[Q] Interrupted odin flash broke the USB

Search This thread

jko76

Jun 20, 2013
Helsinki
Hi

A power failure on the laptop interrupted my kernel flash.
I can get back to Download Mode, but Odin cannot recognize the phone anymore.

I can see also that the USB driver installation fails due to an error sent from device.
Anyway to recover from this situation ?

Thank you

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Hi

I can see also that the USB driver installation fails due to an error sent from device.

Thank you

Maybe the kernel did flash a recovery, so can you get to it?
Re-installing kies, don't forget to close kies before using odin. (don't think it has something to do with this problem but you can always try)

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Do an advanced search on the member @Hopper8 and search for his Odin troubleshooting thread. Follow all the instructions there...... and in the mean time, DO NOT go anywhere PIT files no matter what anybody else may tell you.....bad pit flash = chuck the phone away.....

This might be my S2 or it might be my W, but it's definitely CM...

Reactions: MistahBungle

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
Hi

Thank you

That's not a s2 issue, but a USB PC issue. Repair your PC USB ports or try in a different PC. If same happen in all PCs then it is a s2 issue.

jko76

Jun 20, 2013
Helsinki
Maybe the kernel did flash a recovery, so can you get to it?
Re-installing kies, don't forget to close kies before using odin. (don't think it has something to do with this problem but you can always try)

I have not tried to get to recovery. I was thinking it does not help since I cannot install the USB drivers for the device ?
I have never installed/used kies.

Thanks

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
The USB HW is ok. Same issue with five different Windows7 computers.

Try a different data cable. If it doesn't work, take it to technical service. Anyway, be sure, because you're issue would be the first similar issue in the world i have read.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
The S2 forum is littered with "my phone won't connect to/isn't recognised by my PC". It's a fairly common problem. 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be a USB port problem. I've lost count of the number of these threads I've commented in, so I wrote a guide on how to easily/cheaply replace the port/board assembly.........

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2335961

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
The S2 forum is littered with "my phone won't connect to/isn't recognised by my PC". It's a fairly common problem. 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be a USB port problem. I've lost count of the number of these threads I've commented in, so I wrote a guide on how to easily/cheaply replace the port/board assembly.........

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2335961

Before asume it is a usb board damage, he should discard a cable damage by trying a different Samsung or not Samsung usb data cable...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do an advanced search on the member @Hopper8 and search for his Odin troubleshooting thread. Follow all the instructions there...... and in the mean time, DO NOT go anywhere PIT files no matter what anybody else may tell you.....bad pit flash = chuck the phone away.....