's been a while since the last official nightly update.
    Contextual headers was removed because it was causing instability and conflicting with theme chooser. Its not a crucial feature anyways. Also I worked very hard on this ROM so don't forget to show me some love below if you are able to of course :) Glad everyone likes the new build :)
    new hammerhead nightly...

07/04/14 Independence build now available here or using our updater

Download Nightly Build

Download Liquid Gapps

Hover & Pocket Mode
    These have been fixed now in this build

New Theme Engine
    Lots of bugfixes and patches have been added

Reset Battery Stats
    Option to wipe your battery stats has been added

Roboto Fonts
    New roboto fonts included from Android L preview

Google Camera
    This works with our current tool chain ask and you shall receive ;)

Bug fixes & Performance
    Lots of fixes and fixed memory leaks resulting in performance increases

Identity Icons
    This adds different avatars to contacts without pictures that are better then default

Liquid Settings
    All the advanced settings in main settings layouts have been redone and organized

See Through and Blur
    Located in lock screen style menu and if you enable these your lock screen wallpaper is overridden

Happy 4th of July Everyone Enjoy :)