Just bought a rooted HTC One and have a few questions

Search This thread

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
What's up everyone. I had a stock One but needed to get my crackflash on so I bought a rooted One online.

So here are my questions 1) how can I tell what recovery is installed 2) how can i tell if the bootloader is unlocked?

And before you ask, I bought it third party so I wasn't able to get the info from the seller.

Thanks

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Boot to hboot to see if the bootloader is unlocked. With the phone off hold vol down and power at the same time, untill a white screen appears (hboot). It will say at the top either locked, unlocked, or relocked. Then from hboot scroll down to recovery and select it with the power button. Once in recovery it wil say at the top which one it is and what version.

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
Thanks so much! Any suggestion on which recovery to use? I've read pros and con's of each. I'll prolly flash Vipers ROM.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
That's what I'm used to. Can I just flash it in recovery or would I need to adb it over? I think the last time I had a rooted phone I flashed twrp via ROM manager

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
You could also use Root Recovery Tools - Flasher from the market as well. If you have a usb-otg adapter you can also flash it thru hboot as a PN07IMG.zip. And you can also flash it thru fastboot RUU mode.

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I had a quick question- what's the difference between doing an RUU and just flashing the stock OTA rom?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
An ota updates not only the rom, but also all the other system images (bootloader, radio, recovery, and many other behind the scenes partitions.) Also obviously the ruu will not be pre rooted like the rom.

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
Got the phone today and the bootloader is unlocked. It has Clockwork installed. Its not the latest, any real reason to upgrade it?

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Sometimes current ROMs can have issues in flashing on older recoveries. I have had zero issues with twrp. While with cwm on my bolt all my backups got corrupted. I have tried cwm just to see how it is coming but like said it takes forever to do a backup. I just wish we could get the 4ext recovery. That was one recovery that in my eyes blew even twrp away. Twrp will never let you down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HypostaticOnion

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
I just did a backup with the CWM that was installed, it was only one version behind, and the backup is only 38mb?? I know that backups are usually 1 gb or so. I'm guessing I'll be flashing TWRP later on today.

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
Haha yeah. I flashed twrp and the backup was about 1gb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the phone today and the bootloader is unlocked. It has Clockwork installed. Its not the latest, any real reason to upgrade it?

I would just recommend switching to TWRP though, CWM seems to give people issues sometimes
    Sometimes current ROMs can have issues in flashing on older recoveries. I have had zero issues with twrp. While with cwm on my bolt all my backups got corrupted. I have tried cwm just to see how it is coming but like said it takes forever to do a backup. I just wish we could get the 4ext recovery. That was one recovery that in my eyes blew even twrp away. Twrp will never let you down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk