htctoucher wm7inspired theme 2.0 changed rltoday +(weatherpanel, htc touch cube skin)

Search This thread

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
alright guys!
seriously.. last update :D

This is an add on to the last thread
(the last thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2453449#post2453449) didnt have space in first two posts)

here are improvements:

• ...changed rltoday (I felt the blue was too blue and the black was too black, so here is a medium!)
  • ...added new weather icons for rltoday to match weatherpanel
  • .................also, used dcinobar.cab, it hides the softkeys better, so now rltoday goes all the way to the bottom of the screen!
  • new s2p skin to match ImageViewer skin
  • forgot to mention..NEW! Mortplayer skin (edited q_vista skin - takes a looong time to do all those little buttons).. plus alarm screen!

• ...added weatherpanel skin (edited an iphone theme I found (credit for the great iphone layout goes to buzzard808).. very nice layout)
  • ...changed s2u2 skin to support fullscreen contact images
  • ...added HTC TOUCH CUBE (original.. not slither) skin.. custom animation (flips up and down, the slide is similar to the PocketCM animation in v24+!)
here:
top row.... rltoday, s2u2vc, weatherpanel, s2u2
bottom row... mortplayer main screen, mortplayer car screen, mortplayer alarm screen, s2p
previewfinalan2.png

I sized the preview a lil too small to see how it really looks.. but trust me.. its really nice.. especially if you like my wm7-inspired theme, youll want to give this a go! :D

here is the cube:
cubewm7ah3.gif

for some reason its all fuzzy in the preview above.. on the device it is VERY clear

..so you know..
app launcher apps are:

mortplayer..........Evernote (very neat note function)
Skyfire..........Windows Live (can map it to messenger or email etc)
Comm Manager (or settings of basically anything you want)..........Sprint (anything related to sprint.. I use it for either navigation or mobile email settings)

I dont know if this skin will be useful..but on the off chance that you guys use all the same apps as me, it looks great on the device!

htc touch cube instructions (make sure you use a program like Total Commander - NOT File Explorer):
...copy/move all images in the "htctoucher wm7-inspired HTC TOUCH CUBE skin" folder to your \windows folder on your device
...you may have to kill the following if you get the error "unable to overwrite files" or something like that, which you can use MemMaid for (just download the trial - it lasts 15 days so you can use it for this!)
.......kill: BioTouch.exe, QuickDial.exe, MediaHubMini.exe, APLauncher.exe

...to change the path of the apps the cube opens..
,,,go into REGISTRY
,,,go into HKLM
,,,go into Software
,,,go into HTC
,,,go into BioTouch

,,,go into APLauncher for the App Launcher page
.............go into any App folder and change the "path" string to wheverever the file is that you are trying to open with the corresponding button
.............App0 is the top left app
.............App1 is the middle left app
.............App2 is the bottom left app
.............App3 is the top right app
.............App4 is the middle right app
.............App5 is the bottom right app

,,,go into MediaHubMini for the Media Hub page (music, pics, video)
.............App1_1 is the top
.............App1_2 is the middle
.............App1_3 is the bottom

rltoday instructions are the same as last thread:
RUN "dcinobar.cab" to hide soft keys... and I am including the TSKs (updated with new background) in the rltoday zip
Again, to add more blue.. you can use UITweaker and my settings file for that that you can find in the other thread (in rltodayzip as well)

**rltoday INSTRUCTIONS**
!!ONLY DRAG THE WM7 FOLDER TO YOUR RLTODAY FOLDER ON YOUR DEVICE!!
to hide the bottom softkeys on your todayscreen, you will have to install the "PMC TodayShrink.cab" I included (takes up no resources)

BOTTOM ROW and APP LAUNCHER
The home button on the bottom left of the screen brings you to the first screen. The star can be mapped to shortcut to whatever application you want.

The person icon is pocketcm for me, you can link it to whatever you want, and the web is the next icon.

To set this up properly, go into options of rltoday (hold down on the today until options pops up) then go into the "Apps" tab.
....make sure your first FOUR applications correspond to:
..................................1.png (the star or music note, depending on which you choose to use)- **change "change to 1.png if want to use instead of music note.png" to 1.png if you want to use it**
..................................2.png (the person)
..................................3.png (the world with the magnifying glass)
..................................5.png (the lock)

you do not need to do anything with 4.png

The next 10 applications you choose are what will show up on the app launcher page (the left screen shot of rltoday in the preview).
==============================
RLTODAY WEATHER
**EDIT THESE FILES IN NOTEPAD**
To update weather, press on the weather icon or any of the degrees shown.

