[APP] CloudMuzik - Google Music Player v1.5 Update in Marketplace

Search This thread

luckydog98

Mar 20, 2011
Hi,

I've just decided to start using this app but it continues to crash on we during login. I do have version 1.1 which states it is fixed. I'm just curious if you have any ideas for me? Thanks for the work and support!

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Hi,

I've just decided to start using this app but it continues to crash on we during login. I do have version 1.1 which states it is fixed. I'm just curious if you have any ideas for me? Thanks for the work and support!

Is it crashing while it says Logging in or when it says Loading Library? If it crashes at Loading Library, is it immediate or after some time? I would recommend doing a reboot and trying it again or also uninstalling/reinstalling.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Reactions: luckydog98

luckydog98

Mar 20, 2011
Is it crashing while it says Logging in or when it says Loading Library? If it crashes at Loading Library, is it immediate or after some time? I would recommend doing a reboot and trying it again or also uninstalling/reinstalling.

It is doing it during both instances. I just went ahead and tried your suggestions but none of them worked.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
All,

As usual I am waiting on our lovely App Hub to test the new version so I can get it out to the users. I hope everyone has liked this app so far since it has changed significantly since the beta back in October. With that said, send an email to jeremy@simclairinat0r.com with suggestions for improvements, new functionality, or even some feedback.

Thanks for all who have supported the app

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
All,

The v1.2 passed certification so give it about 24 hours to fully propogate out to the MarketPlace. Sometimes if you go to the app within a few hours, it will give an Update Now. Check it out!

AdamBlue

Sep 20, 2006
Bedford, Tx
This new update has been great. I can transition between calls and bluetooth devices with little hiccup. It does restart the track, but that's good enough. Though, one time it started playing the track I would be on if I didn't take the call, then quickly went back to the track I was on. That is interesting.

But, if I try to pull down the latest, all my music disappears. Logging in doesn't work unless I restart. But I can't complain; this latest version is very fast and stable when doing things like texting, making calls, and using bluetooth devices.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
This new update has been great. I can transition between calls and bluetooth devices with little hiccup. It does restart the track, but that's good enough. Though, one time it started playing the track I would be on if I didn't take the call, then quickly went back to the track I was on. That is interesting.

But, if I try to pull down the latest, all my music disappears. Logging in doesn't work unless I restart. But I can't complain; this latest version is very fast and stable when doing things like texting, making calls, and using bluetooth devices.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to look into the Get Latest and the Reinitialize Library functions and see if I can get a stable solution for it. I have some ideas on how to make it work (since Google keeps changing stuff). I'll do what ever I can to make sure this app leaves a great user experience. I'm going to add some features to send diagnostic logs in the next version so I can get a handle on the common bugs that others are experiencing.

Dbeattie

Feb 11, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Not sure if this makes sense:
" Payments are usually between 5 and 15th of the second month after a quarter ends."

And I think that applies, once the threshold has been met.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Not sure if this makes sense:

" Payments are usually between 5 and 15th of the second month after a quarter ends."

And I think that applies, once the threshold has been met.

You've given more information than app hub support did lol. They just told me it would be 30 days after they were.able to retrieve all of the payments.

Dbeattie

Feb 11, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I created a submission when I changed my description, the formatting got messed up and I changed a few words. It was sitting there for a few days because it still has to be certified even if you change a description. Well, not the submission has vanished. It's really strange, no certification failed or anything like that, it didn't go through because the wording didn't change, it's just gone, wtf.

edit: oh, I got an invite for early access to the win8 store and asked to port my app so I said I'd look in to it. Yeah, with no SQLCE, that's going to be a problem. Hopefully it gets added or that's a big wtf.

