[ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720, Enjoy HD recording and H264 720p Video playback

Search This thread

hhcat

Dec 30, 2011
I lost home key function and the usb connection is better but still acting funny.

PS.. I think I lost some of the extended power menu as well

Does anyone have an ICS keyboard or something better I can push through system? I deleted the one that came with the ROM now I am having a heck of a time replacing it.

***Don't seem to be too much wrong now, there is still a hiccup when connecting USB, sometimes it works, sometimes it will say cannot connect for memory access or charge and also I get an occasional android.something.media quit working or something, can't recall exactly. And the Home key not working. That's about it. That I can see for now, I still need to fix the radio volume too.

***GPS works great except it uses the bluetooth icon in the status bar. Another thing that works that we never had I don't think is the screenshot.

This ROM runs wonderfully great! Lol

Did you remove provision.apk in /system/app? Removing this apk would cause Home key issue.

fox_die

Oct 20, 2011
HCMC
Yes that can be a reason. The permissions/owners of the old data app may not be correct. Also check if your app directory is writable (by system user).

I managed to install Titanium backup via ADB. Despite that, I still can't install apps by market or restore apps with TB and get a reboot every time.

update: I figured out what's causing the reboot, after a few factory resets. That's my sd card. ah, that doesn't mean my sd got damaged or something, it's still working properly. The problem starts when I plug my sd card in and continues to exist after that, and the only way to fix is doing a factory reset. Before inserting my sd card, I can install apps normally, adb, and from market. So basically I'm running without a sd card now :|

only thing I notice that I get the sd card error too in the notification: android.process.media.and I replaced the chinese music player with MiuiV3.apk but still get the same FC from com.android.mediaprovider

should I reformat the sd card and delete the app partition (fat32) ?

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Is there a way to flash this rom without bootloop?

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

I have flashed it a few times now been running it for 3 days and haven't had a single bootloop or forceclose. Not sure what the heck is going on lol. I had the USB issue and now homekey issue

Did you remove provision.apk in /system/app? Removing this apk would cause Home key issue.

I really don't think so, all I did was replace SystemUI.apk. Nope Just checked, it is still there

***Anybody have the apk for theme chooser? I can't find it anywhere

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

You mean that sdcard error is due to flash ?
Do you have them when you flash sbf too ?

No the sdcard error is not due to flash, I been having a lot of problems with my sdcards reading and writing, they keep failing and I have to keep repairing them. I had this issue with Bravo a while back, the XT isn't very friendly with my sdcards. So I figure most of the bootlloops and forcecloses and SOD's are caused by this. Also may be a cause of not getting a good solid flash. At least for me anyway. I have zero problems with my moms Huawei Ascend X using the same sdcards.

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Youtube crashes or reboots the same on flashplayer.
All else works great
Thanks
The problem the vessel is set too low.
Overclock 800 no reboots

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
can u give me please an instruction to restore this rom successfully? im always stuck in boot animation and reboots eventually please help thnx

There really isn't any special instructions, just flash it like you should with all ROM's. RSD SBF file, root it, setup OpenRecovery and after you install Open Recovery copy over the OR file with Mioze7Ae's special OR file and boot into OR, wipe all, flash the ROM and wipe everything again, Try this though, after flashing, power off before reboot and remove the battery for 2 minutes. Then power on. It probably won't help lol, just seen it somewhere. Good luck! It is still running great for me! Wish someone could help me with themechooser though.

bagongs

Mar 17, 2011
There really isn't any special instructions, just flash it like you should with all ROM's. RSD SBF file, root it, setup OpenRecovery and after you install Open Recovery copy over the OR file with Mioze7Ae's special OR file and boot into OR, wipe all, flash the ROM and wipe everything again, Try this though, after flashing, power off before reboot and remove the battery for 2 minutes. Then power on. It probably won't help lol, just seen it somewhere. Good luck! It is still running great for me! Wish someone could help me with themechooser though.

here is a backup of the theme chooser app. restore via titanium backup (if it works), otherwise extract the apk that you'll find inside ;)

Attachments

• themechooser_backup.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: LibertyMonger

fox_die

Oct 20, 2011
HCMC
finally I've solved reboot issue.
now I try to install Calendar. Get both Calendar.apk and calendarprovider.apk here, and put them in /system/app
I've already changed the user id in /data/system/packages.xml

however, when I try to add new event (using Go calendar widget) I only get an popup "no calendar. You have no calendar" . So how can I make it work? do I need to reinstall Google apps?

