The GameKlip™

Search This thread

kronium

Jun 29, 2007
Ewa Beach
If the felt ever falls off, I'm going to dip the contact points in that rubber stuff they use to coat metal tools. They sell it at Home Depot.

flawedlegacy

Feb 8, 2010
StL MO -USA
If the felt ever falls off, I'm going to dip the contact points in that rubber stuff they use to coat metal tools. They sell it at Home Depot.

they also have it in spray can form fyi.

So unrelated to GameKlip, but can someone PM me a how to connect everything up for PS3 controller? Got all the cables/etc but JoyCenter test is doing NOTHING for me :( TIA!!!

3d Nirvana

Aug 6, 2007
they also have it in spray can form fyi.

So unrelated to GameKlip, but can someone PM me a how to connect everything up for PS3 controller? Got all the cables/etc but JoyCenter test is doing NOTHING for me :( TIA!!!

Just press the middle PS button after everything is plugged in :) you should be able to select things on the screen and such using the joysticks once the controller has been turned on. No other apps needed

flawedlegacy

Feb 8, 2010
StL MO -USA
nope, nothing. all of the controller lights light up, so i know they are powering up with the cable. Also worth noting, tried 3 usb cables, known good USB OTG cable and two controllers

3d Nirvana

Aug 6, 2007
nope, nothing. all of the controller lights light up, so i know they are powering up with the cable. Also worth noting, tried 3 usb cables, known good USB OTG cable and two controllers

hmm, I've never heard of that. On mine, using the cables included in the wired package, I press the PS logo button and all four lights change from a rapid flash (looking for a connection) to a slow flash (charging indicator). My phone screen turns on and a selection box appears around my first home icon. I'm able to move the selection box around with the joysticks. Maybe let the controller charge for a while? It could have been completely dead out of the box?

Last edited:

flawedlegacy

Feb 8, 2010
StL MO -USA
both controllers used. both controllers show the lights go nuts when i press the button then slow down. when i just plug them in it is the slower blinking. phone shows usb connected but never prompts me anything or shows any "box" you meantiooned. I will let the controllers charge while I'm out tonight and see what happens from there. I guess. Anyone got any ideas or what I'm doin wrong, PLEASE PM me! Thanks!!

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
Great work, fantastic product! :good:

Would it be possible to design it so the top part which holds the phone is adjustable, like a universal car mount? That way, you only really need the correct measurements on the bottom part so it clips on to the PS3 pad (or Xbox pad) yet it holds almost any phone. Nevertheless, this is a brilliant product and if you can get shipping costs to the UK down a tad, I may just order one. :)

Yes! That would be amazing!

blackspot.536

Jul 15, 2012
Hmm, after skimming through all of these posts I’m surprised I haven’t heard any mention of the Phonejoy bluetooth game controller. It looks to be practically the same design & dimensions as the PS3 controller with the exception of the home button, the “flipped” charging port, & upper-top portion of the controller. It is also compatible with a wide range of non-rooted androids devices (Android 2.2 & up).

I actually just ordered a Phonejoy, after testing out the Gamestop tablet wireless bluetooth controller (works great but not much support behind it & its device support is a bit limited), a PS3 controller (wired), & a Wiimote (too few buttons & awkward handling w/ a nunchunk) with my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S III.

After spending some time searching for Bluetooth game controllers & several possible mounting mechanisms for my phone for an awesome mobile gaming experience, I stumbled upon info. about this “GameKlip”, & it seems to possibly solve all of my problems. This is an excellent accessory, no doubt - but based upon the few photos that I've provided, do you think the GameKlip would fit a Phonjoy bluetooth game controller? If so, I'd definitely buy one?

Attachments

• Phonejoy.jpg
    Phonejoy.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 275
  • Phonejoy2.jpg
    Phonejoy2.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Phonejoy3.jpg
    Phonejoy3.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 281

flawedlegacy

Feb 8, 2010
StL MO -USA
Plasti-dipp I love the stuff. I have it on the rims and tail lights of my Jeep. Yes its off topic but I love plasti-dipp.

I have it on rims, grille, badges, diffuser, cup holder, shift knob, console trim, etc! :good:

So controllers have charged all night, still nothing. I think it's something i enabled or didn't enable on the phone that is holding me back. anyone got any ideas?

3d Nirvana

Aug 6, 2007
Hmm, after skimming through all of these posts I’m surprised I haven’t heard any mention of the Phonejoy bluetooth game controller. It looks to be practically the same design & dimensions as the PS3 controller with the exception of the home button, the “flipped” charging port, & upper-top portion of the controller. It is also compatible with a wide range of non-rooted androids devices (Android 2.2 & up).

I actually just ordered a Phonejoy, after testing out the Gamestop tablet wireless bluetooth controller (works great but not much support behind it & its device support is a bit limited), a PS3 controller (wired), & a Wiimote (too few buttons & awkward handling w/ a nunchunk) with my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S III.

