I vote for FTP non public!

Search This thread

quappo

Jan 17, 2005
Hi Admins,

though i think that the ftp with its well-known user/pass is a very comfortable way to make files public, it seems as if some dorks are using this freedom to delete/change/corrupt files again and again.

Can we make ftp read-only so that you can only upload via web-interface? Im afraid thats the only way to get rid of these nagging fellows...

greetings,

quappo

katsj

Nov 28, 2004
Larissa
I couldn't agree more! There is a chance to destroy our devices by corrupted ROMs and then blame the user that uploaded the file in order to help the community while he is not responsible for something like that!
Well said quappo!

S1MB4D

Aug 22, 2004
London
this is surely the way forward so that
1) the uploader doesnt get blamed for currupt files
2) this would help protect our devices for currupt roms images!

Swifty

Aug 20, 2003
I agree with this.
I am willing to offer some support to the developers on this, as they are obviously busy guys.

I would be happy to "moderate" the FTP as such.. so I could regularly check the upload folder (which everyone could have write access to)
Then move the files into thier relevant areas (Himilaya, BlueAngel, Tools etc.. Which could be Read Only access)
This way we wouldn't have people trashing the FTP.

Cheers

HDuser

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2005
Zürich, Switzerland
Site is non public

Hi all

We now have FTP admins for the site.

Please note that we are normal users that have a ftp account that has more rights than the xda user who will be able to post in a upload area and download but NOT Delete.

Now the BA section is covered with vastloper, HappyGoat and MDAIIIUser.

The other forums are not covered, and as I don't read them I need to know who would be a good choice, wants to do the job for free.

Please PM me.

mitchello

Mar 20, 2005
Melbourne
Yeah, the FTP should be locked except for an upload folder, and users should not be able to delete from that folder, that deleting and reorganising should be leave for the mods. I was fortunate to download the files that I needed for a ROM update (the anansky 27Mb Magician ROM update) before the onslaught began. Give other users the chance many of us have had.