[OFFTOPIC] Did Google just give away a upcoming Nexus 3?

Search This thread

Mokurex

Nov 22, 2009
Bangkok
What's so surprising about that? You didn't think the nexus s is the last of the nexus line is it? lol

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
First of all, it wouldn't be "Nexus 3" because the numbers dont go: 1,3,4,5,6...
And yeah another Nexus device would come out not sure when.

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
lol, omg, rofl, lmao blah blah blah. Holy **** I can't get away from this crap. I just don't understand how grown men/women feel this crap is an acceptable way to converse with others.

OK, I'm in a really bad mood and you are the lucky winner of my wrath. My apologies.

EDIT: That was for you Mokurex, but again I do apologize for the rant.

Reactions: royalsego

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
Actually, Google already said there would be one. Like just said it. I don't really feel like going and finding the link but ya...this is far from interesting or new. Good job.

jonjon68

Jan 4, 2011
I just hope they come to their senses and move away from Samsung on their next flagship device.

Mokurex

Nov 22, 2009
Bangkok
lol, omg, rofl, lmao blah blah blah. Holy **** I can't get away from this crap. I just don't understand how grown men/women feel this crap is an acceptable way to converse with others.

OK, I'm in a really bad mood and you are the lucky winner of my wrath. My apologies.

1. I'm not exactly a grown men, please don't increase my age.
2. I don't take this stuff personally so no worries, we're cool :)

vapor311

Sep 2, 2010
Not going digging but a source from HTC was rumored/qouted for saying that Google was highly displeased with the nexus s at build. However the phone was set to release and had to ship. He had also said that talks were already under way for the next one to come back home. Something else to note was that Samsung damn near built the phone for free feeling that having the coo of the nexus under them would take them to another level.

IMO they failed in that aspect. I dig my nexus...but its a glorified captivate to me. They could have done much much more. I won't ever buy another Samsung mobile product.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
Not going digging but a source from HTC was rumored/qouted for saying that Google was highly displeased with the nexus s at build. However the phone was set to release and had to ship. He had also said that talks were already under way for the next one to come back home. Something else to note was that Samsung damn near built the phone for free feeling that having the coo of the nexus under them would take them to another level.

IMO they failed in that aspect. I dig my nexus...but its a glorified captivate to me. They could have done much much more. I won't ever buy another Samsung mobile product.

You are exactly right. Google was pissed because unlike the Nexus One which was built from the ground up to be the best, most powerful, most beautiful Android device to date, the Nexus S was really just a rebranded Galaxy S with a curved screen and a NFC chip.

SupaDupaFly24

Feb 7, 2008

Well someone is lying, either HTC or Google. Cause in the making of the Nexus S video, google said they worked closely with samsung on the design. So if they were displeased it was their own fault not samsung....

vapor311

Sep 2, 2010
Yea they worked closely in the shape design. The hardware is the failure.

Jonathon Grigg

Dec 11, 2010
I think it is almost a given that there will be another Nexus phone somewhere down the line, as for the timing who knows? I'd like to see it raising the bar like the original Nexus One when Honeycomb and Gingerbread get merged somehow for whatever version it is. Now that would a true Nexus One successor (not that there is anything wrong with the NS but it wasn't revolutionary more evolutionary) .

Just as a side note when I read the title I thought you meant a Galaxy 3 equivalent :/ like the small underpowered one... my bad ;) good laugh though!

Sarg92

Jun 7, 2010
Google have said that there will be a new "Google Experience" device with every major Android release. Eclair (2.1)/Froyo had the Nexus One, Gingerbread had the Nexus S and Honeycomb has the Xoom.

So expect a new Google device, most likely with Nexus branding, when the "I" version of Android is released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.