[ROM][KK][Jan 18] -=- CloudyG2 2.2 -=- [All Variants]

Search This thread

Voltaine

Mar 17, 2013
is it wise to use dorimanx kernel with this rom... ?
6fd289ee5479766c5c5daf78aea38c08.jpg

mhb92

Oct 1, 2011
thessaloniki
hahah ok my friend.. cause i used it already.. and i think i had a "hot reboot" during night while i was asleep.. though thanks again :p

alessa

Jul 5, 2008
hello

its been at least the 6 th time I ask, I do not understand why I never get an answer right !!
I have a D802 with the latest rom 1.3, and I do not have fm radio application . under 1.2 it was very present! I try everything: 1.flash via recovery = nothing 2.Set the apk and odex is in le.zip directly into the system / app folder = nothing there's gotta be a way .... and please I really would like an answer ..... thank you

tester5224

Feb 25, 2013
Mini-Me
IM not see the Hebrew language in the 1.3 why is that?
Cloudy can you just put back the Hebrew language? There is no reason to remove it except of saving a few megabytes off the file but no performance boost or any other benefit so please add it back..
I installed the ROM and unfortunately I found out that there is no shame Hebrew choice:( , besides the meantime, he works part, of course I will continue to work with and I will be happy if you could add a built-in Hebrew language, thanks
Again no hebrew sys lang like the new cloudyflex?whyyyyyy?
How to add Hebrew to the normal language selection, including RTL alignment:
1. Edit build.prop with suitable editor. you can use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor
2. Search and find the value of ro.lge.custLanguageSet
3. Change the value from true to false. Save and restart when asked.

Reactions: Gilad.i

Robshr

Oct 8, 2012
Allentown
is dorimanx kernel a good choice for this rom]

Can you explain why?

I'd have to agree on simple kernel is better the reasons why are one it gives you more overall total control your not stuck with having to use stweaks and two dorimanx's kernel doesn't allow for any type of volume booster mods you get what he gives you and that's that and lastly I think simple kernel gives better performance when tuned correctly now don't get me wrong dorimanx is a good choice for some people especially beginners I just think he wants to much control over what you can do with the kernel and like I said it's a great kernel just not for me

Last edited:

alessa

Jul 5, 2008
hello

its been at least the 6 th time I ask, I do not understand why I never get an answer right !!
I have a D802 with the latest rom 1.3, and I do not have fm radio application . under 1.2 it was very present! I try everything: 1.flash via recovery = nothing 2.Set the apk and odex is in le.zip directly into the system / app folder = nothing there's gotta be a way .... and please I really would like an answer ..... thank you

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
hello

If you have asked 6 times and have not gotten an answer chances are very good that no one has an answer. Folks here are very helpful and do what they can when they can.

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
hello

This is G2 forum my friend... No answer everywhere!

Anyway, i strongly suggest you to install Optimus G3. All you need is there.

Cheers

alessa

Jul 5, 2008
This is G2 forum my friend... No answer everywhere!

Anyway, i strongly suggest you to install Optimus G3. All you need is there.

Cheers

I do not know if you do expressly or if it's just to feel superior .... But I do not see how your answer as what we are not on a g3 forum is relevant and useful

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

If you have asked 6 times and have not gotten an answer chances are very good that no one has an answer. Folks here are very helpful and do what they can when they can.

OK I have no doubt, but a response like "it's impossible because ...." would not be luxury ...

I'd have to agree on simple kernel is better the reasons why are one it gives you more overall total control your not stuck with having to use stweaks and two dorimanx's kernel doesn't allow for any type of volume booster mods you get what he gives you and that's that and lastly I think simple kernel gives better performance when tuned correctly now don't get me wrong dorimanx is a good choice for some people especially beginners I just think he wants to much control over what you can do with the kernel and like I said it's a great kernel just not for me

Appreciate the explanation. Can you provide some more details about the tuning that you do?

Bjorn S

Jul 30, 2014
hello

I'm not sure this is the answer your'e looking for, but I have a D802 and am using 1.3 and have the FM-radio application. And it works too. I haven't done anything to deserve it, so to speak, it's just there without me having to do anything.

Last edited:

Wimmme

Nov 9, 2012
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
hello

I have a D802 too, never had v1.2, flashed 1.3 coming from mahdi, and fm radio is present for me ...

Robshr

Oct 8, 2012
Allentown
Appreciate the explanation. Can you provide some more details about the tuning that you do?
First off let me clarify that I use two different cpu controllers only for one reason is that that hotspot mod changes the cpu governor from interactive to performance when you turn it on so on my g2 I've found using 3ç toolbox pro along with faux clock seems to fix that problem now with my g3 it's different I have to use 3c toolbox along with kernel tweaker to solve the same problem don't ask me why all I know is that it works now as far as my g2 i use 3c toolbox pro for different settings when the screen is either on or off like I have it set that when then screen is off sync , background data and GPS in automatically shut off. Also I use it to control which apps are allowed to run in the background which all helps save battery now as far as CPU I like interactive governor I think it just gives better performance as far as the tuning of the governor that gets a little to detailed to try to explain it all here . I would suggest you do your research on governors by googling it there are a lot of articles on it and don't read just one but many because they explain it in different ways and some explain in more detail then others do your homework then play around with the governor settings till you find what works best for you
Oh and as far as faux clock I just set all the settings the same as 3ç toolbox and set at boot, for me like I said it's only purpose is to keep the governor from changing when I turn on the hotspot
If I get some free time I write down my governor settings and I'll either post them or pm them to you just to let you know to I tune for performance more than battery life
Here you go here's two screen shots of my governor settings - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8l5wmyils7bfy7o/AAAik5hfPiIGlm4efStYicgDa?dl=0

Last edited:

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
hello

Clean flash from back to stock via kdz to Cloudy g3 1.3 on my D802 and fm radio is there alive and kicking. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    q3NHHca.png

1qM4Duk.png

• Ported from LG G3A official ROM
    • CloudyKernel (linaro)
    • Odexed, zipaligned
    • Aroma installer
    • SuperSU
    • Busybox + runparts
    • init.d support
    • Debloated
    • AdAway host file
    • Latest GApps
    • LG G3 Camera (4k + MF + SloMo)
    • Buttons Combination
    • Brightness and Volume toggle
    • Split View
    • Calling Recorder
    • ART support
    • Knock Code support
    • Odex & Deodex selection

NdDTnZ0.png

• Updated to 10F base
    • Updated APN configs
    • Updated Google apps
    • Fixed Volume slider
    • Fixed Message icon
    • Added MiniView mode
    • Added T-Action
    • Added DeOdex option
    • Improved scripts and patches
    • Supported new bootloader

cqygoyV.png

• Full Wipe (Dalvik, Cache, System & Data)
    • Flash KitKat baseband
    • Install the CloudyG2
    • Choose your variant in Aroma
    • Enjoy

uihSmgi.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    -=- CloudyG2 [KK] -=- [All Variants], ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    Cloudyfa
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: CloudyG2 2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-18
    F.A.Q.

Can I dirty flash the ROM instead of clean flash everytime?
    - You can dirty flash but if anything wrong happen, you must do a clean flash first to see if the problem still there before reporting anything here.

I'm on JB, how I install this ROM? I dont know where to start
    - Follow these steps: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52483656&postcount=2507

CloudyKernel? More info please
    - It's stock kernel compiled using linaro toolchain. You can have the source here: https://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=G2

I'm using LS/VS980 and I have some problem...
    - Remember that you're using international base so you will have some minor bugs (your variant is CDMA specific). For exp you must use 3rd party app for MMS, visual roaming issue.

I dont have 4G/LTE option in network setting?
    - Delete LteConfigs.apk in system\app (D802/5/6 only) then reboot.

LTE doesnt stick after reboot. How I fix that?
    - Follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52021539&postcount=1688

Why my data network doesnt work? Or slow data connection?
    - Please check your APN settings to see if it's up-to-dated yet. If you need to adjust it, remember to remind me about the new config so I can include them next release

Whenever I select ART runtime, the phone reboot and still using Dalvik?
    - You're using Xposed and that's the problem. Xposed doesnt support ART at the moment, it will force your system running in Dalvik mode.

I'm using QuickWindow but this ROM has QuickCircle of G3?
    - You can get QuickWindow patch here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/themes-apps/quickcircle-music-g3-ported-roms-t2800536
    Addons
    • Coming soon

Special Thanks

Donate
    CloudyG3 1.1 released ;)