Help: Cant flash any zip via Odin anymore

Search This thread

cr0wnest

Jun 29, 2010
Singapore
I dont know whats going on, but Odin 3.09 suddenly stopped being able to view and add zip files to flash. Ive even tried repacking the zip into a tar format but odin crashes when it gets to the file verification stage. I did nothing to my files or Odin, and ive been using this for years without fail.

Im beginning to suspect it might be something to do with Windows (Im running 8.1) and it might have been some update that caused Odin to stop recognising zip files. Can someone help me out here? Odin is sitting useless in my computer now.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I dont know whats going on, but Odin 3.09 suddenly stopped being able to view and add zip files to flash. Ive even tried repacking the zip into a tar format but odin crashes when it gets to the file verification stage. I did nothing to my files or Odin, and ive been using this for years without fail.

Im beginning to suspect it might be something to do with Windows (Im running 8.1) and it might have been some update that caused Odin to stop recognising zip files. Can someone help me out here? Odin is sitting useless in my computer now.

PC Odin DOESN'T flash zip files. It flashes tar or MD5 files.
Did you try unzipping the zip file?
If you are trying to flash a custom rom you need a custom recovery...

cr0wnest

Jun 29, 2010
Singapore
Oh yeah just realised I was flashing the wrong file all this while.. Haha thanks for reminding me. :)

Sent from my non-Apple device via XDA App