• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JGW310

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 20, 2010
St. Louis
Here is WiMax notifier, but updated to work more smoothly on your HTC EVO 4G!!!!
I AM AWARE THAT UPDATING TO 2.3 HAS BROKEN WIMAX NOTIFIER. I AM WORKING HARD ON THE RE WRITE AND I AM ALSO TRYING TO FIX THIS AS WELL. STAY TUNED!!!!!!!

PLEASE RATE THIS THREAD 5 STARS AND SUBSCRIBE TO IT AND VOTE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE!!!!

to be a beta tester, email me!!!!

If there are any bugs with it, please let me know!!!!
Installation Instructions
1. UNINSTALL your current version of WiMax Notifier
2. Download and install this version
3. TADAAAA!!!!

MOST RECENT UPDATE IS IN RED

I am re writing the ENTIRE APP from scratch, so stay tuned!!!! i WILL continue to release updates to this one, if an update is needed!!

This app modifies ONLY the right LED's behavior, and makes it blink when you have recieved SMS

Download link: V1.1.2 Sorry guys, it was a ride, so much fun, and i will miss it :(

Updated notifications support!!!!

A HAUUUUGGEEEEEE THANKS TO NOXIOUS NINJA FOR THE ORIGINAL WIMAX NOTIFIER APP!!!!!

COMING SOON---------- Updated UI and (hopefully) different light patterns!!!

Stay tuned!!

Release notes:
Added support for 2.3 GINGERBREAD!!!! :D YAY
Bug fixes
Donate button is borked

FAQ
Q. Does this app require root?
A. No.

Q. Is ____ feature supported?
A. Currently this app only handles SMS and MMS messages. Noxious Ninja and I plan to support incoming/missed calls, new voicemails, and GMail in future releases.

Q. What type of release is this app?
A. Unless otherwise noted, all versions posted here are final releases.

Q. Can I be a beta tester?
A. Maybe..... But you will have to wait til Noxious Ninja and I get to work on the totally revamped version!!

Q. Will this app drain my battery?
A. This app runs in the background via a Broadcast Receiver and only runs the service while the LED is on which therefore should not kill your battery.

Q. Can you support ____ rate or _____ color?
A. I am limited to what colors and rates are provided by the system.

Q. Are you using all of the available rates and colors?
A. Yes

Q. Will this work with my current SMS/MMS app and do I have to disable any notifications?
A. This app is designed to compliment, or work along side, your existing SMS/MMS app meaning that you should not have to disable anything in order for this app to work properly. It has been tested with the stock SMS/MMS app, Handcent, and Chomp.

Q. Do you have a Twitter account that I can follow to track your progress?
A. Yes, take a look at http://twitter.com/#!/jgw310

Q. How do I live test the SMS and MMS notifications to make sure they work correctly?
A. Simple - send yourself an e-mail to "[your 10-digit number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com" for SMS or "[your 10-digit number]@pm.sprint.com" for MMS

Q. Does the message service always run in the background?
A. No. It is started when a new message is received and killed when the message has been read.

Thanks to BluDragon742 for starting WiMax Notifier (and writing most of this FAQ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=746732

Attachments

• snap20110615_175441.jpg
    snap20110615_175441.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 740
  • snap20110615_175541.jpg
    snap20110615_175541.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
The one I am currently using has never FC'd. So nothing new really, so I can stay put.

fastfreddy7

Jun 28, 2010
Will this work with the leaked GB/Sense ROM?

I'm running Fresh 4.004 and just uninstalled the previous version I had, then installed this one, and its not working when I test it, although I haven't got a text yet. I'm assuming if the test function doesn't work though, an actual text wont matter.

djdisturbed

May 31, 2010
Graham, NC
I'm running Fresh 4.004 and just uninstalled the previous version I had, then installed this one, and its not working when I test it, although I haven't got a text yet. I'm assuming if the test function doesn't work though, an actual text wont matter.

seems to be working for me on the new fresh rom, but then again i'm running a custom kernel to fix mt 100% brightness bug so that may be the reason why

SpydaPig

Oct 26, 2010
Orlando
Works good for me. Try sending yourself a text to see if it works. That's what I did.

Sent From The Bat Phone

evohack99

Aug 1, 2010
This is built into cyanogen v7 pretty kool feature.

Sent from my netarchy_toast, froyo beast of a machine evo!

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
Doesnt seem to be working yet. Tried multiple test methods. Used the built in method in the software itself and also sent myself a text message. LED Still doesnt come on. I am running the rooted leak of Sense GB.2.3.3 with the stock kernal. Hardware 003

JGW310

Jun 20, 2010
St. Louis
LOL. This looks like a rip. This looks exactly like one of the previous versions that Noxious Ninja released before he decided to just make the new layout that's in his newest version.

OP, prove that this isn't his work and that you're not just trying to take credit for his work.

this IS an updated version of what Noxious Ninja is doing, I am just trying to make it even more stable than his version... i love what he is doing, and hope he continues to work on WiMax Notifier.

Included in my version, different from his, is that in mine it should work with ALL BFS kernels!!!!! while i personally do NOT reccomend BFS kernels, if thats the way you want to run your phone, more power to ya!!

I appreciate you watching out for other devs, it proves that there are some fair people in this world!!!

Reactions: astonman310

JGW310

Jun 20, 2010
St. Louis
Okay, so other than BFS support, what are some reasons to update to this version? I mean, the one I'm using now works most of the time. Don't have FCs, but it seems that the service stops running randomly. Is that fixed in yours? If so, I'll update my ROM with it.