YOU MUST EDIT THE "rl_Vista_Weather.mscr" file in the rltoday-->wm7 folder to change the lines:

# your location (see http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/ on finding your location)
location=""
# desired units for temp, f or c
units="f"

AND YOU MUST EDIT THE skin-tab2.xml located in the rltoday-->wm7-->mscr folder to change the line:

<Text text="Tuscon, Arizona" x="22" y="173" alignment="left" color="RGB(220,220,220)"><Font size="12" weight="" font="Segoe UI" /> <OnClick File="\Program Files\rlToday\wm7\rl_vista_weather.mscr" />
</Text>

s2u2 instructions:
..copy files in gfx in zip to gfx in s2u2 folder on your device (overwrite originals)

s2p instructions:
this is an add-on to the s2p gfx skin you can find at my previous thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2453449#post2453449)

..there are TWO sttopbars included.. blue and black.. choose whichever one you want and name it to sttopbar.png
..if you dont like it, just use the one from the original thread

..copy files in s2p zip to gfx in s2u2 folder on your device (overwrite originals)
..this zip ONLY CONTAINS BUTTONS (no topbar) to match the ImageViewer buttons I created for the wm7-inspired theme

weatherpanel instructions:
good to know:
the little "i" icon brings up a menu that will allow you to switch between locations and go into settings
the yahoo symbol will update your weather!

...copy the folder "iweather - edited htctoucher for wm7-inspired" into your WeatherPanel-->THEMES folder on your device
...copy the folder "Stardock Animated" to your WeatherPanel-->Icons folder
...in settings set for THEME: the folder's name
...select "Segoe UI.wpl" as the layout
...icon set: Stardock Animated

btw you need Segoe UI (havent tried it without Segoe UI.. the layout might look a little weird) which you can find around.. not sure if I am supposed to be posting it, but I did post it on one of my PocketCM themes a while back I think

mortplayer instructions:
things you should know:
,,to move screens, press on the album art
,,to get to playlist, use the little arrow in the bottom left hand corner

...place the "qvista_wm7.mpz" in your Mortplayer folder on your device
...select it in settings as your theme

enjoy guys.. seriously the last update!
hope you like it as much as I do
htctoucher

GET THE CUBE FILES HERE (Too big to attach):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TEH7T69
or
http://www.4shared.com/file/59108855/816463fa/htctoucher_wm7-inspired_HTC_TOUCH_CUBE_skin.html

or
mirrored by lepsyfou (thanks!)
http://depositfiles.com/files/7239033

lots of choices!

Last edited:

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
thanks!
glad you like the theme :D

if anyone knows a better upload site than megaupload.. feel free to repost or just tell me the site and I will reupload it!

enjoy!@
htctoucher

Mo76

Jun 7, 2008
Few Questions

Nice theme, I want. I have few questions:

1) why do you say "use total commandar NOT File Explorer)?

2) You say "...copy/move all images in the "brn" folder to your \windows folder on your device". However, I do not see a "brn" folder.

Do i copy ONLY the image files or should I copy all files "Images + .brn files"?

3) Where is the "PMC TodayShrink.cab" i do not see it. It's not in the "htctoucher wm7-inspired rltoday 2.0.zip"

4) Not related to this thread, but another one where you said "Mort's MortScript 4.11b7 - !MUST INSTALL TO STORAGE CARD!", I wanted to try that theme first but don't have a storage card. So what happens if i install on the device? If that is not possible, then what do you need MortScript for on that theme?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
ur themes are dope

i just wish they were a bit easier to install

yeah sorry about that.. I think its easier when you have actually created the theme and gone through it all a couple of times.. i try my best with the instructions!

buupbup@yaho.com
wheres the .tsk file
looks pretty awesum but ive searched everywhere for a .tsk file of this

you should be able find the tsk in the rltoday zip

Mo76
Few Questions
Nice theme, I want. I have few questions:

1) why do you say "use total commandar NOT File Explorer)?

no file explorer.. simply because in my experience it does not overwrite files in windows folder

2) You say "...copy/move all images in the "brn" folder to your \windows folder on your device". However, I do not see a "brn" folder.

there should be one folder with image files in the "htctoucher wm7-inspired HTC TOUCH CUBE skin.zip". (sorry I renamed it from "brn" to "htctoucher wm7-inspired HTC TOUCH CUBE skin" at last moment and forgot :D)

copy ALL FILES inside the folder to your windows folder

3) Where is the "PMC TodayShrink.cab" i do not see it. It's not in the "htctoucher wm7-inspired rltoday 2.0.zip"

use dcinobar, included in the rltoday.zip in the first post of this thread

4) Not related to this thread, but another one where you said "Mort's MortScript 4.11b7 - !MUST INSTALL TO STORAGE CARD!", I wanted to try that theme first but don't have a storage card. So what happens if i install on the device? If that is not possible, then what do you need MortScript for on that theme?

if you dont have a SD card, you will just install mortscript to your device.
then download the attached zip
...the skin.xml will replace the skin.xml in the main rltoday-->wm7 folder
...the skin-tab*.xml files will replace the skin-tab*.xml files in the mscr folder found in the rltoday-->wm7 folder

if you were wondering, all I did was find instances of "storage card\program files\" and changed them to "\program files\"

i hope that helps
htctoucher

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Dude this theme looks awesome...Great work!!!

