N4 fell in water, need help/suggestions please :)

Search This thread

mkrevelations

Apr 27, 2013
New Delhi
Alright, so my N4 fell into the water for approx 5 seconds before I picked it up quickly. Turned it off, cleaned it with a dry cloth, and put it in some rice quickly.
Any help/suggestions on what I can do to make sure any major harm doesn't happen to the device? Should I open its back cover to clean or anything?

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Alright, so my N4 fell into the water for approx 5 seconds before I picked it up quickly. Turned it off, cleaned it with a dry cloth, and put it in some rice quickly.
Any help/suggestions on what I can do to make sure any major harm doesn't happen to the device? Should I open its back cover to clean or anything?

Let it sit for awhile (a few hours) and see what happens.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

Pollie81

Mar 8, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
this probably won't help you but I've got some experience with electric devices and fluids.. they never survive! not in my case anyway..
if you have the tools you could open the case so it can dry better..

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Leave it to dry completely, so in rice for over 24 hours. After that best thing to do is open it up and clean any corrosion using isopropyl alcohol, pay close attention to connectors and charging port, but avoid getting alcohol on the LCD or in a microphone. Do not try and power on the device until you've done this. You might find the water didn't actually get in, mine was fully submerged for about 1 second and there was no moisture inside at all.

mkrevelations

Apr 27, 2013
New Delhi
Thanks all, I'll keep your help and suggestions in mind. I'll keep you guys posted if I have further problems after I take it out of the rice.

mkrevelations

Apr 27, 2013
New Delhi
An update : took it outta the rice after 20-22 hours, everything else works fine except microphone. Doesn't work at all. I can use a headset which has a mic then it works. Could I do something about the microphone?

Reactions: meZQureshi

Travel_Mate

Jul 24, 2010
In my opinion try another 24 hours in rise. When I submerged mine, I left it for over 48 hours fully covered with rise in a bag on a direct sunlight. Also I've managed to remove the back cover in the first 12 hours, so it was in rise on pieces.
Phone is working without problems so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An update : took it outta the rice after 20-22 hours, everything else works fine except microphone. Doesn't work at all. I can use a headset which has a mic then it works. Could I do something about the microphone?
    Update : Went to the service center and got the microphone fixed, they didn't even replace it (like i thought they would) , fixed it in like 5-10 minutes.