[Q] No 'FASTBOOT USB' HTC One Developer Edition

Search This thread

dkonkin

Jan 10, 2012
Calgary
I have searched for the last couple weeks with little success finding an answer.

Recently I tried to install boot.img using FASTBOOT but was unable to get FASTBOOT to go to FASTBOOT USB after connecting to MacBook Pro with USB.

To see if drivers were an issue I tried to do the same to my HTC One X (Evita) and had no problem getting FASTBOOT USB.

Both units have Android Debugging USB checked.

Both units are using CM11 ROM and latest TWRP recovery.

I had flashed, via TWRP, a Google Edition ROM but did not like it so installed my CM11 backup from TWRP

I tried a different USB cable

Am I missing something? One X does FASTBOOT USB and One does not?

Perhaps going to S-OFF but I think I need to be able to use FASTBOOT USB?!

Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Thanks

David

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
I have searched for the last couple weeks with little success finding an answer.

Recently I tried to install boot.img using FASTBOOT but was unable to get FASTBOOT to go to FASTBOOT USB after connecting to MacBook Pro with USB.

To see if drivers were an issue I tried to do the same to my HTC One X (Evita) and had no problem getting FASTBOOT USB.

I had flashed, via TWRP, a Google Edition ROM but did not like it so installed my CM11 backup from TWRP

Thanks

David

When the phone is in fastboot mode, try pressing the volume down key. For me, the volume down key gets it into Fastboot USB

dkonkin

Jan 10, 2012
Calgary

Thanks

David
I had tried that recommendation from another site with no luck! Thanks for responding.

With the little response to my query I am thinking more and more it is a hardware issue. Read something about a Kernel change but nothing definitive.

If I can get this rectified I will go to S-OFF immediately

Thanks again.

David

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
I had tried that recommendation from another site with no luck! Thanks for responding.

With the little response to my query I am thinking more and more it is a hardware issue. Read something about a Kernel change but nothing definitive.

Thanks again.

David

kernel shouldn't affect bootloader. maybe the phone's USB port has debris in it? try cleaning it, and also try different cables, USB ports.

Reactions: dkonkin

dkonkin

Jan 10, 2012
Calgary
I have tried the different cables. Works with Evita but not with the M7.

Cleaning the USB port is on the agenda but short of compressed air, which I was going to pick up today, I am not sure what else I can do!

Thanks

D

dkonkin

Jan 10, 2012
Calgary
No FASTBOOT USB or ADB 'Flashing Mauve screen!'

I have tried the different cables. Works with Evita but not with the M7.

Cleaning the USB port is on the agenda but short of compressed air, which I was going to pick up today, I am not sure what else I can do!

Thanks

D

Since my last post I tried to access device using ADB.

./adb devices did not give me the HTC One serial #. I had no problem getting serial # when I plugged in my One X.

Is there anything I am missing? I have compared the two with what is checked off in the DEVELOPER OPTIONS and both look to be the same.

Tried to connect HTC One to Mac using ANDROID FILE TRANSFER. Now I get a rapidly flashing pink/purple overlay occasionally?!?!

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks

David

dkonkin

Jan 10, 2012
Calgary
Since my last post I tried to access device using ADB.

./adb devices did not give me the HTC One serial #. I had no problem getting serial # when I plugged in my One X.

Is there anything I am missing? I have compared the two with what is checked off in the DEVELOPER OPTIONS and both look to be the same.

Tried to connect HTC One to Mac using ANDROID FILE TRANSFER. Now I get a rapidly flashing pink/purple overlay occasionally?!?!

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks

David
Oh yeah, and I was not able to connect to HTC One using Android file transfer!

Am now flashing another ROM to see if that will make any difference.

I will get some compressed air tomorrow. Perhaps there is some crud in the phones USB port preventing contact?

As always, I appreciate the support from all.
David

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks again.

David

kernel shouldn't affect bootloader. maybe the phone's USB port has debris in it? try cleaning it, and also try different cables, USB ports.