[APP] BandWidth - SpeedTest app

Search This thread

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Alright guys, as some of you may know I pushed out build 3.6 which was mainly to get feedback as to what these mysterious crashes are that some people are reporting. I've been getting LOTS of reports and am working on trying to make BandWidth as perfect as possible. I still am not sure of the exact source as to why some people cant load the app and many others can. My suspicions are that it's the silverlight toolkit and or a corruption of the application isolated storage (more than likely due from a faulty / finicky microsd card) causing the issues. I have come up with a remedy i believe should help many who are unable to run the program but because I cannot replicate the error at all i am unable to directly test.

For those of you who are having problems, can you do me a favor and uninstall the app and re-install it from the marketplace and see if it still crashes on load?

Please report here.

npoe

Jan 16, 2009
I just tested this application a moment ago; I saw it before in the market place but I didn't find it really appealing or worthy of trust until I saw this thread here in XDA.

I gave it a try and it's pretty good although for some reason I cannot get results over my cell phone network but honestly is an issue with my network not with the application.

Thanks for writing the app and I think that you need to work little on the tile.

sitizenx

Dec 18, 2007
So is this app still available? Getting my Lumia 900 tomorrow and I want to do a speed test in my area. Windowsphone.com doesn't seem to be cooperating. Is there are alternate place to get the app?

I

irlju

This is sad. BandWidth is a great app that still had room for improvement. It's a shame we won't see any further development :[

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
It's a sad story :( SpeedTest.net instead of offer cooperation to developer, just pushed him to remove app from mp... Strange people...

noelito

Mar 26, 2009
i was able to download it

when the wpcentral article came out but later in the evening, i am using a euro titan over here in san diego, ca.

however when i shared the application with other wp users they said they could not access it and i had just downloaded it MINUTES before, wonder if I was able to because of my unlocked euro titan was one of the last devices to download it?

nws86

Jan 23, 2008
You can still get it from the marketplace by going here and sending it to your device windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/bd5202c2-c401-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
I can't seem to install it on my Canadian Lumia 900. Marketplace can't find it and when I login from the computer when I try to install it it says "Can't get app. Something went wrong". Any suggestion?

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
I can't seem to install it on my Canadian Lumia 900. Marketplace can't find it and when I login from the computer when I try to install it it says "Can't get app. Something went wrong". Any suggestion?

It's been pulled from the market, and as far as I know there's no way to sideload to a lumia unless u dev unlock it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE**

BandWidth updated to build 3.0! Check later posts for pics!
    Here you go...

Obviously needs to be sideloaded now and no guarantee it won't be blocked soon...

Assuming it's OK to upload since it is free...