[Q] Apple Earpods compatibility

Search This thread

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Hello,
I want to simply ask, do the Apple Earpods work for this device? I surely don't care for the mic and the remote, just if the sound works because on some mobiles, the Apple Earpods sounds deformated and only when I press the button the sound is clear. And btw. I read on Google, that Sony devices with the JB update disables the third-party headphones being used, is that right? If yes, are there any fixes or custom made patches?

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Well I always use 3rd party earphones/headphones and I face no problems with them.

As for the apple earpods, I can't help you there as mine have worn out and dont even work properly with my iPod.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hello,
I want to simply ask, do the Apple Earpods work for this device? I surely don't care for the mic and the remote, just if the sound works because on some mobiles, the Apple Earpods sounds deformated and only when I press the button the sound is clear. And btw. I read on Google, that Sony devices with the JB update disables the third-party headphones being used, is that right? If yes, are there any fixes or custom made patches?

It should work fine (not sure about the mic though) :)

And yes, Sony devices with the JB update disables the third-party headphones being used

However, you can overcome that problem by removing the UnsupportedHeadsetNotifier.apk

Reactions: david19au

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague

And yes, Sony devices with the JB update disables the third-party headphones being used

However, you can overcome that problem by removing the UnsupportedHeadsetNotifier.apk
And how about the remote? That won't work because of the Apple "special" standard or?

Odesláno z mého PAP3400DUO pomocí Tapatalk

Well, I still have my first Android mobile, my Samsung Galaxy Mini (1) and the middle button worked there and it paused and played music for me

It didn't work for me on my Sony Xperia.

EDIT: Well the middle button used to work, but it would open some random apps like Google Search or ES File Explorer instead of Pause/Play.. :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,