Last edited:

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
I created a submission when I changed my description, the formatting got messed up and I changed a few words. It was sitting there for a few days because it still has to be certified even if you change a description. Well, not the submission has vanished. It's really strange, no certification failed or anything like that, it didn't go through because the wording didn't change, it's just gone, wtf.

edit: oh, I got an invite for early access to the win8 store and asked to port my app so I said I'd look in to it. Yeah, with no SQLCE, that's going to be a problem. Hopefully it gets added or that's a big wtf.

Ouch vanishing submission? That sucks! I made the mistake of accidentally clicking Edit Details which I found out later AUTOMATICALLY kicks off a MetaData Update regardless if you changed any text or not. Oh and this happened after my FIRST submission too so this is why it took like a month for v1.1 to come out. The Metadata update got stuck in some stale status for 5 days so they cancelled it and let me do it again... THIS time, I found out that my app had a bug that I needed a crucial update for so they cancelled it and said I should be able to post an update.. WRONG, it cancelled the metadata update so I had to do another metadata update. Painful.

NO SQLCE??? NOPE that's a big fail. They need to get that quickly!

Dbeattie

Feb 11, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Ouch vanishing submission? That sucks! I made the mistake of accidentally clicking Edit Details which I found out later AUTOMATICALLY kicks off a MetaData Update regardless if you changed any text or not. Oh and this happened after my FIRST submission too so this is why it took like a month for v1.1 to come out. The Metadata update got stuck in some stale status for 5 days so they cancelled it and let me do it again... THIS time, I found out that my app had a bug that I needed a crucial update for so they cancelled it and said I should be able to post an update.. WRONG, it cancelled the metadata update so I had to do another metadata update. Painful.

NO SQLCE??? NOPE that's a big fail. They need to get that quickly!

Yeah, a db is sort of important, at least, I thought so. It's probably not asyc-a-fied yet.

nwskipro

Jan 24, 2008
Any chance to get auto-playlists added to the app?!

Also, resuming where the song left off would be great as well (as opposed to the song starting over after going out of the app for a little)

Dbeattie

Feb 11, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Any chance to get auto-playlists added to the app?!

Also, resuming where the song left off would be great as well (as opposed to the song starting over after going out of the app for a little)

The problem is, if you're streaming it and you pause it for a certain amount of time, I can't remember how long, the link google returns for streaming expires. One would have to save off the position, request the song again, and fast forward to the old position. That would be cool though.

nwskipro

Jan 24, 2008
Gotcha, good to know, thanks!

I am still hoping for the "autoplaylist" feature to be added, if possible!

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Gotcha, good to know, thanks!

I am still hoping for the "autoplaylist" feature to be added, if possible!

Autoplaylist and playlist editing will be in the next version. In terms of pausing and playing late, it will keep the position for a long time until the background audio either runs garbage collection on itself or you plugin/unplug headphones. I've seem it happen a few times when unplugging and pluggin headphones and un pausing.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Everyone,

I've been working to add new features while trying to tweak others. I hope to have v1.3 ready to push by Tuesday at the latest.

Wish me luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

CloudMuzik.

EDIT: 6/21/2013

Hard to believe it's been over a year since I've put this app out into the marketplace. NOW... I present to you.. v1.5! Those of you still using the app should have received an update, if not.. Go to the marketplace and grab it!

EDIT: 6/3/2012

CloudMuzik v1.2 is in the Marketplace. As of today it will still be propogating, but by the next day it should fully be out so look for the update notification.

EDIT: 4/13/2012

After running into some issues with pushing the update, it's finally here! For those who have the crashing first version, go to the Marketplace and update manually if you haven't received the update Notification

EDIT: 3/17/12

FINALLY we're in the Marketplace. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to testing this application. It's come a long way since the initial beta.

CloudMuzik

EDIT: 12/21/11

The slots are now closed so that I can focus on fixing things and preparation. Thanks for testing!

EDIT: 12/13/11

More private slots have opened up. Feel free to PM!

EDIT: 12/5/11

Fixed the glitch I found which means the new beta build is coming VERY soon! Sorry it's taking a while.. I had to restructure my whole data structure to truly support 15000+ song libraries. Caching the library is a pain, but is needed. More updates coming soon.

