[Q] Avoid KK update

Search This thread

gappledroid

May 28, 2014
Hi, I recently got a Razr M with JB 4.12 98.18.94 stock ROM. Yesterday in the morning I recieved a prompt message to update to KK 182.46.10, but I dont want to take it because of all users complaining about the update so I click later to remember me in 12 hours. In the night I forgot to disable wifi and I saw it began to start downloading the update (0%), so I disabled wifi to stop it.

My questions are:

1. Can I reset the phone to factory no matter it starts to download the update? (Just to avoid the update and start all over again)

2. How do I know if it has the bootloader unlocked?

Thanks in advance

camdecoster

Jun 29, 2010
Hi, I recently got a Razr M with JB 4.12 98.18.94 stock ROM. Yesterday in the morning I recieved a prompt message to update to KK 182.46.10, but I dont want to take it because of all users complaining about the update so I click later to remember me in 12 hours. In the night I forgot to disable wifi and I saw it began to start downloading the update (0%), so I disabled wifi to stop it.

My questions are:

1. Can I reset the phone to factory no matter it starts to download the update? (Just to avoid the update and start all over again)

Thanks in advance

1. Yes. Downloading the update is not the same as installing the update. Your phone will just nag you every 12 hours about the update. Factory resetting at this point will remove the downloaded update, but it will eventually download again.

2. Turn your phone off, hold the volume up, volume down and power buttons all at once. Choose AP Fastboot by using the volume down button to move the cursor down and then the volume up button to select. If it says device locked, your bootloader is locked and there's nothing you can do to unlock it given the software version you're already using. Press the power button again to turn the device off. More information about this process is readily available elsewhere on this forum.

shromy

Apr 8, 2013

My questions are:

Thanks in advance

It shouldnt flash the update unless you tell it to, it will download it though.

Put the phone in fastboot mode and see if it says locked/unlocked. phone off, vol down+ power to enter

wraithlead

May 30, 2014
Other than doing a factory restore, is there a way to delete the downloaded update? I forgot to delay it this morning it downloaded, but hasn't installed yet.

I REALLY don't want to go to KitKat yet.

FringeNY

May 12, 2013
Downgrade

I would like to add a question. Is there already an instruction how to downgrade from KK to JB?