Weird charging problems

Search This thread

Schooleydoo

Sep 15, 2006
St Albans
On a few occasions now I have plugged it in to charge overnight, to find that it has not charged, or only part charged. The LED starts blinking as it should, but the next morning it is still blinking and only gone up, say 10%.

Also on occasion, I plug it in to charge and although the LED blinks, the battery icon does not change to reflect that it is now charging.

Has anyone else had similar problems or, as I suspect, do I have a defective unit?

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I have only charged and walked away from my device once (that I can remember) and for whatever reason it either failed to charge or was just charging stupidly slow. I ended up unplugging booting the device and plugging it back in again where it proceeded to charge normally.

Not sure if this is similar to what you describe but it is a strange behaviour while charging even if I have only come across it once so far.

Schooleydoo

Sep 15, 2006
St Albans
Well, there's not much chance of getting a replacement any time soon, so I will just cross my fingers that it needs "running in". Will try rebooting also.

Thanks.

orlok

Jul 20, 2006
There are reports of this issue happening, indeed its just happened to me!

Youre not alone and afaik its not a defective device. If i find more info ill let you know

Rgds

Lok

TubbyHamster

Sep 24, 2008
Derby, UK
www.fictionchris.com
I can only charge mine effectively if I turn the Vega off, if not if charges for a while but then the light just goes out. If the Vega is off it charges fine.

There has been a lot of talk about the sub-standard chargers over at MoDaCo, I keep meaning to try and get a new regulated charger from somewhere and try that.

Maybe this weekend. :)

Schooleydoo

Sep 15, 2006
St Albans
I can only charge mine effectively if I turn the Vega off, if not if charges for a while but then the light just goes out. If the Vega is off it charges fine.

Well spotted, now I turn it off before plugging it in, it works fine.

Another annoyance is my screen brightness reverting to default after every boot. I have to go into settings and although the adjustment bar is at max, have to re-set it to max for it to apply. Anyone else?!