I want to thank everyone who has supported this project again. I will do my best not to let you guys down!

[/CODE]
    CloudMuzik is a Google Music player made to work specifically for WP7 phones. I got tired of trying to listen to Google Music through the browser since the interface is ugly and it doesn't know how to switch to different tracks while locked.

I want to give a big thanks to Marvin_S and sensboston

If it wasn't for them, I would be adding unnecessary complexity :).

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

PS: Check out our MetroBrowser Beta - Browser with FLV Support
    good work so far, but will it appear in marketplace or do i have to jailbreak my omnia 7?

It will be homebrew for the beta and will hut the marketplace when everything is all completed

Good job, i love google music and love to use it on the htc radar cause of its superb sound quality. But there are some major issues wich prevent me to use it regularly:

i know there is a limit of 1000 songs, but why are they chosen randomly? i have more than 4000, but would like to choose which artists are visible in the app. Like it is now, you can't be sure to have access to your favourite artists.

good to read graphics will be improved. but right now, layout is wasting a lot of space, especially on top and on bottom of the screen.

when i connect to google music the first time i have to hit play on a couple of songs before i can hear anything. later on everything works flawlessly.

i'm really looking forward for final release. when next beta is available i'll publish an article and i will try to record pc screen to show the app in running in an emulator.

Yeah those are a few issues ive been working out in terms of initial playback and such. As for the random assortment of songs, that's due to the way google stores the data on the music. I've only limited the music for the sake pf beta testing. The full paid release (which i will only make 99cents) will feature all songs, support for playlists, and song caching. I will also release a free version with limited functionality. With that sad, i am working hard to make this a great experience. I actually used the app in my car on the way home with the new build i am almost finished with and the playback was smooth. =).

Hello everyone,

Coming 10/28/11 is the beta of CloudMuzik.

CloudMuzik is a Google Music player made to work specifically for WP7 phones. I got tired of trying to listen to Google Music through the browser since the interface is ugly and it doesn't know how to switch to different tracks while locked.

Features for CloudMuzik Beta

• Max 1000 songs
    • Search for individual song, artist or album
    • Album Art accompanied with song if it exists
    • Seeking through songs
    • Shuffling (Everyday I'm shuffling xD)
    • Background Music aware

There also MAY be future functionality to stream music from other sources, but that can't be guaranteed.

With this said, my good friend Marvin_S will be handling the music playing interface in the end. The first beta interface will not be the final one.

I want to give a big thanks to Marvin_S and sensboston
    If it wasn't for them, I would be adding unnecessary complexity :).

NOTE:

I will edit this post to indicate when the beta is ready. It will be on a per request basis as we will need time to work out issues that may arise and prepare for the Marketplace.

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

PS: Check out our MetroBrowser Beta - Browser with FLV Support

Thats great! its the only app i miss on my titan, i have my entire music library on there.
    I'm waiting for the App Hub on this. I've submitted my pure WP8 version and it was "published" 12/6, but due to an "error on the back end system", it's not appearing in the Store. The crappy part is that I am almost done with the update to that update. Whenever I FINALLY hear back from the App Hub support tech, I'll know what is going on. I think what I'm going to do is just make another app and name it CloudMuzik8 (which will also be the name of the WinRT/Win8 version that will be coming out at some point ;)) and then see if I can set the 7.5 version to show only on the WP7 Market. I'll see if this is possible and if it is then that will be the road I take for this. .

More updates to come soon.

UPDATE: The App Hub's "workaround" is out and 1.2.1.3 exists in the marketplace. The only thing though is that something screwed up (could've been an error on my part) and it's only set to work with WVGA screens (Lumia 820/822 is the only WP8 model out right now that fits that). I have gone through and made sure that everything is set for all phones to work with 1.2.1.4 (which has been submitted).

More updates coming *_*