After spending some time searching for Bluetooth game controllers & several possible mounting mechanisms for my phone for an awesome mobile gaming experience, I stumbled upon info. about this “GameKlip”, & it seems to possibly solve all of my problems. This is an excellent accessory, no doubt - but based upon the few photos that I've provided, do you think the GameKlip would fit a Phonjoy bluetooth game controller? If so, I'd definitely buy one?

Thank you! It all depends on how close the analog button is to the edge. It looks like it might though if all the other dimensions are pretty close! Unfortunately I don't have a phone joy to test to make sure

Sent from my Galaxy S3

patriot720

Oct 11, 2011
Any idea when you will have the nexus 7 gameklip ready? Can't wait to get one!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

blackspot.536

Jul 15, 2012
Thank you! It all depends on how close the analog button is to the edge. It looks like it might though if all the other dimensions are pretty close! Unfortunately I don't have a phone joy to test to make sure

Sent from my Galaxy S3

No problem! I see a lot of potential as this being an excellent accessory for the Phonejoy as well, as there is no rooting required to pair this controller with androids devices (Android 2.2 & up), & it’s only priced at $35 w/ the exception of shipping & possible discounts. With the Phonejoy & the PS3 controller being nearly identical in design, the GameKlip would only need a few minor tweaks to accommodate the Phonejoy, but overall it could possibly open the GameKlip to an even wider audience.

I figured the analog button may be positioned a bit too close to the edge of the controller for the GameKlip to fit properly & I was curious as to how the GameKlip would sit on top of the Phonejoy, being that there is a “switch” at the top of the controller near the LED lights. I have yet to actually receive the controller, but when I do I wouldn’t mind measuring a few of it’s proportions if you’re interested.

I also read about a few people’s concerns about battery life. I figured you could just buy an external usb battery pack & velcro it the back of the GameKlip, if needed. Problem solved, and they sell many of those on Amazon.

seonny

Jul 14, 2012
Toronto
I would like to pre-order this as well but do you have to be rooted in order to use a controller with the S3? Is it only compatible with certain games, emulators, etc?

Also, are the ps3 controllers compatible with the Canadian Rogers S3? (saw someone mention earlier that the controller isn't compatible with some American variant of the S3)

c4v3man

May 11, 2007
Any possibility of adding a nexus 7 mount to my pre-order? Or can I cancel and order 2, one custom for the n7, and a s3 model to save on some shipping?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The new GameKlip™ is here! I started a new thread to keep things organized. Check it out here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027611 :)

Hello again everyone! I just launched an accessory for the Galaxy SIII (and other android phones) that you guys might be interested in! I've always loved playing games on my smartphones, but on screen controls were always frustrating. When I discovered the Sixaxis App, and native usb host and controller compatibility with the SIII, I had to figure out a good way to attach my phone to the controller. I came up with the GameKlip™.

I am a university student, and long time xda member. I've been tinkering with this project in my spare time and am now ready to produce them. I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think! :)

More information and ordering info available here: http://thegameklip.com/ Starts at $15!!

Update: I shot another quick video showing how strong the GameKlip™ is. Take a look!

Update2: I have replaced the photos of the Galaxy S3 GameKlip™ with a cleaner, more accurate, representation of the final GameKlip™ (still hand cut). Its actually the same one I used in the video above! I have no issues pressing the buttons. The final version has the tabs moved up a little as well to accommodate for the bottom curve on most phones

Update3: I added a lot more information to my website. Check it out!

Update4: I just took some new photos of the production model! Notice the smooth cuts and plenty of room to press all the buttons. I have also updated the first image above.

Orange.jpg

MultiView.jpg

Update5: I just got a twitter and facebook page up! Feel free to follow or like my pages! I'll be updating them frequently :)
    facebook.com/GameKlip
    twitter.com/GameKlip

Update6: I just shot a new video real quick to show off the new production models. Added above!
    Update! I just replaced a few of the photos with pictures of the final production model! Notice the smooth cuts and plenty of room to reach all the buttons. I'll be posting more photos and an updated video soon!

Orange.jpg

Green.jpg

MultiView.jpg
    Here is a demo video of how secure the hold is. Hope this will be sufficient :D

I just updated the demo video to feature production models! Check it out! :)

Thank you all for your patience and support! I dropped most of the orders off at the post office this evening! I wasn't able to get all of them out before they closed, but all orders placed before this posting will ship out first thing in the morning :) I'll get the tracking numbers inputted into PayPal asap. Once I input the tracking number, PayPal should send you an email with the shipping details. All orders are shipped via priority mail and should arrive in 1-3 days.

I put a lot of work into every single one of your orders, I hope you like them! Thank you again everyone!