[Q] Baseband switcher for the Nexus 5?

Search This thread

ak.pp

Jun 8, 2012
Maybe a silly question, but....

Does a baseband switcher tool exist for the Nexus 5, like there is for the Defy (for example)?

I bought my N5 from the US, but using it in South East Asia and have noticed week signal issues.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Not explicitly but there are only a few basebands anyway and they're all flashable via a custom recovery

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Reactions: ak.pp

ak.pp

Jun 8, 2012
Got it- thanks for the quick reply. Would have been nice to have a tool like that for frequent travelers! :p

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
A tool that automatically boots into recovery and flashes a specific zip? Its just as quick to do that manually

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Got an n5 on the way. Is there a specific radio that is generally considered best? I seem to see some posts that the 4.4.1 update made people's reception worse?

Sent from my Nexus 7

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Got an n5 on the way. Is there a specific radio that is generally considered best?

No. As with all android phones, everyone has different experiences with different radios

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Reactions: phositadc

ak.pp

Jun 8, 2012
A tool that automatically boots into recovery and flashes a specific zip? Its just as quick to do that manually

I don't mind manually flashing-- the nice thing about the tool for the defy (which was my previous phone) was that all the basebands are already built into the tool, so it was just a matter of going to settings and selecting the baseband.

In any case, thanks for the info

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not explicitly but there are only a few basebands anyway and they're all flashable via a custom recovery

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

Got an n5 on the way. Is there a specific radio that is generally considered best?

No. As with all android phones, everyone has different experiences with different radios

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.