[Theme] [Bugless] Pink Steel!

Search This thread

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
ATM I am going to stop updating this theme unless any other bugs appear or if fission is updated. I probably won't be coming out with other color updates because I don't have the free time to just work on theming, sorry. I will try and keep this theme updated so it works with all versions of fission though.

Update #2: Removed the gingerbread battery icon version because they had a weird background and I don't think that they are going to work and they don't fit the theme even when they are pink. I also updated the main theme to 2.6.1.

Update #3: Just added the new status bar color version. I am keeping the old one up also because in my opinion it looks better but some people are going to like the new one more.

Update #4: fixed menu color issues and changed the bootanimation ENJOY!. More updates to come tomorrow.

Update #5 *hitting head against wall with all of these updates* There shouldnt be any more bugs and I changed all of the app icons to the elegant steel style. I will continue to update this theme with vibrancy soon ;) and I may change a bit more of the style.

Update #6 something went crazy and the last update so now it's all good ;)
All bugs fixed and new BOOTANIMATION!

Thanks,
ljbaumer

HappyValentinesDay.png

I am proud to present my annual valentines day theme Pink Steel! :D

**Based off of Elegant Steel ported by me ;)

Quick note: I have tested this theme and I have not noticed any bugs but if you find any please send me a PM of post the bugs on the thread

Standard Disclaimer: I DO NOT take any responsibility for anything that happens to you or your phone before or after you flash this theme. By rooting your phone you probably have already voided your warranty so you are on your own. If you have any problems I will try and help you but I cannot promise anything.

Install Instructions:

1) Boot into recovery
2)Make sure your system is mounted under mounts and storage
3)Install the .zip from your SDcard
4)Reboot your phone
5)follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/ljbaumer99
6)TADA!

Another note: almost everything in this theme is modified at least a bit, from the color of the text to the shape of widgets.

Credits:
Team defuse: making the fission rom
The users in the elegant steel thread: for inspiring me :cool:
Davros (droidforums.net): Letting me use bits and pieces from his theme
=http://www.droidforums.net/forum/m...uild-stable-gimpsource-frg83d-rom-themes.html
I forgot where I got the bootanimation from but thanks to that developer.
If I left anyone out just pm me please.

Features:

I have included a few very unique features in this theme.
The first one of those features is the launcher2.apk
Launcher2 (stock launcher) is a custom version of the gingerbread launcher. It has 4 items in the dock at the bottom and an app launcher.
The app launcher in launcher2.apk is 3d by default! That means no launcherpro for your 3d app drawer :D
Also when you open the menu on the main homescreen you get 6 options instead of the stock 5. The added 6th option is a manage apps button (as shown in gingerbread) which takes you straight to the manager apps section in setting where you can stop running apps (like a task manager), uninstall apps or clear the data off of apps.

There are also some other features but I am pretty tired right now and I cannot remember any of them lol.
Screenshots
5391973206_d4444ec24e_b.jpg

5391972656_a1e9203368_b.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the new color update for the status bar:
5418517121_f5530cacf0_b.jpg

Downloads:

Pink Steel for fission 2.5.7: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7KZJLXSB
Pink Steel for fission 2.6.1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XRVKXIZ
Pink Steel lighter status bar for fission 2.6.1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=20681EB4

Last edited:
Reactions: tbaker077

Mackattack

Nov 30, 2009
I really hate to say this and I am so sorry for saying it but the top bar doesn't really match the rest of the theme(looks a bit purple), plus I am having an issue with battery icon not being fully accurate(you think you can make it look like the Gingerbread battery but in pink that always worked more accurately for me). Now the highlighted pink color shown off is more of what I was looking for. But thank you for the hard work.

Maybe we should find a woman to be called the official D2 girl and use her as like a background option. lol

Last edited:

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Ok... why don't you make the theme then? Or tell me how to make it? Jesus christ you guys are appreciative. (Sarcasm)

I really hate to say this and I am so sorry for saying it but the top bar doesn't really match the rest of the theme(looks a bit purple), plus I am having an issue with battery icon not being fully accurate(you think you can make it look like the Gingerbread battery but in pink that always worked more accurately for me). Now the highlighted pink color shown off is more of what I was looking for. But thank you for the hard work.

Maybe we should find a woman to be called the official D2 girl and use her as like a background option. lol

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Mackattack

Nov 30, 2009
All i am asking for is the status bar to be more pink-ish and not purple. sorry i am pmsing right now.

Mackattack

Nov 30, 2009
No, rush will be enjoying this one in the mean time. :) And if you can get the battery meter more accurate that would be a bonus as it seems to be a bit off for me(maybe a gingerbread style battery meter would be more accurate?). Or you can do the suggested changes for 2.6.1.

Last edited:

tbaker077

Jan 17, 2009
California
Ah, well my bad. Well I currently have this theme installed, but I wanted to know if there is a way to go back to the stock icon colors. Like would I have to change something in what section or something?

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
You would have to go into system/app and open each archive without unzipping it and edit the png for the icon.

Ah, well my bad. Well I currently have this theme installed, but I wanted to know if there is a way to go back to the stock icon colors. Like would I have to change something in what section or something?

Reactions: Mackattack

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Or I could make a version with the stock icons but that would have to wait a day or 2 also

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
**hitting head against the wall***

I can't come out with the update tonight because I have a bunch of family members visiting and it would be really rude to do android development while they are here. I will see if I can come out with an update tomorrow.

I'm really sorry,
ljbaumer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At the moment I don't have photoshop ... just a little pricey. If anyone wants to buy it for me I am totally cool with that. So I don't think I can do the vibrancy thing right now.

I am a little busy with the super bowl and all so I will only be able to do those few menu color bug fixes today. I will try and get the icons on the apps out tomorrow and I will update all of the apps to the new versions of them tomorrow also.

Thanks,
    ljbaumer

Well she tells me there is a settin in your photo editor under color, or vibrance. In photoshop its under adjustments then under vibrance.

She did dis as kind of an idea wat she wants. Told me she increased vibrance, saturation, and fixed the contrast(works on my tv when I adjust dis one nd it may have worked here), with Photoshop on the whole thang. Good ya'll?
    I just want the task bar at the top to be more of a pink shade than purple shade which it currently is, but thank you.

Comming right up today or tomorrow.

Just came out with an update with pink gingerbread battery icons! Can someone take a screenshot of it and send it to me? I haven't tested it but it should work great.
    Uploading.....

Looks like a remix version of JRummy's Pink Life theme.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/05/24/release-jrummys-pink-life/

Nice work though.