Galaxy S3 KitKat Update Killed SMS Notifications

Search This thread

BigDanInTX

May 19, 2009
League City, TX
I have a stock Galaxy S3 and a Gear 2 Neo. When I was on 4.3, the notifications for SMS on my watch worked perfectly. I was excited to finally get the Kitkat upgrade last week. However, now that I'm upgraded (this is the stock Verizon-supplied 4.4), I no longer receive SMS notifications.

I have completely reset the watch, no change. I have not reset the phone and I'm not even sure if that would help.

Is there a different base SMS app for Kitkat that I didn't upgrade to or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BigDanInTX

May 19, 2009
League City, TX
I have a stock Galaxy S3 and a Gear 2 Neo. When I was on 4.3, the notifications for SMS on my watch worked perfectly. I was excited to finally get the Kitkat upgrade last week. However, now that I'm upgraded (this is the stock Verizon-supplied 4.4), I no longer receive SMS notifications.

I have completely reset the watch, no change. I have not reset the phone and I'm not even sure if that would help.

Is there a different base SMS app for Kitkat that I didn't upgrade to or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Well, I ended up figuring it out and almost feel embarrassed that I didn't look there first...

Everything worked fine with my setup before the upgrade. So, I thought something was just wrong. Turns out I had to open up the messaging app and enable the notifications (under 4.3, this wasn't needed). It was a pretty loud clap when my hand hit my forehead.

:eek:

(*sheepish*)