Franco or ElementalX Kernel?

Search This thread

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
I've heard a lot of good things about both, I'm just wondering which one is the more "popular" one to say. I've been using ElementalX for a month now, and it works pretty good overclocked to 1.8Ghz.

I don't really use touchwake that much, so it's not a deal breaker. Since I hear a lot about Franco, what's so good about it?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Michele2

Nov 4, 2013
Manfredonia
I suggest Franco or faux123 kernel, I use faux123 at the moment and it works perfectly :) :)

Sent from my Nexus 7.2 using xda app-developers app

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I've heard a lot of good things about both, I'm just wondering which one is the more "popular" one to say. I've been using ElementalX for a month now, and it works pretty good overclocked to 1.8Ghz.

I don't really use touchwake that much, so it's not a deal breaker. Since I hear a lot about Franco, what's so good about it?

Sent from my Nexus 7

They are both great kernels made by respected devs. I use ElementalX but I suggest to give them each a try and see for yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
I tried Franco and thought it was slower than ElementalX. Have it over clocked slightly more at 1.8Ghz, but I don't think it makes the difference. ElementalX has made me happy, so I'll keep it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Mysterion1

Feb 9, 2013
At the moment ElementalX is the best kernel and I can recommend using it because of it's great stability, performance and variety of customisations.

jaimenavidad

Jan 1, 2014
San Salvador
Does anyone know if there are known issues that are causing bootloops? I have a 2013 N7 running on CM 10.2 and I flashed both Glitch and ElementalX kernels and both gave me bootloops

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Does anyone know if there are known issues that are causing bootloops? I have a 2013 N7 running on CM 10.2 and I flashed both Glitch and ElementalX kernels and both gave me bootloops

You want to make sure you are using the proper kernel. The most recent ones are for 4.4.2 but you're running 4.3 JB. Other than that, make sure your ROM is AOSP based and it should work. This is not withstanding some CM 11 builds.

jaimenavidad

Jan 1, 2014
San Salvador
You want to make sure you are using the proper kernel. The most recent ones are for 4.4.2 but you're running 4.3 JB. Other than that, make sure your ROM is AOSP based and it should work. This is not withstanding some CM 11 builds.

Thanks for the answer. I also tried Franco kernel and I was able to get the lock screen but all the colors seemed to be negative. Perhaps is a GPU issue. I get a totally cyan screen when the CM Boot animation appears. Also with Franco kernel it said: com.phone.android has stopped, I wasn't able to get out of the lock screen. Ill try with another ROM like AOKP, Carbon, Omni or PA

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
Are both of these kernels compactor with CM11.

I used to use Franco kernel exclusively on my N4, but the CM team changed something (related to colour?) that made it incompatible.

Also, do they both support usb-otg so I can mount my USB stick?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4