Last edited:

nrgaway

Jan 26, 2011
can u give me please an instruction to restore this rom successfully? im always stuck in boot animation and reboots eventually please help thnx

I have not tried installing this ROM yet, but in the past some ROMs or features would not work correctly since my SD Card had errors. It seems often it will have errors (multiple cards as well).

So try to fix errors in aor first, for both FAT32 and ext partitions (if you have both) BEFORE wiping and installing. This always helped for me; maybe it will for you as well.

Also if you still have problems, does it help if you install ROM on battery compared to being plugged in to charger?

Also did you try with SIM removed when installing?

All of these things have happened to me in past and were fixed by doing above. Now I always fix sdcard first, remove SIM and do not have charger plugged in when installing, I only ever plug it in when its totally done installing and I then shutdown phone to insert SIM.

I hope this offers a solution and help

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
I just wanted to mention that this ROM nearly bricked my phone. There are obviously some bugs that still need to be worked out.

It crashed while I was flashing it, and then my phone boot looped and it was a PITA to get into the bootloader to revert to stock.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I just wanted to mention that this ROM nearly bricked my phone. There are obviously some bugs that still need to be worked out.

It crashed while I was flashing it, and then my phone boot looped and it was a PITA to get into the bootloader to revert to stock.

Still having no performance issues. I don't understand all the trouble you all are having. Very weird. Sorry if anyone feels misled but I just reported my experience. My XT hasn't ran this nice and smooth and consistent for quite a while.

***I haven't fixed my homekey yet, was hoping hhcat was gonna release an update. Not sure how to fix it.

Last edited:

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
Still having no performance issues. I don't understand all the trouble you all are having. Very weird. Sorry if anyone feels misled but I just reported my experience. My XT hasn't ran this nice and smooth and consistent for quite a while.

***I haven't fixed my homekey yet, was hoping hhcat was gonna release an update. Not sure how to fix it.

I tried again flashing from the stock ROM and it got stuck in a boot loop.

This ROM needs some work before I'm willing to take another chance on it.

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
Just like SickBeast, pables123 and a few others, I cannot get this rom to boot; I only get a bootloop.

Anything else we should try? :confused:

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Link:
    *http://xt720.ru/Files/Mods/ShenqiV4-En.7z (Mirror:http://depositfiles.com/files/29g2s4ovg?redirect)
    *framework-res.apk: if you want multiple language support ( more than English and Chinese), download this file and replace the old one in /system/framework

Introduction:
    The Rom I worked on was from a Chinese forum ztphone. And by the original Rom's name I thought it might be a branch version from KANG's CM7 Rom. :) So it is good to trace back and share the Rom here. Any feedback and comments are highly appreciated!
    Highlight:
    *Moto Camera, Moto MediaGallery and Moto Videoplayer port to CM7
    *800w Camera and HD recording (1280*720) work fine
    *Smoothly 720p H264 baseline profle video play with HW decode support
    *Media button and all sensor work
    Lowlight
    *HDMI not work
    *I customized the ROM for Chinese phone. Sorry for some possible language inconvinience. Language locale was set to en_GB in build.prop for this version.

Installing Instructions
    1. Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever).Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    2. Unzip the ROM, put the folder Shenqi-V4-En to your sdcard "nandroid\openrecovery". Boot to OpenRecovery, and use "nandroid->restore" to flash.
    3. This additional step is only *required* for Korean Xt720 model. Put "Korean_Patch.zip" to sdcard "openrecovery/updates ", and update it in OpenRecovery
    So what are you thinkin Mz? Was I overstating the goodness of this ROM? You think you can work your magic to finish this baby off? LOL I was really hoping you'd give it a shot without being pushy Hahaha

It's a nice ROM. My main focus remains building ROMs from source, though (CM6, CM7). I try to study and debug and help where I can, but I'm still committed to CM6.
    Add framework-res.apk file to support multiple language. (See on 1st floor)
    Download the file, and replace the old one in /system/framework/, then you could have multiple languagne, including French in the system.
    Steps I followed

1) Flashed to CBW using RSD-LITE
    2) Rooted and Installed openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae,copied contents to SD nandroid/openrecovery
    3) Restored nadroid (ShenqiV4-En- restore all), wiped dalvik, wiped cache,wipe/format.
    4) Rebooted.

On rebooting I see the boot animation and the phone immediately reboots (like boot loop), but it does not always boot loop, sometimes I can see the lock screen and when I unlock it ,it again re-boots. Could anybody please tell me if I had missed steps in between ?

I wiped all before and after, that is the only difference I think. Everything is great for me so far! Only problem I am having is my sdcard, having trouble getting it to read to copy files. You could try repairing your sdcard before flashing, I know that is most of my issues. This ROM is freakin awesome!