You put a lot of time into the instructions etc even though my head hurts a little bit trying to read them :)

Well done!!

wdbanks

Jun 12, 2008
Man your work is really nice. I cant get the Mortplayer skin to work right though. What version of the player do I need installed? Or will this just not work on the Touch? Thanks anyway though.

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
K

kudvu002

alright mr toucher! ive loaded your theme once again and this time actually managed to rewrite the skin tabs the first time! i have some issues though. 1st: when i press on the box to scroll though the rl cube it closes out rl today and when i reselect it from settings the cube has changed pages to agenda or apps and i have to go through that everytime to get it back to the weather. 2nd: how can i add apps to the cube? right now it has excel and the internet .png pic that you sent so i put that on there somehow just dont know how! 3rd. this ones on me,i weatherpanel on my sd card and when i try to add the plug in to my bottm tabs i cant find the exe to pull it from. hopefully that made since! i have mortiscript on my sd card and when i sometimes tap the weater in the cube it says mortiscript couldnt execute. any help would be app seeing as how im going to throw down a video to our theme! also where do i place the sms bubbles images at?

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
alright mr toucher! ive loaded your theme once again and this time actually managed to rewrite the skin tabs the first time! i have some issues though. 1st: when i press on the box to scroll though the rl cube it closes out rl today and when i reselect it from settings the cube has changed pages to agenda or apps and i have to go through that everytime to get it back to the weather. 2nd: how can i add apps to the cube? right now it has excel and the internet .png pic that you sent so i put that on there somehow just dont know how! 3rd. this ones on me,i weatherpanel on my sd card and when i try to add the plug in to my bottm tabs i cant find the exe to pull it from. hopefully that made since! i have mortiscript on my sd card and when i sometimes tap the weater in the cube it says mortiscript couldnt execute. any help would be app seeing as how im going to throw down a video to our theme! also where do i place the sms bubbles images at?

if you are using the 2.0 version of rltoday, the problem with rltoday closing is that actually i optimized
the theme for ultimatelaunch. if you arent using ultimatelaunch you will have to edit some of the scripts in the mscr folder. there are three you will have to edit: tab1.mscr, tab2.mscr, tab3.mscr.....

all you have to do is open them in notepad.. you can even do this in total commander.. change the 0 for the rltoday today item line to 1 so it shows up when you switch through the tabs.

adding apps isas simple as going into the settings of rltoday (hold down on today screen till you get a popup with options.. then go to the apps page and set some. i believe all apps after the 4th will show up on the app tab.

weatherpanel is a today plugin, so there is no exe.. i use it as another page in ultimate launch.. not sure if you can make it act like an app pretty sure you cant

mortscript issue is strange that should not be happening of you have it installed to storage card!

i dont know what sms bubbles you aer talking about.. pcmcontact bubbles if that is what you mean are packaged in the theme zips

looking forward to seeing a video that would be really cool :D

hope that helps
htctoucher

K

kudvu002

if you are using the 2.0 version of rltoday, the problem with rltoday closing is that actually i optimized
the theme for ultimatelaunch. if you arent using ultimatelaunch you will have to edit some of the scripts in the mscr folder. there are three you will have to edit: tab1.mscr, tab2.mscr, tab3.mscr.....

all you have to do is open them in notepad.. you can even do this in total commander.. change the 0 for the rltoday today item line to 1 so it shows up when you switch through the tabs.

adding apps isas simple as going into the settings of rltoday (hold down on today screen till you get a popup with options.. then go to the apps page and set some. i believe all apps after the 4th will show up on the app tab.

weatherpanel is a today plugin, so there is no exe.. i use it as another page in ultimate launch.. not sure if you can make it act like an app pretty sure you cant

mortscript issue is strange that should not be happening of you have it installed to storage card!

i dont know what sms bubbles you aer talking about.. pcmcontact bubbles if that is what you mean are packaged in the theme zips

looking forward to seeing a video that would be really cool :D

hope that helps
htctoucher
so i just installed ul and that took care of all my issues! i was taking about pocketcm bubbles. in the file i have its just a bunch of images and i didnt know where to place em at. also did you ever figure out a way to make ur sms icon pull from pocketcm's threaded vs factory? i will make a video tues or thurs and post a link