[Q] HOX - possible overheating issue

Search This thread

CbIP

Apr 6, 2012
Moscow
Hi all!

Just got my new HOX a day ago. And after 2 full charges I flashed LeeDroid ROM.
But on both ROMs (stock and LeeDroid) my HOX overheats a lot, being loaded heavier than normal.
By a-heavier-than-normal load I understand: installing apps (5 apps, one by one), changing settings, browsing heavy web-site for 17-30 min.
The HOX heats to the temperature, that I can't apply it to my face to make a call.

This seems to be the only issue of my phone, and I wonder, did anybody face with the same problem? Is there any solution?

I've just installed Cool tool - it'll show me the battery temp.

Last edited:

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
Hi all!

Just got my new HOX a day ago. And after 2 full charges I flashed LeeDroid ROM.
But on both ROMs (stock and LeeDroid) my HOX overheats a lot, being loaded heavier than normal.
By a-heavier-than-normal load I understand: installing apps (5 apps, one by one), changing settings, browsing heavy web-site for 17-30 min.
The HOX heats to the temperature, that I can't apply it to my face to make a call.

This seems to be the only issue of my phone, and I wonder, did anybody face with the same problem? Is there any solution?

I've just installed Cool tool - it'll show me the battery temp.

So does your device get hot on the screen if you can't put it to your face?
My One X does get rather hot under heavy usage but it's the area around the camera on the back of the phone that can get quite hot, never the front.
It does sound like an overheating problem to me, especially if you can't physically make a phone call because of the heat :(

CbIP

Apr 6, 2012
Moscow
Actually, it overheats both on the whole surface of the screen and under the rear camera (I think, a CPU is located there). It's very uncomfortable to make calls using a hot phone near your ear...
Also, I looked through the thread, where HOX overheated up to ~53 C and HTC said, that is normal. But, I didn't play games - just downloaded programs and used HOX for browsing.

CbIP

Apr 6, 2012
Moscow
Thank you!

Today I tried browsing for ~20-30 min.
The temperature raised up to 39 C. It is normal for hand, but not comfortable for face/ear.

I hope, HTC will fix this, despite their statement (but don't know, if it is possible)...

Top Liked Posts