[Q] Few problems on my Milestone 2, please help

Search This thread

pscolka.vaclav

Feb 16, 2011
Hi, I'm new here, I searched a lot through this forum, but no result. My problems:

1) When I'm typing on hw qwerty keyboard, it very often types double (sometimes even triple) letter, some letters doesn't work at all time-by-time (mostly "l" and space key). Its really annoying when you wanna type on hw qwerty (much more comfortable then sw keyboard for me)... Is here anyone with same problem or with solution?

2) Everyone knows that notification color LED light at the top-right corner , but mine has a software bug or something. After buying the phone, everything was good, but after few weeks, this led starts lighting blue (even not blinking, just keep lighting).. When I press power button (phone goes to standby) this LED's intensity goes lower, but when I wake phone up, LED starts lighting blue more intensively (like you have 4 levels of intensity: 0-no lightening, 1-the one in stand-by, 2-when the screen is on, 3-same intensity as blinking when new msg or so).. I tried to restore phone, but same as before - at the beginning no problem and after few weeks, blue led light is back.. I even tried turn off, pull the battery, get it back, but in the moment I pressed the power button, the blue LED starts lighting again.. I tried even one app which can set the color of LED (Blink?) but no help.. Then I thought that I have some app installed which doing this, but I didn't find anything.. Please help me with this if anyone can..

3) I noticed that in my phone are installed few apps which I'm really not using at all and even some of them are not in drawer.. These apps are in phone since I unpacked the phone, it is:
- News, Weather and News, ESMusica, HipHopOfficial, RevolverTV, Rock On Altitude, TrueCountry
Will some of the root apps and then just uninstall those useful apps help me?

Sorry for this long thread, but I didn't know how to write it, to make it understandable. Thanks a lot for your help..

Last edited:

DeadSix17

Dec 22, 2010
Hamburg
www.dead6.eu
To your LED problem.. if a flash doesnt fix it.. nor a Reset.. i would mail the support.. and send it to repair.. since the updates are very very slow on motorola...

And your Spam apps.. well those can be removed by Titanium backup and freezing them (See: Freeze Motoblur and Other apps) Or you can use root explorer find the right APK's and remove them fully of your device.. (Works via Shell as well by using "RM" to remove files..) (you need root though isnt hard to get via z4root or even step for step root like i did)

Reactions: pscolka.vaclav

pscolka.vaclav

Feb 16, 2011
thx

thanks a lot :).. I rooted my M2 and freeze those apps..

then I downloaded root explorer and made some digging through the phone root files/folder, now here is my question: when you go to /sys/class/leds there are some files, included the "blue" file.. it has no extension and I can't copy it to SD.. I'm worried to delete it, when have no backup of it.. also there is in folder /sys/devices/system/leds/leds0/ file "event" which might be useful to.. but I wanna ask, might this (delete/edit these files) solve my problems with the LED light ???

and still don't know what to do with the keyboard :confused:

DeadSix17

Dec 22, 2010
Hamburg
www.dead6.eu
I think the Keyboard problem is serious and will be fixed at some point.. Also Try turning off every keyboard setting like: "Auto add spaces" "Auto capitals" and those.. maybe that helps ive seen it on another post

to your LED problem.. i never touched the files you talked about.. i wouldnt delete them. . first copy them to some place .. and look what they are .. maybe even google the name of it. some are stock files and similiar to other phones!

Well i just touched them now :p... anyway they seem to be not accessable i dont know.. "cd: can't cd to /sys/class/leds/blue/brightness/" nor can i copy them or even CAT them.. it just cant be accessed... (i tryed the devices one aswell)

seem to be placeholders or something that the kernel access's .. i guess... im not that pro on this.. all i can do is c++ and thats not even close to this .. on Linux Kernels and Linux system i only have basic skills.. i only work on Windows NT

Last edited:

pscolka.vaclav

Feb 16, 2011
I tried it too, but same result.. in emulator I typed cmd but permission is denied.. in file manager it can'n be deleted.. I guess the only thing I can do right now is wait till gingerbread for M2 will be released (also for keyboard issue).. thanks a lot for your help ;-)

Sent from my Milestone2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To your LED problem.. if a flash doesnt fix it.. nor a Reset.. i would mail the support.. and send it to repair.. since the updates are very very slow on motorola...

And your Spam apps.. well those can be removed by Titanium backup and freezing them (See: Freeze Motoblur and Other apps) Or you can use root explorer find the right APK's and remove them fully of your device.. (Works via Shell as well by using "RM" to remove files..) (you need root though isnt hard to get via z4root or even step for step root like i did)