Storage always "Calculating"

Search This thread

zkibz

Jan 23, 2011
Hi,

This problem happened to me long time ago and I can't remember when this starts. When I go to Settings - > Storage -> All shows Calculating and nothing happened. It doesn't show the exact memory used.

Anyone can help me on this? I can't find solution :(

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
wipe cache from recovery if still there then clean install the rom if u dont wanna loose data use titanium backup or maybe it may b a bug in the rom u r using

zkibz

Jan 23, 2011
Does not work. Still the same. Install new ROM. Fresh install but still the same.

zkibz

Jan 23, 2011
Possibly a bug then. Try another app to check storage for now. Also contact the devs of the ROM (or check its thread) to see if others have the same bug.

This is the reply from the dev of my ROM

Mediascanner is started... it then reads all your storage to figure out what is apps, media, data, pictures etc etc...

If you have a large number of files or you have a "corrupt" media file somewhere (most likely a "bad" meta data tag)... mediascanner is likely freaking out and getting stuck...

Check the wakelocks/processes with BetterBatteryStats to confirm that it is mediascanner... if so. you'll need to try to isolate the "bad" media files and remove them or fix the meta data (most likely id3 tags in mp3s, but could be bad EXIF data in pictures)

Can you recommend app on how to fix this?

Reactions: immortalneo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Possibly a bug then. Try another app to check storage for now. Also contact the devs of the ROM (or check its thread) to see if others have the same bug.

This is the reply from the dev of my ROM

Mediascanner is started... it then reads all your storage to figure out what is apps, media, data, pictures etc etc...

If you have a large number of files or you have a "corrupt" media file somewhere (most likely a "bad" meta data tag)... mediascanner is likely freaking out and getting stuck...

Check the wakelocks/processes with BetterBatteryStats to confirm that it is mediascanner... if so. you'll need to try to isolate the "bad" media files and remove them or fix the meta data (most likely id3 tags in mp3s, but could be bad EXIF data in pictures)

Can you recommend app on how to fix this?