[Q] Calendar Sync

Search This thread

gbossley

Jan 8, 2013
So, as heaps of you already know, Google has killed off Google Calendar Sync, as of 01.08.14 (that would be 1st August).

I find this pretty irritating - call me mean, but I resent that these people can play with us like this, but I guess it's their commercial prerogative. (Not exactly a goodwill winner though is it?)

From my research today there are a few apps available, but none are really free - examples include:

Sync2
gSyncit
DejaOffice (CompanionLink)
OutlookGoogleSync
AkrutoSync
OGGSync
SynqYa
Go Contact Sync Mod
Local Sync
Outlook4gmail

I'm about to test Local Sync

It seems like the going rate for anything worth a look is about $20.00AUD.

Is there anything worth a look that is truly free?

What experiences have you had with free / paid solutions?

Last edited:

imhawaii

Jan 24, 2007
So, as heaps of you already know, Google has killed off Google Calendar Sync, as of 01.08.14 (that would be 1st August).

I find this pretty irritating - call me mean, but I resent that these people can play with us like this, but I guess it's their commercial prerogative. (Not exactly a goodwill winner though is it?)

From my research today there are a few apps available, but none are really free - examples include:

Sync2
gSyncit
OutlookGoogleSync
AkrutoSync
OGGSync
SynqYa
Go Contact Sync Mod
Local Sync

Just found another one...

Calendar Sync for Outlook and Google Calendar

calendar-sync/index.html (I can't post urls...pppindia.com is the site)

Free and paid versions...

Reactions: gbossley

gbossley

Jan 8, 2013
Imhawaii - you joined in 2007 so took seven years to post for the first time, and got a Thanks straight up!!!:laugh:

I'll have a look at that website and explore that option too. First glance looks good - have you tested it or any other options?

imhawaii

Jan 24, 2007
Imhawaii - you joined in 2007 so took seven years to post for the first time, and got a Thanks straight up!!!:laugh:

I'll have a look at that website and explore that option too. First glance looks good - have you tested it or any other options?

Heh heh... yeah, i know... just mostly a browser for years - but this is a hot topic for me now.

I did test it out. It 'appeared' to work. I had a weird thing happen - some of the appts ended up at different times. I.e. a 10:00 appeared at 9:00. I'm not sure if it was my email client and how it connected to google. I was using eM Client for windows because it connects directly with google cal and contacts w/o a tool (Outlook 2013 didn't like my big mailboxes0. So, I'm still trying to figure out if it was something else.

On a positive note - It didn't screw things up too bad.... i was able to 'fix' some of the issues. However, I'm not ready to fully commit.

Here was my set up WorkPC(OL2010) > sync with tool from pppindia > gmail account > home pc(eM Client).

gbossley

Jan 8, 2013
LocalSync

I'm using this - I think the tool has potential, but it's all very manual, and the QR Code option doesn't seem to work for me - so based on how I've been using it (and it could be "operator error") I find it clunky.

You need to open the software on your PC, then open the app on the phone. Then hit the Sync button.

I'm looking for something that syncs automatically, and will pay if I have to. But as I said, I resent paying for something that really should be free!

gbossley

Jan 8, 2013
MyPhoneExplorer

Well I downloaded the Windows client for this app last night, and woke up to a PC with "BlockandSurf" to annoy me. I can't of course be 100% certain that the source was the MyPhoneExplorer download, but it's likely. Not the best start.

However, it looks like a comprehensive (Donate if you like) app. How much or if I donate will depend on further evaluation.

First syncs seemed effective.

Now to see if it runs in background effectively...

EDIT - Dev's response - to be fair I didn't notice the option to deselect the Adware option.

Hi Gordon

MyPhoneExplorer is free but i have to pay alot of bills regarding MyPhoneExplorer, because of this you will get a additional software offer in the software - you can easily disable the installation of the ad-ware tool with a click on "Decline". The donations helps alot, but its not enough to organize all tasks related MyPhoneExplorer. There are alot Freewares which do it this way. I am not fully happy with the ads, but its the only option to handle it.

Best regards FJ

Last edited:

imhawaii

Jan 24, 2007
pppindia

FYI,

Calendar Sync from pppindia is getting updates just about everyday. Looks like they are catching the bugs very quickly. One of the issues I mentioned above has been fixed.

akankshagaur

Aug 21, 2014
Pune
Try Calendar Sync +. Best replacement for Google Outlook Sync

Hi,

You can use Calendar Sync +. It is an open source utility, completely free. More features are being added with every release. You can also make suggestions to include a feature.
It syncs
- Outlook-> Google
- Google -> Outlook
- Outlook <-> Google (Bidirectional, with option to select master calendar)

Future plan includes contact and task sync.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sync2
    gSyncit
    OutlookGoogleSync
    AkrutoSync
    OGGSync
    SynqYa
    Go Contact Sync Mod
    Local Sync

Just found another one...

Calendar Sync for Outlook and Google Calendar

calendar-sync/index.html (I can't post urls...pppindia.com is the site)

Free and paid versions...
    MyPhoneExplorer is good for syncing calender and also contacts
    One more to add to the list

Another one to check out...

Outlook4gmail

19.99 for a license...