performance v50018 vs 20a

Search This thread

pauldemon

Jan 11, 2013
I installed the new official rom v50020a and are disappointed with performance especially in games. That performance was superior v18a. This rom seemed to me the most powerful than all roms, since the battery is emptied very quickly, especially in stand by. In AnTuTu benchmark 18a give almost 27,000 and v20a less than 24,000. In Real Racing 3 feel the difference. V50020a is final rom for OTA? Performance and battery worse than the first official rom. I think I'll go back to 4.2.2.

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I installed the new official rom v50020a and are disappointed with performance especially in games. That performance was superior v18a. This rom seemed to me the most powerful than all roms, since the battery is emptied very quickly, especially in stand by. In AnTuTu benchmark 18a give almost 27,000 and v20a less than 24,000. In Real Racing 3 feel the difference. V50020a is final rom for OTA? Performance and battery worse than the first official rom. I think I'll go back to 4.2.2.

If the v18a was superior, why not go back to it instead?

pauldemon

Jan 11, 2013
The problem is that the rom v18 of battery empties very quickly in standby. I have to install a custom rom based on v18 with another kernel.

pauldemon

Jan 11, 2013
I set the wi-fi to be turned off when the tablet is in stand by. It is among the settings after installing a new rom.

pauldemon

Jan 11, 2013
I overdid it a little with unloading the battery. Battery runs exactly I was wi-fi settings on standby.

spsantos

Dec 3, 2012
It rocks, just imagine your sanpy600 performs like an S4!!! Battery is much better, UI nicer and everything is smoother and better then before!!!
But just test it for yourself. I love this tablet and 4.4.2, thanks LG.

Did you notice any difference on the screen brightness, gamma values and 7 spots on the bottom?

NYCguy2020

Oct 21, 2010
NYC
The battery life is actually better,by nearly 2 hours. I have tested and ran it for 5 days, it's all about your settings. If you have the screen on 50% one day or 65% another day it's always going to fluctuate.

Theres no complaints about the battery life with 18 here, easily I get 2 hours more. Some days 4.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

The fix for Watching Amazon Prime is in a thread by, i believe it was Surviveland....

Make sure that you have UNinstalled the flash player installed in your device if you have one installed first and then install the hacked one for compatibility reason.

1) Download Dolphin Browser from the Play Store

[/B]You MUST have Dolphin Jetpack on in the settings to enjoy it.
As far as I have noticed, Dolphin Jetpack better solves the compatibility with flash player, such as crash issue & freeze issue in full screen.

2) Download the hacked flash player HERE: http://goo.gl/MuU9SU

If your device refused to install apk outside Google Play, you need to change your settings in your device (Settings> Securities> Unknown resources) to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

3) Make sure that the flash setting in Dolphin Browser (Click Menu>Settings>Web Content>Flash Player) is on.

The full thread is here:
http://goo.gl/1SuYCh

Unfortunately this guide doesn't work on 4.4.2. Tried on both my G Pad and my Nexus 5 and still no go.

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
Did you notice any difference on the screen brightness, gamma values and 7 spots on the bottom?

I too would like to know if they fixed the gamma. I'm hesitant to update because I already have things configured they way I like it. I'm thinking I'll hold out for a flashable zip just in case I have to downgrade.

spsantos

Dec 3, 2012
I too would like to know if they fixed the gamma. I'm hesitant to update because I already have things configured they way I like it. I'm thinking I'll hold out for a flashable zip just in case I have to downgrade.

What confuguration you have to like it? You have gamma corrected? Thanks.

NYCguy2020

Oct 21, 2010
NYC

Not sure about gamma as I never tested it. I can tell you that the brightness has been increased and overall the screen looks fine (to me anyways) :D