Harman/Kardon Edition on T-Mobile

Search This thread

andybfmv96

Nov 19, 2012
If I get a Harman kardon edition of the HTC One m8, would I be able to use it on T-Mobile? And more importantly, if I flash a ROM like ViperOne, could I use WiFi calling?

andybfmv96

Nov 19, 2012
are you talking about the sprint HTC one M8 or flashing the HK onto your phone?

in any case, the answer is yes for both

and Viper one does have wifi calling.
No. Taking about flashing ViperOne to the Harman kardon edition. And also wondering if I could s-off and flash the T-Mobile ruu

That does answer my first question though. Thank you

And will a stock HK edition work on T-Mobile?

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
HK Edition is Sprint, which is a CDMA carrier, and the M8 Sprint version is CDMA/GSM. While all hardware is the same for the GSM versions of the M8, the CDMA version actually is different hardware. You do not want to be using the HK version on T-Mobile. Its very likely you will not be able to add the proper network support, as I'm guessing the radios for the CDMA version will not include T-Mob's AWS LTE and 3G bands. Aside from the color and headphones, the "HK" features are in software, which can be applied to any M8.

You are basically better off with any version of the M8 besides Sprint/Verizon. But to guarantee the proper network support, just buy the T-Mobile version.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

And also wondering if I could s-off and flash the T-Mobile ruu

Absolutely not. As mentioned the T-Mob and Sprint versions are different hardware. Software is not compatible, and folks have bricked their phones trying to put GSM software on the CDMA M8.

andybfmv96

Nov 19, 2012
HK Edition is Sprint, which is a CDMA carrier, and the M8 Sprint version is CDMA/GSM. While all hardware is the same for the GSM versions of the M8, the CDMA version actually is different hardware. You do not want to be using the HK version on T-Mobile. Its very likely you will not be able to add the proper network support, as I'm guessing the radios for the CDMA version will not include T-Mob's AWS LTE and 3G bands. Aside from the color and headphones, the "HK" features are in software, which can be applied to any M8.

You are basically better off with any version of the M8 besides Sprint/Verizon. But to guarantee the proper network support, just buy the T-Mobile version.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Absolutely not. As mentioned the T-Mob and Sprint versions are different hardware. Software is not compatible, and folks have bricked their phones trying to put GSM software on the CDMA M8.
Yeah just grabbed a T-Mobile version yesterday. Hk working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I get a Harman kardon edition of the HTC One m8, would I be able to use it on T-Mobile? And more importantly, if I flash a ROM like ViperOne, could I use WiFi calling?

are you talking about the sprint HTC one M8 or flashing the HK onto your phone?

in any case, the answer is yes for both

and Viper one does have wifi calling.