SD Card Issues

Search This thread

nerotix

Mar 19, 2011
Utrecht
Hello All,

Two weeks ago I bought a new Samsung MicroSDHC Pro 64GB Class 10. Kinda from the beginning it wasn't working how it should.. I formated it EXT4, exFat and FAT32 but all give the same problem.

For example; I copy a flashable zip on my external sd card, copies just find, but as soon as I try to flash from the external sd card I keep getting an error and the flash failed, almost instantly. If I copy and flash the same file to my internal sd card, it works just fine and no problems what so ever.

I tried formatting it through Sense, GPe and even a USB card reader.. all give me the same issues. I can even make a titanium backup and it seems to work. Tho, as soon as I try to restore from it, it won't find the files from the backup..but when I check the external sd card on my pc (phone connect to pc by htc usb cable) the files are there and it seems the correct size. But when I want to try a batch restore in titanium backup, and I look the phone for backup folders, it finds the foder.. but when I actualy wanna start the batch recovery, it only sees 1/2/3 apps to restore, even tho there are over 70 apps to restore.

I'm at a loss at the moment, I feel like I've tried everything and nothing seemed to work. This is what the error looks like when trying to flash from external sd card:

E:Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/blablabla/blablabla.zip'
Updating partition details

Hope anyone could help me with the issue.

Thanks in advance<3

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
Hello All,

Two weeks ago I bought a new Samsung MicroSDHC Pro 64GB Class 10. Kinda from the beginning it wasn't working how it should.. I formated it EXT4, exFat and FAT32 but all give the same problem.

For example; I copy a flashable zip on my external sd card, copies just find, but as soon as I try to flash from the external sd card I keep getting an error and the flash failed, almost instantly. If I copy and flash the same file to my internal sd card, it works just fine and no problems what so ever.

I tried formatting it through Sense, GPe and even a USB card reader.. all give me the same issues. I can even make a titanium backup and it seems to work. Tho, as soon as I try to restore from it, it won't find the files from the backup..but when I check the external sd card on my pc (phone connect to pc by htc usb cable) the files are there and it seems the correct size. But when I want to try a batch restore in titanium backup, and I look the phone for backup folders, it finds the foder.. but when I actualy wanna start the batch recovery, it only sees 1/2/3 apps to restore, even tho there are over 70 apps to restore.

I'm at a loss at the moment, I feel like I've tried everything and nothing seemed to work. This is what the error looks like when trying to flash from external sd card:

Thanks in advance<3

I've seen in the past that 64gb cards have issues with formatting unless formatted in windows as Fat32 - mine did :(

As soon as I did that it worked.

Reactions: nerotix

nerotix

Mar 19, 2011
Utrecht
Have you checked it to make sure it's not fake? Where did you buy it from & what is the formatted capacity? Should be like 59gbs and change

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Got it from a dutch website, through a person, not a company.. it had all legit packages etc, but how can I check to be 100% sure that it's real?

My computer shows it has 62,4GB total capacity.. reading it from card reader. Sounds wrong?

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
Got it from a dutch website, through a person, not a company.. it had all legit packages etc, but how can I check to be 100% sure that it's real?

My computer shows it has 62,4GB total capacity.. reading it from card reader. Sounds wrong?

Deffo wrong. Sounds like a fake. Capacity is 64gb. Available is obviously lower after formatting. Legit packages mean nothing - take a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiePAL0Pg

I would return it asap

Last edited:
Reactions: nerotix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Thanks in advance<3

I've seen in the past that 64gb cards have issues with formatting unless formatted in windows as Fat32 - mine did :(

As soon as I did that it worked.
    Have you checked it to make sure it's not fake? Where did you buy it from & what is the formatted capacity? Should be like 59gbs and change

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Deffo wrong. Sounds like a fake. Capacity is 64gb. Available is obviously lower after formatting. Legit packages mean nothing - take a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiePAL0Pg

I would return it asap