For the most part i have noticed that it works about 97% of the time, and i really dont see random stops for the most part, i would probably reccomend updating to my version.... make sure you hit up V1.1.2, i just released it about 30 min ago!!!

the installation instructions are in the first post, but i can just tell you here to make sure you know that you HAVE to uninstall your current version, and THEN install this version, otherwise you will get an "installation failed"

Reactions: astonman310
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is WiMax notifier, but updated to work more smoothly on your HTC EVO 4G!!!!
    I AM AWARE THAT UPDATING TO 2.3 HAS BROKEN WIMAX NOTIFIER. I AM WORKING HARD ON THE RE WRITE AND I AM ALSO TRYING TO FIX THIS AS WELL. STAY TUNED!!!!!!!

PLEASE RATE THIS THREAD 5 STARS AND SUBSCRIBE TO IT AND VOTE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE!!!!

to be a beta tester, email me!!!!

If there are any bugs with it, please let me know!!!!
    Installation Instructions
    1. UNINSTALL your current version of WiMax Notifier
    2. Download and install this version
    3. TADAAAA!!!!

MOST RECENT UPDATE IS IN RED

I am re writing the ENTIRE APP from scratch, so stay tuned!!!! i WILL continue to release updates to this one, if an update is needed!!

This app modifies ONLY the right LED's behavior, and makes it blink when you have recieved SMS

Download link: V1.1.2 Sorry guys, it was a ride, so much fun, and i will miss it :(

Updated notifications support!!!!

A HAUUUUGGEEEEEE THANKS TO NOXIOUS NINJA FOR THE ORIGINAL WIMAX NOTIFIER APP!!!!!

COMING SOON---------- Updated UI and (hopefully) different light patterns!!!

Stay tuned!!

Release notes:
    Added support for 2.3 GINGERBREAD!!!! :D YAY
    Bug fixes
    Donate button is borked

FAQ
    Q. Does this app require root?
    A. No.

Q. Is ____ feature supported?
    A. Currently this app only handles SMS and MMS messages. Noxious Ninja and I plan to support incoming/missed calls, new voicemails, and GMail in future releases.

Q. What type of release is this app?
    A. Unless otherwise noted, all versions posted here are final releases.

Q. Can I be a beta tester?
    A. Maybe..... But you will have to wait til Noxious Ninja and I get to work on the totally revamped version!!

Q. Will this app drain my battery?
    A. This app runs in the background via a Broadcast Receiver and only runs the service while the LED is on which therefore should not kill your battery.

Q. Can you support ____ rate or _____ color?
    A. I am limited to what colors and rates are provided by the system.

Q. Are you using all of the available rates and colors?
    A. Yes

Q. Will this work with my current SMS/MMS app and do I have to disable any notifications?
    A. This app is designed to compliment, or work along side, your existing SMS/MMS app meaning that you should not have to disable anything in order for this app to work properly. It has been tested with the stock SMS/MMS app, Handcent, and Chomp.

Q. Do you have a Twitter account that I can follow to track your progress?
    A. Yes, take a look at http://twitter.com/#!/jgw310

Q. How do I live test the SMS and MMS notifications to make sure they work correctly?
    A. Simple - send yourself an e-mail to "[your 10-digit number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com" for SMS or "[your 10-digit number]@pm.sprint.com" for MMS

Q. Does the message service always run in the background?
    A. No. It is started when a new message is received and killed when the message has been read.

Thanks to BluDragon742 for starting WiMax Notifier (and writing most of this FAQ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=746732
    JGW310 << Thank you for keeping this project alive! :)

its my pleasure (along with ninja) so hit that thanks button!!
    Mmm. I'm pretty sure original version by ninja had that included...

Lol, it did.

We'll never see a new version. You honestly deserved the infraction you got for basically trying to steal this project and make a buck off of it. 14 year olds don't need to be trying to come here and make money. Be a bagger at a grocery store if you need money that bad.

Your thread title says 4/26/11. It doesn't take almost 2 months to do a simple app that does an echo command when a text message arrives. What I think is you're trying to get help from other people who aren't willing to help you and now you're stuck with making excuses about being busy and needing beta testers. Let me remind you. You're 14. Most people in the U.S. are on summer vacation from school. You're not old enough to have a job working more than 20 hours. So, I find it hard to believe you're too busy to work on a small Android app. I'm 21 and going to school full-time and I still found the time to create 61 versions of my ROM in about 8 months time. That's right. Sixty-one. I don't want your generic "I'm an XDA developer but, I'm busy, have a life, and you all don't pay me enough to do anything quickly" excuses.

You basically took NoxiousNinja's first release, branded your name on it, messed up some of the text and called it yours. His latest version works perfect for me on my latest ROM. I think if you're even going to think about improving this app, you should have started from the most recent version NoxiousNinja made.
    What was updated on it?

updated notifications support, no force quits... etc
    This is it

OK

so i just closed the thread

and 5 minutes later, re opened it.

lolz

so heres the deal guys, i dont have the time to devote to this project anymore, im sorry

If some dev wants to take this project over, shoot me a PM and i will help as much as i can

the problem is, i just cant stand to see this thread closed. Not after the hours i have put into it. And i know you guys can see what someone posted 3 or 4 up from here, and those words break my heart. Because, just because someone doesnt have the skill that you do, there is no need to be rude. I am a 14 year old who is juggling school, sports, family, and trying to learn as much about Android dev-ing as he can. So i write this to you from my new MacBook Pro, which i worked my ass off for, helping grandmaws and other people, $5 at a time.

I hope you take this post into consideration next time you are about to put someone down on XDA. Because that isnt what XDA is about. Just because you can hide behind the facade of your computer screen, doesnt mean you should say stuff you wouldnt say to my face.

So, this is it guys.

I'm not sure if i should close the thread or not, because, i really dont know anymore.

Just something to think about.