Lapdock...?

Search This thread

redrapt0r

Jan 12, 2011
Midlothian
Hey guys!!

Well I recently have acquired a Droid Razr. My Nexus has given me MANY troubles and was able to trade it in for the Razr. Now I am intrigued by the lapdocks. I have a GIANT alienware which is a beautiful and amazing laptop, but its to damn bulky to travel with back and forth to class with. I want something I can do some basic term papers on, surf the web and just use for general use. My question(s) are:

A) How good are these docks?
B) Is the 500 significantly better than the 100?
C) Can I still get the on contract price with my newly acquired razr?
D) I have an HP touchpad rooted with ICS, would it make more sense to use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse vs the lapdock?
E) Where is the cheapest place to get these and do they generally run for cheaper than on amazon?

Thanks in advance!

Sparkimus

Sep 21, 2010
Summerville, GA
I have the 100 and it's pretty handy. I use it at work since all of our software is web-based and it works well. I also use it for browsing at home and doing work for school. It can be a bit slow at times, but it's usable. I picked mine up from the local corporate VZW store for 199.97, which is the cheapest I've seen it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

droidxrooting

Jan 23, 2011
I hated mine and i was thinking to sell it. The catch was using it with a wireless mouse. It is pain to use the touchpad. Once I used a wireless mouse the lapdock started to appeal more and more to me. I have an Asus G series and I used to take it to work. Now my laptop is always at home and I use my lapdock .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium App

omnia38

Mar 1, 2009
I enjoy the Lapdock so much more sense I installed the leaked ICS ROM. It takes away Firefox, and get you a phone/tablet experience. I like that you can run app in phone or tablet resolutions.

ron6400

Apr 25, 2012
Quick office 4.1.20 on Motorola MB860

I have the 100 and it's pretty handy. I use it at work since all of our software is web-based and it works well. I also use it for browsing at home and doing work for school. It can be a bit slow at times, but it's usable. I picked mine up from the local corporate VZW store for 199.97, which is the cheapest I've seen it.

Hi, good to know that you can use the lapdock effectively

How do you use your quick office app , i cant seem to expand it to "full screen", when it expands to full screen it just comes in the center and that serves no purpose. Is there an addon or something so that i can add to expand my documents to full screen so that work can be easy.
I am using Quick office 4.1.20 on Motorola MB860.
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Ron

ron6400

Apr 25, 2012

How do you use your quick office app , i cant seem to expand it to "full screen", when it expands to full screen it just comes in the center and that serves no purpose. Is there an addon or something so that i can add to expand my documents to full screen so that work can be easy.
Thanks
Ron

Thanks ,,,,,,,,,,, figured it out .

:)

Sparkimus

Sep 21, 2010
Summerville, GA

Thanks
Ron

For me using Google Docs through the Firefox browser works better for document editing.

Reactions: ron6400

ron6400

Apr 25, 2012
For me using Google Docs through the Firefox browser works better for document editing.

Google doc serves me well when i am not in my lab. In my lab i get no wifi or Data connection, its one of those dead spots in the univ. Thats why i need on device editing. i also using smart office 2 which is good but it wont let me save documents on SD card i can only save then on Internal memory. its just a pain doing few more steps trying to transfer documents to SD card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks
    Ron